• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moderation

unrequited

imported post

Whoa tiger...

The forums have been down ALL day. There may have been a database rollback to explain the lack of a lot of recent posts.

**edit**
I lost all my posts from 9pm onwards... I posted last at around 6am this morning, so a bunch of posts are gone. You can put on your tinfoil hat again.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

I_Hate_Illinois wrote:
Now I'm pissed off. Last night, I posted a blog about how Hillary Clinton was probably in on the 'hostage crisis'. Today, it's gone. Gee, I wonder why that happened. Could it be a Clinton sympathizer or anti-gunner hiding as a moderator who removed it? This is ******* bullshit.

I agree that longwatch cuts a censorious swath around here when he has a mind to. So did BobCav when he still had the button...

But I don't think they censored your musings about Hillery.

Is this it?

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=6361&forum_id=4&jump_to=103424#p103424

imperialism2024

imported post

Actually, come to think of it, some people on this board may agree that since a moderator is sympathetic to Ron Paul, and since a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for Clinton, then the moderator, logically must be a Clinton sympathizer.

:)

I_Hate_Illinois

imported post

Thank you, Hank T. That was the link. I greatly appreciate it. Sorry guys. I didnt mean to blow my stack there. Living in shithole Stalinois can get to you after a while.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

HankT wrote:
I agree that longwatch cuts a censorious swath around here when he has a mind to. So did BobCav when he still had the button...
Speaking of BobCav, what happened? He hasn't been around since Nov 5th.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
HankT wrote:
Speaking of BobCav, what happened? He hasn't been around since Nov 5th.

I dunno. I think he's working on this MLM deal. Getting paid what he's worth and all that... Check out his web site at:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/users/1100.html

He said he's making or will make a LOT of $$$.

But Bob'll beback.He said so:

Yep, I'll stop back and post a pdf of a check, just for a giggle. CYA!

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

'Censure' is off the topic of 'censor(ing)', you ignorant homophone!

HankT wrote:
I agree that longwatch cuts a censorious swath around here ...
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/censorious:

censorious

1. Addicted to censure; apt to blame or condemn; severe in making remarks on others, or on their writings or manners.

2. Implying or expressing censure; as, censorious remarks.

censure (plural censures)
1. the act of blaming, criticizing, or condemning as wrong; reprehension.
2. an official reprimand.
3. the state of excommunication.
Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. LAB/NRA/GOP KMA$$

dng

State Researcher
imported post

The mods are just doing what they feel is best to keep down the flame wars and to keep the forum on topic. We all have probably had times when we did not like something being removed, but overall, I think they do a good job. We are all guests on here, and those who pay for the site have the right to monitor what is on their site.

VAopencarry

imported post

I'm not sure why people think they can post whatever they want and it should never be touched by a moderator.

There are plenty of gun forums on the internet, you don't have to stay here.

Legba

imported post

Hillary has a hot assistant? I don't get out much (except to court these days).

-ljp

IanB

imported post

I_Hate_Illinois wrote:
Now I'm pissed off. Last night, I posted a blog about how Hillary Clinton was probably in on the 'hostage crisis'. Today, it's gone. Gee, I wonder why that happened. Could it be a Clinton sympathizer or anti-gunner hiding as a moderator who removed it? This is ******* bullshit.
First off, this is a gun board... not a bash Clinton board. I didn't read your post, but if you indeed wrote that Clinton "was in on it" that's about as nuts as claiming GWB ordered 9/11. Repeat after me: THIS IS A GUN BOARD TO PROMOTE OPEN CARRY.

Second, you need to watch your language here on the forum. You don't do yourself any favors by using inappropriate language that really seems unnecessary.

1) Since we are a site dedicated to open carry, freedom, liberty, firearms and gun rights, all posts should relate in some way to one of these topics.

2) Keep the profanity to a minimum. While an expletive may be the only way to convey the depth of anger / surprise or frustration you are trying to express, please do not use them gratuitously.

imperialism2024

imported post

dngreer wrote:
The mods are just doing what they feel is best to keep down the flame wars and to keep the forum on topic. We all have probably had times when we did not like something being removed, but overall, I think they do a good job. We are all guests on here, and those who pay for the site have the right to monitor what is on their site.

Not exactly. Off-topic comments are removed arbitrarily... some are removed, lots aren't. I could offer a suggestion for this pattern, but I won't. This site is still fairly "free", so to speak, and it will be a shame if we end up with more heavy-handed moderation. LW, for a short period of time, seemed to be exercising the best moderation policy in dealing with OT and flame posts, in giving a posted warning on the thread to get back on topic or risk thread closure, but I don't know why he moved away from it.

On that note, maybe a merger of this thread with http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/5630.html ?

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Moderation is not a democracy. The mods make the choice they think is best. We are free to question them about it, but the bottom line is that it's up to them.

imperialism2024

imported post

dngreer wrote:
Moderation is not a democracy. The mods make the choice they think is best. We are free to question them about it, but the bottom line is that it's up to them.

Oh, I agree. But it's a bit of false advertising to say:

[font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]
5) We reserve the right to remove posting for any reason, at our sole discretion.
when they mean

[/font][font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]
5) We arbitrarily exercise the right to remove posting for a specific agenda or personal bias, at our sole discretion.
[/font]

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I_Hate_Illinois wrote:
There were 3 threads on the same subject, which I combined, nothing was deleted or removed.
ETA: 4 threads just found another one. The search feature isn't the internets best but it does work. Please use it before you start a new thread people.