View Poll Results: Headcount - Do You Think You Will Attend?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely!

0 0%
  • Will Try.

2 18.18%
  • Sorry, unable to make it.

9 81.82%
  • I think it would be a waste of my time.

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Gun Rights Delegate to Speak @ McLean Community Center 10/30

Post imported post

The Virginia Million Mom March Chapters of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence are pleased to endorse Margaret Vanderhye for Virginia State Delegate in District 34.

****MARGARET VANDERHYE TO ADDRESS FORUM ON GUN VIOLENCE****
    Come see Margaret Vanderhye in person this Tuesday as she discusses her ideas regarding gun violence prevention and the opportunity to bring about siginificant change in the upcoming Virginia legislative session. She will be speaking at an open forum in front of many of the past Virginia Lie-In participants and all are welcome to attend. Please come see Margaret Vanderhye at the McLean Community Center on Tuesday, Oct. 30th at 7:30 pm. The event is hosted by the McLean-32 Lie-In.

If I could go, I would show up in a nice business suit, and because those community centers get stuffy, remove my coat, going from concealed carry to open carry. I would also be sure to have a few Guns Save Lives buttons to hand out.

(Correct me if I am wrong, but McLean Community Center ispublic property like a city library, so it would be ok to go armed? Can someone check this please?)

When the sheep start asking me (probably in that whiny/huffy tone of voice, is that a real gun? Are you a cop? Why do you have that?) I would pleasantly reply, yes, no, and for my personal protection.)

I would then say when is the last time you were fingerprinted and passed a background check? Where is your permit to assemble, speak, and vote? As well as the First amendment, this meeting is now protected by the Second Amendment, and at no extra charge!

I hope others can attend and give us an eyewitness report, with video cameras rolling. Could be fun.

Post imported post

This should answer your question...
    http://mclean2.timberlakepublishing....p?contentid=98

WHO WE ARE

The McLean Community Center (MCC) was built and is funded by residents of Greater McLean for their use through a real estate tax surcharge, the result of a 1970 bond referendum (Small District 1A-Dranesville). The Center also receives money from fees and charges and relies on volunteers, gifts, and donations to expand its program. An eleven-member Governing Board, elected by citizens of the District and appointed by the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, oversees the Center's budget and operation.

Post imported post

NSL you thinking about going?

Post imported post

Probably not. I think I have stuff to do on Tues.

Post imported post

Yeah, I probably ought to save the gas now that oil is going through the roof. This lady isn't even in my district. I don't think I'll head out there after all. Thanks for saving me the trip.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I sure would like to make it, but this Tuesday I can't.

If I can rearrange things, I will, and will let you know how it goes. I don't like not going just because she isn't my district. Not all gun owners in her district will have understood the real issues behind the brady bunch's goals.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

NSL, do you really think they'd let you in? <grin>
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Interestingly, it's not showing on her "events" list on her campaign page.

Post imported post

I'm not having any luck finding references or poss for this event, which I'd like to be able to confirm via the organizers before going out to. Suggestions fora source?

Post imported post

stryth wrote:
    I'm not having any luck finding references or poss for this event, which I'd like to be able to confirm via the organizers before going out to. Suggestions fora source?
    You can contact her campaign at: 703-448-8018

Please post results if you find out.

Post imported post

[media=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/a-kZONm3E6A&rel=1&color1=0x006699&color2 =0x54abd6&border=0[/media]

III?

Post imported post

I've confirmed via her campaign that she's speaking to a "small group" interested in "gun rights" tomorrow at 7:30 in McLean.

Post imported post

stryth wrote:
    I've confirmed via her campaign that she's speaking to a "small group" interested in "gun rights" tomorrow at 7:30 in McLean.
    I'm shocked that the MMM would be a "small group".

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Or interested in gun rights.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

les_aker wrote:
    stryth wrote:
    I'm shocked that the MMM would be a "small group".
    That was tongue-in-cheek, right?

According to the OP, this is sponsored by the McLean-32 Lie-In. It seems the MMM is hopping on the bandwagon. Of course, they do the LIE-ins.

Speaking of which, there's on in Fairfax in November....... Fairfax, Virginia, November 24, 3pm, Fairfax Corner (see http://www.protesteasyguns.com )

Ouch. It hurts even to type that URL.

Post imported post

"In the House, Democrat Margaret Vanderhye of Fairfax, who's running against Republican Dave Hunt for the seat being vacated by GOP House Appropriations Chairman Vincent F. Callahan Jr., reported the most money raised last month at $151,926. Hunt garnered almost $84,000."

Democratic challengers rake in money in N.Va.
    Edge there could make area decisive in the next election
    http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/news/politics.apx.-content-articles-RTD-2007-10-17-0127.html

Post imported post

Tess wrote:

Yeah. It seems that it's always a major undertaking (pun intended) for them to get enough people together to "protest".

Post imported post

les_aker wrote:
    Tess wrote:
    Yeah. It seems that it's always a major undertaking (pun intended) for them to get enough people together to "protest".

Also difficult itwould seem, if this poll is any measure, for the anti-MMMers to collect for the anti-"protest"...

Looks like the Vanderhye-Hunt battle is getting a little down and dirty...

CANDIDATES for the Virginia House of Delegates 34th District seat, Republican Dave Hunt and Democrat Margaret “Margi” Vanderhye, also participated in the Oct. 16 Great Falls Citizens Association Candidates’ Forum. Tensions rose when several residents broached the topic of negative campaign practices. In recent weeks, Hunt has expressed increasing frustration with Vanderhye campaign mailers that he says are negative and misleading.

“All of my mailers, every single one of them was true,” said Hunt. “I can’t let people send out information that is untruthful and not defend myself. They may have been negative, but they were true.”

However, Hunt came under fire for a recent mailer claiming that Vanderhye has been involved in numerous “frivolous lawsuits.” One resident inquired as to how a negative campaign flier about Vanderhye’s past lawsuits falls under the category of self-defense. Hunt said he felt the information was relevant to the campaign because it illustrates Vanderhye’s inability to compromise and work with people. However, Vanderhye said each lawsuit had merit and had been won, but placed particular emphasis on the fact that her husband had filed the lawsuits and not her. She added that her role in the suits had primarily been as a witness who could provide testimony.

“Those were the actions of my husband and he is not running for office,” said Vanderhye. “I think that defamatory, personal comments about a person’s character, or their family, have no place in an electoral debate.”

http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/...65&cat=197

It would be good to see some more video of the MMMers in action. I read somewhere the Vanderhye had a small lead in the polls. She's gotten a few important endorsements, too, notably the Washington Post. She just may win...

Post imported post

Hank your posts make me all emo, I couldn't motivate myself to go.

Post imported post

15 people attended, including three of us, the candidate Mrs. Vanderhye, two hosts, and Jim Solo. The remaining persons in attendance all were either recognized anti-gun zealots seen at previous meetings or obvious gun control supporters. I did not see anyone who seemed to be an undecided voter seeking information from the candidate on the issues before the election next Tuesday. When I walked into the room with another VCDL member Jim Solo pointed us out to the people he was chatting with and a lady from that group came over to ask us our names and where we lived (this is at the beginning of the audio). We offered to help set up some chairs and the meeting started. I think the audio speaks for itself, no further explanation necessary. Nothing special happened but they did not seem to appreciate our being there tonight. At the end of the audio file the VCDL member who was with me invited Jim Solo to come to a VCDL meeting. He asks "Even if we're unarmed"?

Here's the audio file: http://vaguninfo.com/misc/vanderhye.mp3

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    15 people attended, including three of us, the candidate Mrs. Vanderhye, two hosts, and Jim Solo. The remaining persons in attendance all were either recognized anti-gun zealots seen at previous meetings or obvious gun control supporters. I did not see anyone who seemed to be an undecided voter seeking information from the candidate on the issues before the election next Tuesday. When I walked into the room with another VCDL member Jim Solo pointed us out to the people he was chatting with and a lady from that group came over to ask us our names and where we lived (this is at the beginning of the audio). We offered to help set up some chairs and the meeting started. I think the audio speaks for itself, no further explanation necessary. Nothing special happened but they did not seem to appreciate our being there tonight. At the end of the audio file the VCDL member who was with me invited Jim Solo to come to a VCDL meeting. He asks "Even if we're unarmed"?

What's your opinion, NSL? Does Vanderhye have a chance to win the election? Does she have something goin' on?

Did you get any video?

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:

So the McLean 32 is really 8 people? Or did Jim Solo lie in too?

Post imported post

Er, I dunno Hank. I'm no mathematician, statisticianor poly sci major, but I'd say that 8 people in attendence isn't exactly a surge of support. Just spit balling here.

Post imported post

bohdi wrote:
    Er, I dunno Hank. I'm no mathematician, statisticianor poly sci major, but I'd say that 8 people in attendence isn't exactly a surge of support. Just spit balling here.
    Hmmm, 8 does seem pretty low. How does that attendancecompare to one of the many "Let's go get 'em boys, they can't do that to Danbus without seeing our guns too!" expeditions?

Did you get any video by any chance?

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Thats like 5% of our side that turned out in Manassas the first time. Like 2% of Bloomberg gun giveaway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast