• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti-Gun Rights Delegate to Speak @ McLean Community Center 10/30

Headcount - Do You Think You Will Attend?

• Definitely!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Will Try.

• Sorry, unable to make it.

• I think it would be a waste of my time.

• Total voters

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
15 people attended, including three of us, the candidate Mrs. Vanderhye, two hosts, and Jim Solo. The remaining persons in attendance all were either recognized anti-gun zealots seen at previous meetings or obvious gun control supporters. I did not see anyone who seemed to be an undecided voter seeking information from the candidate on the issues before the election next Tuesday. When I walked into the room with another VCDL member Jim Solo pointed us out to the people he was chatting with and a lady from that group came over to ask us our names and where we lived (this is at the beginning of the audio). We offered to help set up some chairs and the meeting started. I think the audio speaks for itself, no further explanation necessary. Nothing special happened but they did not seem to appreciate our being there tonight. At the end of the audio file the VCDL member who was with me invited Jim Solo to come to a VCDL meeting. He asks "Even if we're unarmed"?

Here's the audio file: http://vaguninfo.com/misc/vanderhye.mp3

What's your opinion, NSL? Does Vanderhye have a chance to win the election? Does she have something goin' on?

Did you get any video?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
15 people attended, including three of us, the candidate Mrs. Vanderhye, two hosts, and Jim Solo. The remaining persons in attendance all were either recognized anti-gun zealots seen at previous meetings or obvious gun control supporters. I did not see anyone who seemed to be an undecided voter seeking information from the candidate on the issues before the election next Tuesday. When I walked into the room with another VCDL member Jim Solo pointed us out to the people he was chatting with and a lady from that group came over to ask us our names and where we lived (this is at the beginning of the audio). We offered to help set up some chairs and the meeting started. I think the audio speaks for itself, no further explanation necessary. Nothing special happened but they did not seem to appreciate our being there tonight. At the end of the audio file the VCDL member who was with me invited Jim Solo to come to a VCDL meeting. He asks "Even if we're unarmed"?

Here's the audio file: http://vaguninfo.com/misc/vanderhye.mp3
So the McLean 32 is really 8 people? Or did Jim Solo lie in too?

bohdi

imported post

Er, I dunno Hank. I'm no mathematician, statisticianor poly sci major, but I'd say that 8 people in attendence isn't exactly a surge of support. Just spit balling here.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

bohdi wrote:
Er, I dunno Hank. I'm no mathematician, statisticianor poly sci major, but I'd say that 8 people in attendence isn't exactly a surge of support. Just spit balling here.

Hmmm, 8 does seem pretty low. How does that attendancecompare to one of the many "Let's go get 'em boys, they can't do that to Danbus without seeing our guns too!" expeditions?

Did you get any video by any chance?

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Thats like 5% of our side that turned out in Manassas the first time. Like 2% of Bloomberg gun giveaway.

bohdi

imported post

HankT wrote:
bohdi wrote:

Hmmm, 8 does seem pretty low. How does that attendancecompare to one of the many "Let's go get 'em boys, they can't do that to Danbus without seeing our guns too!" expeditions?

Did you get any video by any chance?

As previously stated, I'm no mathematician, statistician, so I haven't done the analysis on that. However, since you broached the question, I would like to invite you the opportunity to provide the answer. Sounds like you already have it figured out. Then again, I think the two types of interactions are completely different and it would be an apples to oranges comparison, but that's just my opinion.

Of course I don't have any video, for the same reasons why you don't have any video. You didn't go, you couldn't have taken any. I didn't go, therefore I didn't take any.

So how does it rate on the old train wreck scale?

stryth

imported post

Well, that was a shocking outing. I went out not to protest or to represent any organization, just to listen and chat.

Every protest I've seen before has had a few individuals ready to spit fire, but I've never seen a meeting organizer come so close to losing control. First just before 21 minutes into the above audio, then as she shut down the meeting and bolted. Is that usual behavior?

IanB

imported post

stryth wrote:
Well, that was a shocking outing....Is that usual behavior?
Sadly, yes. They were actually on pretty good behavior last night.

unrequited

imported post

Wow... that was a trainwreck caused and continued by their own talkingheads.

"We welcome you here but you can't ask questions because your opinions differ from ours."

It's time to bring out the interrobang.

WTF‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽

Why didn't they let the person invited to speak... speak instead of jumping on "you three" over and over again?