So how does it work the other way around?1. You have to be against capital punishment, but support abortion on demand.
6 You have to believe that gender roles are artificial but being homosexual is natural.
Actually, that's entirely accurate... The current perceptions of gender were created a very long time ago, and there's really no biological basis for most of the gender roles we have today. That's why gender roles vary so much by culture. And, homosexuality is, in fact, found in nature. While it's not conducive to reproduction, neither is ugliness, but that certainly is natural, no? Not to mention sterility...
7. You have to believe that the AIDS virus is spread by a lack of Federal Funding.
No, by a lack of education. Teaching kids, "don't have sex before marriage or else" has been proven ineffective in getting them to not have sex, and just causes them to be unprepared for practicing safer sex.
8. You have to believe that the same teacher who can't teach fourth graders how to read is somehow qualified to teach those same kids about sex.
I don't think that Democrats believe any teacher is unable to teach, so that wouldn't hold much water for a Democrat...
18. You have to believe conservatives telling the truth belong in jail, but a liar and a sex offender belonged in the White House.
Er, where are these conservatives that tell the truth? I have yet to find them... Not that there are any Democrats that are telling the truth either, but really, the political party not in office is always going to try to get rid of the party in office. It's an old trick that's not party specific.
That's some deceptive wording. There's that pesky idea that the right to peaceful assembly applies to everyone, not just fundamentalist Christians. The government isn't sponsoring gay pride parades, but allowing them, which offends many people who believe that the government should legislate what happens in the bedroom. Now, there's a lot of outcry from Democrats when public buildings and public spaces have government-sponsored religious displays... A different issue entirely19. You have to believe that homosexual parades displaying drag, transvestites, and bestiality should be constitutionally protected, and Manger scenes at Christmas should be illegal.
21. You have to believe that this message is a part of a vast, right Wing Conspiracy.
While Republicans will argue that my comments are part of a vast left-wing agenda to turn everyone's kids into infant-slaughtering, gay antichrists.
Spot on2. You have to believe that businesses create oppression and governments create prosperity.
3. You have to believe that guns in the hands of law-abiding Americans are more of a threat than U.S. Nuclear weapons technology in the hands of Chinese and North Korean communists.
4. You have to believe that there was no art before Federal funding.
5. You have to believe that global temperatures are less affected by cyclical documented changes in the earth's climate and more affected by Soccer moms driving SUV's.
9. You have to believe that hunters don't care about nature, but loony activists who have never been outside of San Francisco do.
10. You have to believe that self-esteem is more important than actually doing something to earn it.
11. You have to believe that Mel Gibson spent $25 million of his own money to make "The Passion of the Christ" for financial gain only.
12. You have to believe the NRA is bad because it supports certain parts of the Constitution, while the ACLU is good because it supports certain parts of the Constitution.
13. You have to believe that taxes are too low, but ATM fees are too high.
14. You have to believe that Margaret Sanger and Gloria Steinem are more important to American history than Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Edison, and A.G. Bell.
15. You have to believe that standardized tests are racist, but racial quotas and set-asides are not.
16. You have to believe that Hillary Clinton is normal and is a very nice person.
17. You have to believe that the only reason socialism hasn't worked anywhere it's been tried is because the right people haven't been in charge.
20. You have to believe that illegal Democrat Party funding by the Chinese Government is somehow in the best interest to the United States.
22. You have to believe that it's okay to give Federal workers the day off on Christmas Day ..........but it's not okay to say "Merry Christmas."
But my point is, really, that both Republicans and Democrats are ridiculous in their views, their double standards and hypocrisy, and their desire to control the lives of Americans (albeit in different areas). Just as Democrats want to exert complete government power over the country through taking away the peoples' right to defend themselves, Republicans want everyone to submit to the "will of God", whether overtly or covertly. How long is it until we have a Divine Right of the Presidents? The slippery slope of gun confiscation surely can be applied to religious oppression as well.
Call me crazy, as I'm sure many people do, but it seems completely irrational to me that a person, much less half a country, can believe that the government is justified in controlling one aspect of an American's life while at the same time, that government must not control other areas of one's life. I can even understand those who believe that the government should regulate every aspect of life. But I can't reconcile the pick-and-choose-freedoms mentality of Republicans and Democrats.