• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who wears western pull-on boots?

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

So I realized recently that the only two pairs of footwear I ever really wear are sandals or tacticool boots (oakley). I like wearing boots vs. shoes, but I'd like to avoid the tacticool look as much as possible, so I thought I'd get a pair of pull-on western style boots. I just want something that looks good in jeans, maybe a nice pair of slacks. I also want them to be tough and comfortable, and nothing too flashy.

Anyway I did a little online window shopping and am leaning towards Justin Boots, either their Ranch & Road or their Harness Boots. Anyone have any experience with these?

Ranch & Road Harness

JBC_JB1111_LF
JBC_9025_LF

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Are they any good for sticking a knife or a holdout pistol in? I suppose they are good for kicking butt in self defense. There now this thread is more on topic.:monkey

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Well now first of all this is the GENERAL discussion area, and secondly I am honestly concerned about avoiding the "tacticool" appearance while carrying. I guess I didn't specify "while carrying" lol, but that was the implication. I just think wearing nylon/leather tactical boots and a nylon or kydex type holster starts moving into the tacticool realm.

Anyway you should feel special that I trust your guys' opinion so much that I would think to ask you guys first! :p

EDIT: I didn't even think about carrying a boot knife or BUG...that's a good idea! Whats a hold-out pistol? Do they make holsters specifically for carrying a BUG in a boot? :D

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Not to try to steer you in the wrong direction, buy my experience with Justin boots while riding/farm work was less than ideal. I truly prefer Ariat. They have the look of the western style boots but offer a wider variety of non slip and work style soles. They are also a sturdier leather and have proven (at least in my case) to be more comfortable. Just my .02!

RogueWarrior

imported post

the Harness boots looks good if you get a pair let us know which one and what they cost as I'm a boot man myself :cool:

John

longwatch

imported post

[font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]Doubletap[/font][font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]

[/font]

longwatch

imported post

I'm thinking fashion or topics that don't really conform to rule number one are why we the general forum. Its here for topics that are tangental to [font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]open carry, freedom, liberty, firearms and gun rights but still related to those subjects. So you have to make the logical link if you want to discuss it here. Otherwise this subforum will be filled with American Idol threads and such;)

Back on topic
People have been making boot knives for a long time, and NAA Mini revolvers fit the bill nicely. Straight razors too, but since they are as illegal to carry concealed as daggers are(in Virginia) there isn't much point as they are terrible to fight with, looked cool in Kill Bill 2 and Resevior Dogs though. The ultimate boot weapon carry would be the german practice of putting potato masher grenades in boots.

[/font]

OBXMIKE

imported post

Carefularound them boots, there Dre...........you might end up with a single-action infection in your gun safe, compounded with border-stamped buscadero holsters with conchos. Not to mention that dreaded birds-head grip flu! :lol:

Speaking from experience, of course..........

Justins are great boots, as are the Ariats. I need a new pair myself. Last pair I bought I got at the outlets up in Smithfield (right off hwy 70 & I-95). Don't know if they're still in business, but they sure had a bunch of nice boots and hats last time I was there.