• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are you a police officer

LEO 229

imported post

expvideo wrote:
If this is true, thank you. I wish some of the cops out here could take a lesson from you, because it's become pretty clear that the majority of them are not interested in helping people. We need more police officers that feel the way you do about helping people. I'm not saying that none of them have the right attitude; I'm saying that there are enough (however few) that don't. Thank you for setting a good example. I hope more people will follow it.

Let me put this out there.....

Just like this board.... There are always a few odd balls.

The majority of the memberson this forum liketo chat about guns and are good people. There will always be a few trolls that want to overthrow the government and be problematic here.

The same can be said for any LE agency. The majority are there for good and there will be a few that like to push people around.

I know a great many "good cops" and not because I side with the men and women in blue. I have also seen a few cops with attitudes.

The cops that hang out with me adopt my views and treat others well. I do admonish them when they do something out of line.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

I think I've been asked this question probably 20-30 times. I always reply "No, why do you ask?" The usual answer is "you have a gun", and then I have a good opportunity to explain why I carry and also I am able to explain OC. It works for me...

UTOC-45-44

imported post

expvideo wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
nauss wrote:
Lets all just break down and be one of the "gods amongst men"

I really want to make $29,000 a year and deal with scum all the time.

To give reverence to a cop is disgusting. I don't want them nor have

I EVER called them. I carry and that is ALL the help I need.
Please allow me to take this time to thank you for your kind words. :(

I like being able to help others and answer questions to permit them to be safe and use the law to their advantage. It is fortunate that I do not really deal with just the scum of society. I talk to everyday citizens and victims of crime too.

I protect and defend those that are not capable of doing it themselves due to age, handicap, mental deficiency, or injury.

I arrest the scum that break into homes and cars,rape, rob, assault, andkill others.

It is good to know that good people like you are out there that do not want us and do not call us. This gives me more time to help those truly in need.

I hope that you will have the resources and expertise to conduct your own investigations if you and your family areever avictim of any crime. Your gun can only do just so much.
If this is true, thank you. I wish some of the cops out here could take a lesson from you, because it's become pretty clear that the majority of them are not interested in helping people. We need more police officers that feel the way you do about helping people. I'm not saying that none of them have the right attitude; I'm saying that there are enough (however few) that don't. Thank you for setting a good example. I hope more people will follow it.

Well..., LEO's are only an Auxiliary General Deterrent...,

http://www.firearmsandliberty.com/kasler-protection.html

"It is, therefore, a fact of law and of practical necessity that individuals are responsible for their own personal safety, and that of their loved ones. Police protection must be recognized for what it is: only an auxiliary general deterrent. "

...,and serve the Public in General and are under NOCONSTITUTIONAL OBLIGATION/DUTY to serve you as an individual Per the Supreme Court, and therefore does not feel OBLIGATED to be NICE.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1432132/posts

[size=+1]Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone[/size]
]http://www.nytimes.com/auth/login?URI=http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/28scotus.html&OP=4b5cde51Q2F)(K_)Q7EQ3DTl7Q3DQ3Dq3)3gg1)gF)3Q27)PQ3DQ26Q5EqQ5ETl)3Q27lTQ3DqQ3Blm9qYQ26]New York Times ^[/url] | June 28, 2005 | Linda Greenhouse

Posted on 06/28/2005 1:46:17 AM PDT by Nathan Zachary

WASHINGTON, June 27 - The Supreme Court ruled on Monday, overturning a ruling by a federal appeals court in Colorado... police d not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm...The appeals court had permitted a lawsuit to proceed against a Colorado town, Castle Rock, for the failure of the police to respond to a woman's pleas for help after her estranged husband violated a protective order by kidnapping their three young daughters, whom he eventually killed....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.frfrogspad.com/fantasy.htm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.users.fast.net/~behanna/kasler.html

"Warren v. District of Columbia is one of the leading cases of this type. Two women were upstairs in a townhouse when they heard their roommate, a third woman, being attacked downstairs by intruders. They phoned the police several times and were assured that officers were on the way. After about 30 minutes, when their roommate’s screams had stopped, they assumed the police had finally arrived. When the two women went downstairs they saw that in fact the police never came, but the intruders were still there. As the Warren court graphically states in the opinion: “For the next fourteen hours the women were held captive, raped, robbed, beaten, forced to commit sexual acts upon each other, and made to submit to the sexual demands of their attackers.”

The three women sued the District of Columbia for failing to protect them, but D.C.’s highest court exonerated the District and its police, saying that it is a “fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen.”[4] There are many similar cases with results to the same effect.[5] "

"The seminal case establishing the general rule that police have no duty under federal law to protect citizens is DeShaney v. Winnebago County Department of Social Services[6]"

Per ALL these and MANY, MANY articles agrees with that LEO's does NOT have to play nice and ALL your $$$ goes to Expensive Donuts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=194128&Disp=6&Trace=on

"Title: CALIFORNIA DREAMING:ÂPolice have no obligation to protect any individual from harm
Source: http://www.outlawslegal.com/
URL Source: [url]http://www.outlawslegal.com/G00/G07.htm[/url]
Published: Jul 16, 2007
Author: OUTLAWS LEGAL
Post Date: 2007-07-16 16:20:16 by Freedom_Rider
Ping List: *California*
8 Comments

CALIFORNIA DREAMING Police have no obligation to protect any individual from harm
"Do you believe that law enforcement officers have a duty to protect you from harm?" Ask yourself that question, and, your answer is . . . . ?
That is a question I have frequently asked. The overwhelming majority of answers have been affirmative; ranging from "Yes." to "That's what they are paid to do!" The next logical question is "How can we be certain we know the correct answer?"
The correct answer is found in appellate court decisions. The following summaries of a few appellate court decisions will provide some insight into this area of the law. These example cases are from California - but understand that the police are not responsible for your individual safety in any state. "

"

Its hard to believe - but there are numerous court cases, all of which show that " the Police have no obligation to protect any individual person from harm "
Here are some examples:
DeShaney v. Winnebago County Social Services (1989) 489 US 189
Bower v. DeVito (1982) 686 F.2d 616
Calgorides v. Mobile (1985) 475 So.2d 560
Warren v. District of Columbia (1983) 444 A.2d 1
Morgan v. District of Columbia (1983) 469 A.2d 1306
Sapp v. Tallahassee (1977) 348 So.2d 363, cert.denied 354 So.2d 985
Keane v. Chicago (1968) 98 Ill.App.2d 460, 240 N.E.2d 321
Jamison v. Chicago (1977) 48 Ill.3d 567
Simpson's Food Fair v. Evansville 272 N.E. 2d 871
Silver v. Minneapolis (1969)) 170 N.W.2d 206
Wuetrich v. Delia (1978) 155 N.J.Super. 324, 382 A.2d 929
Chapman v. Philadelphia (1981) 290 Pa.Super. 324, 382 A.2d 753
Morris v. Musser, (1984) 84 Pa.Cmwth. 170, 478 A.2d 937
Weiner v. Metropolitan Authority, and Shernov v. New York Transit Authority (1982) 55 N.Y.2d 175, 948 N.Y.S. 141
Who does have a duty to protect a person from harm? Parents have a duty to protect their children, but other than that, the short answer is no one has that duty.
The ultimate responsibility for your protection is self protection, and you should take care to undertake that responsibility if you value your life and that of your loved ones. "

expvideo

imported post

Yes, UTOC-45-44, that is why I carry a gun.

LEO 229 wrote:
expvideo wrote:

Let me put this out there.....

Just like this board.... There are always a few odd balls.

The majority of the memberson this forum liketo chat about guns and are good people. There will always be a few trolls that want to overthrow the government and be problematic here.

The same can be said for any LE agency. The majority are there for good and there will be a few that like to push people around.

I know a great many "good cops" and not because I side with the men and women in blue. I have also seen a few cops with attitudes.

The cops that hang out with me adopt my views and treat others well. I do admonish them when they do something out of line.
Thank you for doing what you do.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

That's what we are in a way trying to "tell" people by our OC dinners.

It's working cuz we are meeting people EVERYDAY that has no clue of their Individual Rights and lack of "Police Protection". After I tell a few things they are heading down the store to Protect themselves.

"Protect and Serve":uhoh::quirky

LEO 229

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
That's what we are in a way trying to "tell" people by our OC dinners.

It's working cuz we are meeting people EVERYDAY that has no clue of their Individual Rights and lack of "Police Protection". After I tell a few things they are heading down the store to Protect themselves.

"Protect and Serve":uhoh::quirky
That is my job!!! :lol:

UTOC-45-44

imported post

"Protect and Serve" what ??? The expensive Donuts:shock:

You are to "Protect and Serve" the Public in General but not me as an Individual.

So if I'm on the side of the Road being beaten to "Death"you can in "theory" just drive by and enjoy your tax payer Donut and NOT have to Protect me meanwhile saying "Have A NICE day"..

And People wonder what we Carry ???:shock::shock::shock::what::what::what:The Individual Protection is up to ME and to Protect My Family is up to ME as well.

expvideo

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:

You are to "Protect and Serve" the Public in General but not me as an Individual.

So if I'm on the side of the Road being beaten to "Death"you can in "theory" just drive by and enjoy your tax payer Donut and NOT have to Protect me meanwhile saying "Have A NICE day"..

And People wonder what we Carry ???:shock::shock::shock::what::what::what:The Individual Protection is up to ME and to Protect My Family is up to ME as well.

I believe that what LEO229 was saying was that "telling people that the police have no responsibility to protect the individual" is his job. It was said in a humorous tone. I think you missed his point.

BTW, what's the big deal? If your beaten to death inditch, what kind of help is LEO229 going to be giving you anyway :D

Besides, I'd rather be responsible for my own safety than have the police take responsibility for it. That's why I carry a gun. Not because I don't have faith in the police to protect me, but because I'd rather the police DIDN'T protect me. I would preffer that the police protect my community by arresting criminals than respond to all of my problems.

The police have no responsibility to protect individuals, and I agree with that statement. Individuals have the responsibility to protect themselves, and if they choose to act like sheep and not take up that responsibility, that is their own problem. The police are there to protect and serve the community, not you individually. That's the deffinition of a bodyguard.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

expvideo wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:

I believe that what LEO229 was saying was that "telling people that the police have no responsibility to protect the individual" is his job. It was said in a humorous tone. I think you missed his point.

BTW, what's the big deal? If your beaten to death inditch, what kind of help is LEO229 going to be giving you anyway :D

Besides, I'd rather be responsible for my own safety than have the police take responsibility for it. That's why I carry a gun. Not because I don't have faith in the police to protect me, but because I'd rather the police DIDN'T protect me. I would preffer that the police protect my community by arresting criminals than respond to all of my problems.

The police have no responsibility to protect individuals, and I agree with that statement. Individuals have the responsibility to protect themselves, and if they choose to act like sheep and not take up that responsibility, that is their own problem. The police are there to protect and serve the community, not you individually. That's the deffinition of a bodyguard.

"I believe that what LEO229 was saying was that "telling people that the police have no responsibility to protect the individual" is his job. It was said in a humorous tone. I think you missed his point."

expvideo, I stand corrected and I took it the wrong way. I did miss the Humorous tone in it but can see it now. Sorry LEO229.

"That is my job!!! :lol:"

Now when I see it in the Right Light...It's Funny

LEO 229

imported post

What in the hell good are these emoticons??? :? (Confused)

I put a laughing one there but it seems they get overlooked. :cry: (Sad)

I said "That is my job!!!" :lol: (Laughing)

It would seem that it should have been taken as a joke.

Maybe I should have added something about.. "Stop telling people that.. I need job security" But that would probably have been taken the wrong way too. :lol:(Laughing)

Obviously... the police cannot be everywhere. I encourage others to carry so they can protect their own lives. I know how dangerous it is out there.

The police cannot be everywhere. Never a cop around whenyou need one. Bet youcan find one near a donut shop :lol: (Laughing)

In case you misunderstood.. I was really joking about cops and donut shops. :p (Tongue) Making fun of what I said.

Toad

Founder's Club Member
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
... Bet youcan find one near a donut shop :lol: (Laughing)

In case you misunderstood.. I was really joking about cops and donut shops. :p (Tongue) Making fun of what I said.
I hope so because there isn't a donut shop within 50 miles of here!!!! :shock:

LEO 229

imported post

Toad wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
... Bet youcan find one near a donut shop :lol: (Laughing)

I hope so because there isn't a donut shop within 50 miles of here!!!! :shock:
I hope you have a gun!! :lol:

It is going to the the police about 47 minutes to get to you. That is a long ride.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

And once they get there they will be so high on sugar THEY won't be able to use the Guns anyways:shock:...:pSo you better have one either way:lol:

LEO 229

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
And once they get there they will be so high on sugar THEY won't be able to use the Guns anyways:shock:...:pSo you better have one either way:lol:
Do you have any idea how hard it is to hold a gun with sugar glaze all over your fingers?

And the sprinkles.. forget about it!! And we know cops only shoot once a year anyway so they cannot be that good. ;)

UTOC-45-44

imported post

They will Probably let you hold the gun once at the scene so that they can lick the glaze and the sprinkles of the fingers:lol:.

LEO 229

imported post

Damn... Now I need a donut! :lol:

I mentioned a while ago that I was in civilian clothing and OCing in a store On Duty.

The young clerk walked up and asked "You're not going to rob me are you?"

He was serious!!

I turned and he saw my badge as I told him I was a cop.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

I mentioned a while ago that I was in civilian clothing and OCing in a store On Duty.

He was serious!!

On duty?

Were you protecting or investigating?

LEO 229

imported post

HankT wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

He was serious!!

On duty?

Neither... was doing a dirty job and climbing on the floor. Not police related.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
HankT wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

He was serious!!

On duty?

Neither... was doing a dirty job and climbing on the floor. Not police related.

You must have been at the Mustang Ranch:celebrate...Nevada is OUTSIDE of your jurisdiction:lol:. I've heard of those "On duty - not Police related" jobs before:celebrate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustang_Ranch

WhiteFeather

imported post

I protect and defend
Just on a quick note. Leo 229 I myself am working torwards getting my Act-120 to become an active LEO. But I find it a flaw in wording and concept that the police feel they have any role in "protect(ing)". Were as I believe that the "serve(ing)" is spot on I do not feel they play any role in the first. With that being said I whole heartedly appriciate all the police do in my area and make it a point to be polite and friendly. Still I wish that would be corrected in society because I feel it is missleading and hindering to this nation as a whole.

Back on topic I find a little politeness goes a long way. When someone asks the "question." I respond with a no. Followed by I am protecting myself, my rights and the rights of those abroad. I keep information on me to hand out if someone seems interested and just try my best to educate the populace.