• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Biden SENATE AW Ban Proposed

spy1

imported post

http://www.allamericanpatriots.com/...prehensive_anti_crime_legislation_over_decade

Read the whole thing at that link, but here's the kicker:

" * Stop Senseless Gun Violence: Renewing the Assault Weapons Ban and Closing the Gun Show Loophole. The Biden Crime Bill provides for a straight-forward reauthorization of the assault weapons ban that became law in 1994 and it closes the so-called gun show loophole by requiring all gun show sales submit to federal background checks, just like any store-based firearm sale. "

imperialism2024

imported post

And once again, how many people have "assault weapons" killed? Anyone? Anyone?

Or do they mean "assault rifles", the automatic weapons that are strictly controlled but easily found and bought on the black market? Either way, it's an extremely low number... Maybe they should start first by banning 5-gallon buckets due to the child drowning hazard.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
"But those big bad guns look just SO, so, so scary!" (Must be read with a ditsy California valley girl expression and accent; aka; the Paris Hiltonaccent)

IdahoCorsair

State Researcher
imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:

Or do they mean "assault rifles", the automatic weapons that are strictly controlled but easily found and bought on the black market? Either way, it's an extremely low number... Maybe they should start first by banning 5-gallon buckets due to the child drowning hazard.
The publicity problem is, that in Miami alone, assault weapons use is on the rise... I don't remember the exact numbers, but it's like 50 - 60 murders were by assault weapon this year alone in Miami...

of course they were ILLEGALLY OBTAINTED/MODIFIED weapons... usually used by felons. Gee. Surprise. :banghead:
So, let's see here, illegally obtained, illegally modified, and felon illegally in possession of a firearm... and one more law is supposed to stop them? :?:cuss:

imperialism2024

imported post

IdahoCorsair wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:

The publicity problem is, that in Miami alone, assault weapons use is on the rise... I don't remember the exact numbers, but it's like 50 - 60 murders were by assault weapon this year alone in Miami...
I was under the impression that it was an increase in the use of assault rifles, i.e. the automatic weapons that are already unconstitutionally prohibited for purchase by most of the population.

spy1

imported post

Biden's bill has been up on Thomas for quite awhile now - it's S. 2237 Crime Control and Prevention Act of 2007 (Introduced in Senate) - and the two problematic provisions are Sec. 6202 (RESTRICTION ON MANUFACTURE, TRANSFER, AND POSSESSION OF CERTAIN SEMIAUTOMATIC ASSAULT WEAPONS) and 6203 (BAN OF LARGE CAPACITY AMMUNITION FEEDING DEVICES [anything bigger than a 10-round magazine]).

I haven't had time to go through the rest of it, but just those two sections are enough to make you FAX your Senators and ask them - at the very least - to vote this thing down should it ever get out of committee. Pete