• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What are you going as for halloween?

xmirage2kx

imported post

I am going as a Mall Ninja with one of the "Hello my name is" stickers on stating my name is Gecko45. (if you don't get it google gecko45). it took some work to gather the right gear (as I dont own much of it myself) but I finally got enough. I will try to post pictures once I finally assemble it all.

My son (8weeks old) is going as a cowboy OC-ing a mini cap-gun

Haven't convinced my wife to take the same route yet (going as a vampiress).

My wife shot down my first Idea (taken from the tv show family guy) as going as donald duck (sailor shirt and hat with no pants:what:)

What are you going as?

imperialism2024

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
In light of the other thread about sheeple, I think it would be fun to be a sheeple. Creating such a costume would require some creativity.
But... but... that might offend people! How dare you think that people who are scared of guns and want to disarm others are in any way inferior to people who choose to defend themselves, their loved ones, and their property?!?!?!

Anyhow, as I'm never one to care about offending people:

iPod and noise-cancelling earbuds? Check.
Sandals? Check.
Shaggy hair? Check.
Starbucks "coffee" in hand? Check.
Blackberry in other hand? Check.
Kevlar backpack (to protect from bullets while running away from a mass murderer)? Check.
New York Times under arm? Check.
"Melt down guns to make puppy kisses" t-shirt? Check.
Inhaler in a hip holster for the event that one sees a gun? Check.
"I'm a Gun-Free Zone" badge on belt? Check.
Stick up one's ass? Oompf, check...

:lol:

captainamerica

imported post

I'm going to be a couch potato sitting in front of the TV watching an action flick or a western while ignoring the door bell.

My wife says I've already got the costume and persona down pat.

TrueBrit

imported post

As usual,I don white breeches and top-boots, hunting spurs, black waiscoat, long black caped duster coat, white hunting tie and tricorn hat! A wall hanger flintlock horse pistol stuffed in my belt completes the ensemble!Indifferent CC!

Voila! The British are coming!

Always gets a laugh, and I have won a couple of prizes at parties with this get-up.

TrueBrit.

Tomahawk

imported post

TrueBrit wrote:
As usual,I don white breeches and top-boots, hunting spurs, black waiscoat, long black caped duster coat, white hunting tie and tricorn hat! A wall hanger flintlock horse pistol stuffed in my belt completes the ensemble!Indifferent CC!

Always gets a laugh, and I have won a couple of prizes at parties with this get-up.

TrueBrit.
That's interesting. I guess Halloween is a good time to OC a flintlock and not get any wierd looks.

TrueBrit

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
TrueBrit wrote:

TrueBrit.
That's interesting. I guess Halloween is a good time to OC a flintlock and not get any wierd looks.

Sure thing. I have thus far resisted the temptation to knap an edge onto the flint, stuff a charge down the spout and prime the pan.....;)

TrueBrit.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Some years ago when my son was a youngster, he came home and told me that some of the older kids were taking candy away from the little ones. I dressed out in BDUs and put on a shoulder rig with a S & W model 66 and my gf did the same. One of the mothers on our block thought we looked so "cute" but eventually figured out that our props were real - shock! Most parents were glad to have us walk with them though. PS - my son never had to give up any candy and I never so much as had a cross word with anybody.

May not have been the best thing to do - but it was fun and we were in costume.

Yata hey

Stealth Potato

imported post

I put on my stormtrooper armor for Halloween this year. Of course, I didn't really have time to do anything special besides attend classes, but on the plus side, it meant I was OCing an E-11 blaster on the UW campus. :p

Let me tell you, though, it is pretty darned uncomfortable to sit down in lectures while wearing armor...

tarzan1888

imported post

I had on my Brown Fedora;

My brown leather Jacket;

A leather Pouch over my right shoulder;

A 10 foot leather bull whip on my left hip;

A.45 on my right hip;

And my field clothes to complete the image.

The little goblins that came to my house met about as real an Indiana Jones, as you can get.

Tarzan

Attachments

• Tarzan as Indiana Jones.jpg
    Tarzan as Indiana Jones.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 161

expvideo

imported post

You mean like this? (me last year, stopping by the store after taking my little brother trick or treating).

IMG00082.jpg

And then we have my SWAT costume from Halloween 2005, when I was working at a night club. I left the guns in the car until after the club let out.
costume2005.jpg

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

TrueBrit,

I don't believe the New England colonists of Massachussettswere shouting,"The British are coming!" After all, THEY were also British at the time.

;)

They probably said, "The Redcoats are coming!" Or something lesscomplimentary suchas, "The Lobsterbacks are coming!"

As for muskets, Isure would like tohave a Brown Bess (1742 model, French & Indian War), Brown Bess (1756 model, American Revolutionary War), a 1763 Charleville (also Revolutionary War) and a French 1801 (Napoleonic Wars)...unfortunately, at about $1200 per gun, they're a bit too pricey for me.

Well, that's only about $5,000 or so...at least any Halloween costumes would be pretty authentic with these "props," wouldn't they! Oops, I forgot: The bayonets are extra and ALSO are pretty pricey...and I don't evenwant to think about quality uniforms and accouterments, too.

I can't believe such a mechanically SIMPLE gun is so damn expensive (a grand or more)....even the $500-bracket ones look rather poorly made...how hard can it be to make (mass-produce) a quality but very simple lock/stock and barrel?

But seriously, if times were such and a flintlock were all you had, you could keep it fed and firing as long as you had powder (which you can make yourself if necessary), lead (you can cast your own balls and buckshot) and flints (and flints you could find, unlike percussions caps). Besides, just about ANY gun will get you another one (should you need to "trade up" in times of crisis, if you will, such as trading up from a musket to the latest military "assault rifle")...so even a musket will do that for you.

Well, I should at least start with getting ONE of them.

-- John D.

expvideo

imported post

This year... Reno 911's Deputy Junior (Leutenant Dangle was too popular of a costume and I wanted to be unique)

halloween_and_puppy_005.jpg

Don't worry, I just took my 6 year old brother trick or treating, and none of the cops out here look like that. EDIT: oh yeah, I wore it to the office too (-gun) and everyone thought it was funny.

Tomahawk

imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
Tomahawk,

"That's interesting. I guess Halloween is a good time to OC a flintlock and not get any wierd looks."

If you went about looking like an angry and armed Magua, you sure would...

:shock:

- John D.
That's a good idea for next year, a Magua costume. It'll give me an excuse to buy a flintlock, too. The ambush scene in the movie in which Wes Studi and his Hurons are stalking Munroe's redcoats he has really cool black warpaint covering half his face, and some sort of musket. Perhaps that is a trade musket, likethe typethey used to sell to the Indians?

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

The g/f and I took her kid out for trick or treating, and while I WAS going to wear a suit with my sidearm, handcuffs, and my FBI (Female Booby Inspector) badge, I got lazy and just put on jeans and a hoodie lol. Still had the SW99 on my hip, though. A father walk with his kids asked me about it at one point while we were waiting at the end of the driveway. He asked if it was a glock, I said no it was a Smith. We talked about his uncle's M&P for a few until the kids got back. :)Good convo.

The kid (7 yr old boy) ended up being a dark night this year. He had a sword and shield and candy bucket, but only two hands lol. He was begging me to make him a sheath, when I realized that my IWB holster for my walther would work perfectly...and it did :D. I was proud of myself.

Attachments

• costumeholster.JPG
    costumeholster.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 144