• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oswego County permit applicant

jerbear1973

imported post

Hi guys. I'm in the process of filling out my application and was wondering if anyone here was from Oswego County and had their permit already. If so, when did you get it, and do you have any restrictions or is it full concealed carry? Just trying to see how hard it may be to obtain the CC or if I should just attempt a hunting/shooting permit. Thanks. Jeremy

DT4E31

imported post

The easiest way to get a ccw permit which would be honored in 30+ states would be to apply via mail for a Florida non resident ccw permit. Takes anywhere from 3-5 weeks after you send in the application/prints/photo to receive the permit. Go to the Florida gov site and request an application on the internet.

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DT4E31 wrote:
The easiest way to get a ccw permit which would be honored in 30+ states would be to apply via mail for a Florida non resident ccw permit. Takes anywhere from 3-5 weeks after you send in the application/prints/photo to receive the permit. Go to the Florida gov site and request an application on the internet.

If the OP lives in NYS, getting a NR FL permit does zippo for him. He can't even purchase a handgun, or possess one without a NY permit.

Overtaxed

imported post

Needing a permit just to own a handgun is one of the most odious things about my home state (NY).
A close second is that NYC is a fiefdom unto itself... after going through a lot of BS to get an ownership/carry permit in NY State, every borough of NYC is off limits to the rest of NY State for carry purposes, but the reverse is OK - someone with an NYC permit can carry anywhere in NY State that isn't expressly prohibited.
There are no "emergency" provisions for people under threat to get a permit.
Heck, even Ohio apparently has some sort of provision for giving a CC permit to someone who can document that their life is in imminent danger.

Smurfologist

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA
imported post

Overtaxed wrote:
Needing a permit just to own a handgun is one of the most odious things about my home state (NY).
A close second is that NYC is a fiefdom unto itself... after going through a lot of BS to get an ownership/carry permit in NY State, every borough of NYC is off limits to the rest of NY State for carry purposes, but the reverse is OK - someone with an NYC permit can carry anywhere in NY State that isn't expressly prohibited.
There are no "emergency" provisions for people under threat to get a permit.
Heck, even Ohio apparently has some sort of provision for giving a CC permit to someone who can document that their life is in imminent danger.

Overtaxed, are you sure about the provisions for OH? OH has reciprocity with VA and I know that isn't the case with VA CCWPs (just curious).

2nd Amendment.........Use it..........Or, lose it!!:X

Overtaxed

imported post

Overtaxed, are you sure about the provisions for OH? OH has reciprocity with VA and I know that isn't the case with VA CCWPs (just curious).

2nd Amendment.........Use it..........Or, lose it!!:X

I believe I got that info from OFCC, and packing.org.

chrisAHF

imported post

I am curious to hear fome replies also. I am from Cayuga county just below you. Im not older enough just yet to apply but i would like to know how smooth the process was and if anyone has been denied and why.

dh21187

imported post

It took me 3-4 months to get my pistol permit back in 1989. I had it upgraded to a full-carry in 1990 when I became a police officer. The idea of a "possess on premise only permit" bothered me, which is what I got first, and I couldn't find any corrosponding legal authority to justify it. If I remember correctly, NYS PL 400.00 only mentions full concealed carry and nothing else. If I get the chance one day, I would like to research how the restrictions on them came into being and if they are lawful.

buketdude

imported post

[sup][sub]Its like CT law....you NEED a permit to buy a handgun or carry one in public....but you can have a handgun in your home or buisness without a permit.....the problem is..how do you get one for your home if you can't buy one without a permit..unless of course...someone lets you have one....
[/sub][/sup]