• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

November Meet and Greet Final Details!!!

Tacomatose

imported post

AT LAST!!! WE ARE READY FOR OUR NEXT GET TOGETHER!!! LETS MAKE THIS ONE EVEN BETTER THAN THE LAST!!!

Here are the final details of the meet.

When: November 17th (Saturday) at 2:00pm.

Where: Golden Corral Restaurant, 1624 NORTH HERITAGE PARK BLVD, Layton UT

Directions: From the South, take I-15 North, take Exit 332 (antelope drive), turn right onto antelope drive then turn right at the first stop light (by famous daves), follow the road and you will see Golden Corral on your left (if you get to the stop sign you have gone too far...look to the left and you will see it.)

Directions: From the North, Take I-15 South, Take Exit 332 (antelope drive), turn left onto antelope drive then turn right at thesecond stop light (by famous daves), follow the road and you will see Golden Corral on your left (if you get to the stop sign you have gone too far...look to the left and you will see it.)

If you have any questions, please post or PM me and I will get back to you ASAP.

I have created another POLL (I know you guys are probably sick of the by now) on UCC to see how many people I need to have the reservation for. Here is the link: http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5273#5273Please take the time to vote if you are planning on attendind so I can update the reservation accordingly.

See you there! B

Tacomatose

imported post

I am really pumped about this one, I can't wait to see how many people we end up with. I was reallyamazed at how accepting the manager was. When I called to make sure they would allow us to host it there, I was explaining that many of us would be carrying, he said "oh no, we don't have any issues with that, don't worry about it on bit." Great guy to work with. There should be quite a few people from this local area that will be attending, plus everyone that is traveling in. I made the reservation for 30 people, but it is looking like I will need to revise it:celebrate

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Tacomatose, are we going to plan on going to the range afterwards? Also was the press being notified of this event? Just curious.

Tacomatose

imported post

I am heading to range right nowand I willsee what time they close if they would be willing to hold a few lanes for us. The only reason that I didn't post info on going to the range afterward is because the range is about 15min north from where we are eating, and I wasn't sure if anyone would want to make the drive to go shooting. What do you guys think? I will also be notifying a few of the media outlets up here, if you want to contact the ones that you did last time that would be great. Elizabeth from the Deseret News is already aware of this event, but it might not hurt to reminder her. Anything else you can think of, let me know. Thanks, B

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Tacomatose wrote:
I will also be notifying a few of the media outlets up here, if you want to contact the ones that you did last time that would be great.

which ones up there so we don't contact the same ones?

Tacomatose

imported post

I will notify the Ogden Standard Examiner (Shelbi's uncle is the sports writer), and I have already emailed the Deseret News. That is all that I have done so far, so don't worry about doubling up, it might actually be beneficial if they get a few phone calls. Just let me know which one you talk to, and I will do the same. B

UTOC-45-44

imported post

I'm coming. (My wife is workin:()

I will probably be totin' my 44 Mag Ruger Vaquero this time around.

In the Triple K Deluxe Rooster Cogburn Two-Tone Holster and Belt.

[align=right]
792%20COGBURN%20DEL%2EJPG
[/align]

[align=right]
ROOSTEr%20deluze%20belt%7E4%20copy%2EJPG
[/align]

[align=left][/align](I'll just throw my 44 Mag Henry Rifle over the shoulder, Brian:celebrate. Just Kiddin')

http://www.henryrepeating.com/h006_bigboy.cfm

bigboy44mag.jpg

UTOC-45-44

imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
i JUST thought about this... carrying a rifle = brandishing :/and i MIGHT be able to make it, guys! :D
Carrying a Rifle/Shotgun over the shoulder is NOT brandishing. I would not recommend to hold it in your hands:shock:. But that's your choice:lol:

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
carrying a rifle = brandishing
There is no such word in the Utah Code.
This is the closest thing you will find...

[font="<!--"] 76-10-506. Threatening with or using dangerous weapon in fight or quarrel.
Every person, except those persons described in Section 76-10-503, who, not in necessary self defense in the presence of two or more persons, draws or exhibits any dangerous weapon in an angry and threatening manner or unlawfully uses the same in any fight or quarrel is guilty of a class A misdemeanor. [/font]

b1ack5mith

imported post

looks like ill get to make it to the meet, guys! :D i get the next 3 days (atleast) completely off ;) dont gotta go to the plant either! :)