• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Which Parks?

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

State parks are CC only.
National Parks no carry at all.
All other local parks are preempted.

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Has the federal ban ever been tested?

I mean seriously, that is pretty absurd. I mean many of the antis will say that the second amendment doesn't apply to the states because of some legalistic mumbo-jumbo about "incorporation" that I won't go into.

But national parks are FEDERAL - so what is the excuse for not "incorporating" the 2nd amendment guarantees there?

thnycav

imported post

With the NPS I have a problem carrying a saber doing my cavalry reenacting. We did work out something with Petersburg battlefield, but at Yorktown we have to turn over all gun powder to the Park service even if we are invited to do a living history. We can not do a battle there.

Slowhand

imported post

thnycav wrote:
With the NPS I have a problem carrying a saber doing my cavalry reenacting. We did work out something with Petersburg battlefield, but at Yorktown we have to turn over all gun powder to the Park service even if we are invited to do a living history. We can not do a battle there.
Wow! I remember about 25 years ago I was invited by a high school friend of mine that was in a confederate re-enactor group to go re-enact the battle of Gettysburg. There were no restrictions then that I knew of. I wasn't apart of the group but they dressed me up and let me participate. Although I didn't carry a weapon, I had a bugle so they put me in the rear with the colors. It was a fun event.

thnycav

imported post

The reenactmnet at Gettysburg is not done on park land. They may have also changed the regs as well from then to now.

Slowhand

imported post

thnycav wrote:
The reenactmnet at Gettysburg is not done on park land. They may have also changed the regs as well from then to now.
[Edited because I accidentally hit send] You are probably right. We were near Gettysburg but I didn't see any monuments near by. The only thing I remember about the gun safety rules is that the "shooters" had to elevate their weapons to shoot over their adversaries.

thnycav

imported post

That is ok. The thing that gets me is they want reenactors becouse we do draw a crowed but put so many restrictions on us. With good unitsThe state parks are not as bad. Just do not get me going on the horse restrictions though.

Toad

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The rulers have seen fit to severely regulate the reenactments as a way to assure the full truth of history is not known by the subjects. If they can keep the reasons and methods out of view the people will never be able to learn from the past and therefore the police state continue to grow and prosper.

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Toad wrote:
If they can keep the reasons and methods out of view the people will never be able to learn from the past and therefore the police state continue to grow and prosper.
It will also help the police state when English is no longer no longer taught in schools, then the people will have to read "more convenient translations" of our founding documents that conveniently leave out our freedoms.

Toad

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Funny you would mention that Skeptic, I have a colleague that grew up not in the states but in a US territory and they were actually surprised to learn what their rights actually are. Most of what they were taught concerning their rights was briefed over almost to the point that is was merely a novelty (this person’s explanation of it now). So it has already started...the test bed has been made.
oh yea to keep it on topic: town parks are required by preemption to be OC friendly