Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ten manliest firearms

Post imported post

http://arthurshall.com/x_2007_manly_firearms.shtml

Feel free to make your own list or modify this one. I agree with it completely.

Post imported post

List? What list? That looks like a blind link I'm not sure I should click on here at work.

Post imported post

For those of us that are at work and might attract a little more attention that we might want if we're looking at big pictures of guns... Can someone write out the list?

Thanks in advance.

Post imported post

10. SMLE
    9. Mosin-Nagant M44
    8. GLOCK (All of them, apparently)
    7. Swiss K31 Carbine
    6. AK47
    5. Smith & Wesson Model 29
    4. AR15
    3. Remington 870
    2. Colt Model 1911A1 .45 ACP
    1. Barrett M82 .50 caliber rifle

Good list. Not seeing any AR pistols on there. They're definately manly.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Well I've owned or fired 8 out 10 on the list.

I think the M1/ M14 and FAL should be on that list. How can a gun known as the 'poodle shooter' be on the list and no Single Action Army? Maybe also the Thompson SMG but it looks like he's picking weapons most people can actually own.

Post imported post

The manliest firearm is whatever happens to be in my possesion at that very moment. One day it could be a Glock, next day it could be a Bushmaster. Carry and own what makes you happy, fits your body/hands, and doesn't break the bank; don't make purchases based upon what others may prescribe as being "right" for you. This reminds me of middle school when you weren't "cool" unless you had the Nike Air Jordan's with the clear soles. The really cool kids had both the black and white set, but they still couldn't dunk no matter how much the shoes cost.

Post imported post

Particle wrote:
    10. SMLE
    9. Mosin-Nagant M44
    7. Swiss K31 Carbine
    6. AK47
    4. AR15
    3. Remington 870

I own #9 and #6 ... nice.

If I were to make my own list, I think I'd keep #4 off of it.

Here's my opinion, in order of Manliness:

10. AK-47
    9. Any Lever-action gun
    8. Ruger Mark I
    7. Remington 870
    6. Colt Single Action Army 45LC
    5. M44
    4. "Tommy" gun
    3. 1911
    2. M1 Garand
    1. FN FAL

the AK, because it's a real man's assault rifle. It's metal and wood, like a rifle should be, and it works every time. Similar to a 30-30 in performance.

the lever gun because... John Wayne.

The ruger's a .22, but I'm sure I'm not alone when I say "my father has one".

The 870 because it's a boom-stick

the SAA because it's the origional equalizer, and 45 long colt is the origional "manly" caliber.

the M44 because it has my favorite round, the 7.62x54r. It spits a 4 foot fireball when it fires. And it's a glorified spear that happens to fire bullets.

The thompson submachine gun because it reminds us of the heros of WWII and the fantasy world of Gangsters (fantasy for us young people). Besides, it fires 45ACP and uses a drum!

The 1911 is the manliest handgun ever produced. Period.

The M1 Garand should go without explaining.

The FN FAL is the ugliest thing I've ever seen, it's hugeand I never want one, but it sure is manly. Too much so for my taste, lol.

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    The manliest firearm is whatever happens to be in my possesion at that very moment. One day it could be a Glock, next day it could be a Bushmaster. Carry and own what makes you happy, fits your body/hands, and doesn't break the bank; don't make purchases based upon what others may prescribe as being "right" for you. This reminds me of middle school when you weren't "cool" unless you had the Nike Air Jordan's with the clear soles. The really cool kids had both the black and white set, but they still couldn't dunk no matter how much the shoes cost.
    Nah, it's just a humorous read. The phrase "9mm is just .45 set to stun, and real men don't believe in stun" just about made me make a scene in my office.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Eh. I don't get why so many people think glocks are the only good modern handguns. I think they're uncomfortable and ugly, personally...that, and I don't like the "glock action".

Anyway I like the story about Ronnie Barrett!

Post imported post

How about the Winchester 97 trench gun? Doing a trench raid with a short-barreled unchoked pump shotgun with a bayonet mounted is pretty damned manly - JMO.

-ljp

Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    Eh. I don't get why so many people think glocks are the only good modern handguns. I think they're uncomfortable and ugly, personally...that, and I don't like the "glock action".
    Read this: http://www.theprepared.com/index.php...id=90&Item

Pay special attention to the part where the author tried the same torture test on a HK USP .45 Compact.

From the article: "The GLOCK in question has not been cleaned in ten years, has been buried in dirt, saltwater, gravel, talc, dropped from a plane, dragged behind a car, tossed off a roof, driven over with a truck, and it still works."

Post imported post

Particle wrote:
    10. SMLE
    9. Mosin-Nagant M44
    7. Swiss K31 Carbine
    6. AK47
    4. AR15
    3. Remington 870

Glad to see they have a revo in there. I love my S&W M29's. And my other N-frames as well.

Hmmm, I don't see the Springfield XD up there. Oh my, I hope no un's feelings gets hurt...

Gotta agree with the Barrett .50 cal at #1. What a cool guy!

Post imported post

That had me rolling. Good read. But I agree about the lack of M1/M14. Patton himself, no wuss he, called the Garand the greatest battle implement ever devised, and somehow it's not on the list...

Post imported post

Get the plastic off the list. I don't care how "modern" it is tupperware is NOT MANLY!

No glock, no AR.

The rest is a nice start. A sharps in 45/70 might not hurt.

Post imported post

Plastic may not be manly. However, epoxy set carbon fiber is. It's 40% stronger than aluminum and as much lighter too.

Post imported post

Yup, it probably is. But its not manly.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

vinnie wrote:
    SNIP Get the plastic off the list. I don't care how "modern" it is tupperware is NOT MANLY!

A sharps in 45/70 might not hurt.
    Great response! Tupperware, indeed.

Too bad the list didn't include any doubled rifles like used for hunting dangerous big game in Africa. What were some of those? .600 Nitro Express? Now those were manly! For a manly activity!

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

I'd have to add the side-by-side 12-gauge (or 10-gauge) shotgun. Better yet if the barrel is shortened to several inches long and has a pistol grip, with more points if the pistol grip was fashioned by sawing off the stock. Best if open carried.

:celebrate

I'm also surprised that the Desert Eagle hasn't been mentioned... while its usefulness is debateable, it does look quite badass.

Post imported post

Yup. Manly doesn't necessarily mean practical. After all, somebody open carrying an M60 machine gun is manly. It is not very practical.

While the DEs are nice, I can't see myself spending a dollar per round.

Post imported post

I guess I am a girly man.

I do not own a single gun on the list and the only one I intend to own is an AR, have shot a few but BFD. I never realized my masculinity was determined by what manly guns I own.:shock:

How about an honorable mention to the .44AMP
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

WUS!!!

Post imported post

Sorry...but I HAD to say it.

Post imported post

Particle wrote:
    Yup. Manly doesn't necessarily mean practical. After all, somebody open carrying an M60 machine gun is manly. It is not very practical.

While the DEs are nice, I can't see myself spending a dollar per round.
    Ah, well my progressive reloading press just arrived in the mail today. So in other words, I'll be spending the coming weekend converting my pile of 800 or so .44 Magnum casings into rounds at considerably less than the $30 per box of 50 going rate around here. So, if all of a sudden I stop posting on here, chances are that I broke my wrist from a slightly too lively day at the range...

I think this thread has inspired me, though, to put the pistol grip back on my Mossberg 500. There goes the wrist again...

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    vinnie wrote:
    SNIP Get the plastic off the list. I don't care how "modern" it is tupperware is NOT MANLY!

A sharps in 45/70 might not hurt.
    Great response! Tupperware, indeed.

Too bad the list didn't include any doubled rifles like used for hunting dangerous big game in Africa. What were some of those? .600 Nitro Express? Now those were manly! For a manly activity!

NOW we are talking REAL guns, my man! Big ol' side by side Express rifles, fifteen pounds,realtiger slayers! Don't forget the howdah pistols that accompany them!

Single action .45s, lever action rifles, SMLEs, Webley Bulldogs, London shotguns, 1911s, what more could my wicked little black heart desire? Well, maybe a nice German drei-ling, or drilling, S/S 16 gauge over a .308, perhaps !

I just KNEW that Citizen had some taste and style about him, good job, Sir!

Post imported post

I am partial to my SKS with the modified 40 round clip, that awesome bayonet and the grenade launcher. There is a real cool adaptor that lets you shoot golf balls with the grenade launcher.No scope just buku accuracy with iron sights.

I also love my 100 year old Swedish Mauser. There is something very manly about the old rifle. Maybe the accuracy, maybe the look.

Of course my boomsticks (muzzleloaders) are the most manly.

Handguns are not manly, except maybe a 1911.

He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast