• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

X-Ring returns!

Myopicvisionary

imported post

I stopped in at X-Ring Supply today as the rumors had been flying fast and furious. According to the staff, they have a new business license and they are waiting for the new FFL holder to clear the ATF inspection. They are currently starting to restock the ammo shelves!

Attachments

• Pistol range.gif
    Pistol range.gif
    18 KB · Views: 1,271

hobobrent

imported post

As soon as they get their FFL I'll have my new XD!! Unless somebody wants to get rid of their 4" .45acp.....any takers? :lol:

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

FROM MY COLD, DEAD HANDS!

Heh, actually mine's the 4" service model, but still... Love my XD -- just had a set of Dawson Precision Fiber-Optic sights put on it and got it back today. Can't wait to test it!

KMcA6107

imported post

Any updates on these guys? I've bought pretty much everything I have through them...with the exception of my Glock 27.

I don't know the FULL story of WHY they lost their FFL, but I definately know the rumors that have gone around for YEARS about the old owner. And if you ever saw him in the store or Gun Shows (now we're going back..hahaha), if you couldn't tell the rumors were true...you lived in a box! HAHA

Speaking of Shows, I remember the one at the Nur Temple used to be good, but that's going back, well, maybe 6 to 7 years ago...any good ones floating around in Del? I hate to go the "shipping to an FFL" route. It's such a PIA IMHO

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

They're starting to get their stock back in. According to the news, the owner got busted for coke... damned shame -- they've got a full stock of accessories, and, according to Myopicvisionary, they're getting their guns back in shortly, too.

KMcA6107

imported post

That's good it's coming around soon! yeah, those were the rumors I was talking about. Always used to hear it, but I thought you had to be a moron to..well, nevermind. as Forest used to say "stupid is as stupid does".

Anywhoo, that's good though. I hope they get it going back again real soon. I bet getting an FFL, even under a different owner can be a PIA after that debacle.

Myopicvisionary

imported post

I stopped in yesterday and they said that the ATF inspection was scheduled for today. I saw that ammunition was back on the shelves in larger numbers.

Attachments

• 1911anim.gif
    1911anim.gif
    8 KB · Views: 1,171

KMcA6107

imported post

good to hear! I hope they have the same selection of firearms that they had. I'd hate to see them turn another way. Seemed to me, that they had really good connections previously, and I hope they're still there.

Myopicvisionary

imported post

Local gun shop looks to rebound
Arrest of owner left business's future in doubtBy ERIC RUTH, The News Journal
PostedThursday, November 29, 2007
bilde

The new co-owners of X-Ring Supply, Pam Rhoades (left) and Nancy Macknett (center), wait on customers Heather and Frank Cassidy as veteran store employee Dave Johnson looks on. They're currently selling accessories and ammunition
People inclined to sentiment could say that the story of X-Ring Supply is a tale of resurrection and resilience. Maybe it is. But it's also more than that. This shooters' supply store on the outskirts of Newark is busy getting back on its feet these days, trying to preserve some long-time jobs and fill a steady market demand, almost four months after its owner was arrested on drug charges, losing his entire inventory of firearms and ammunition -- and his freedom -- in the process.

In the days since then, two of former owner James Cheeseman's sisters have stepped in and bought the business, believing that X-Ring's potential is too valuable to simply let die. In the bargain, they've inherited a bit of a legal headache over the confiscated guns, along with a rare entrepreneurial opportunity to "start" a business that is already started. "We've got the husbands in here painting," said Pam Rhoades, co-owner with sister Nancy Macknett. "We definitely have the family support and family involvement."

The story of X-Ring's crisis and uncertain situation -- a topic that's still freshly painful for the folks involved -- began Aug. 5, when police say Cheeseman was caught with 10.5 grams of crack cocaine and charged with possession with intent to distribute.
Soon, agents from the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives were in Cheeseman's store, removing his stock of 700 guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition. A weapons seizure is fairly routine in cases involving suspected drug felons, but in this instance it raised some questions of fairness and property rights, especially when it was reported that ATF agents used a front-end loader to haul out some of the firearms. "I know the long guns were damaged," said Bob Henry Jr., X-Ring's manager. "They kind of just chucked them in one giant box."
"It's somewhat consistent with their attitude and their tactics in the past," said John J. Thompson, president of the Delaware State Sportsmen's Association. "From their point of view, the store's possession of those firearms after his arrest was illegal. ... Typically, they've been able to get away with this type of approach."

Ultimately, a man who remains innocent in the eyes of the law -- Cheeseman has yet to be tried -- was denied his right to own and sell firearms without due process, his attorney told a federal judge at Cheeseman's arraignment. Regardless, Cheeseman, who remains incarcerated, has sold all of his stake in the business and will no longer be involved in X-Ring, the sisters said.

The fate of the guns remains uncertain -- ATF representatives could not be reached for comment on the disposition of the weapons if Cheeseman is ultimately found not guilty. Through their attorney, the sisters have filed papers with the ATF that they hope will clear the way for the guns to be returned to X-Ring. "We really haven't been given a feel as to whether we'll get them back or not," Rhoades said. "We're certainly hoping, but my gut thought is it will probably wait until Jimmy's case is settled." In the meantime, they're forging ahead with the help of Henry and sales veteran Dave Johnson. "I think word's getting around that the store's open," Rhoades said. "It's great to see them come back," said longtime customer Bill Derry of Hockessin. "They're a good source, and I don't really go anywhere else."

For now, the shelves at X-Ring are bare of the many guns they once held, but sales of accessories and ammo -- along with the support of longtime customers -- are keeping the outlook upbeat. "Fortunately, it's running up on Christmas and hunting season," Henry said. "We get a lot of calls from manufacturers, 'You guys up and running yet?' " The sisters expect to obtain their federal license to buy and sell guns within weeks, and will tap the X-Ring's existing lines of supply to replenish inventory at the store. Over the years, X-Ring had carved a niche as a place to buy the military-style gear favored by "tactical" firearm enthusiasts -- including such equipment as semi-automatic assault rifles, laser sighting systems and high-capacity ammunition magazines.

In the meantime, the sisters have spruced up the place a bit, but promise that they'll not chip away too much macho from this mostly male world. "No flowers," Macknett said. "It's not girly-looking at all."

FOR MORE INFORMATION

X-Ring Supply LLC
2201 Ogletown Road, Newark; 737-6575
Contact Eric Ruth at 324-2428 or eruth@delawareonline.com.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

They've been open for a while now -- they should have their license back by now to be able to actually sell firearms... haven't stopped in recently, though.

hobobrent

imported post

Sorry, I knew they were open but I was hoping for an update on the sale of the good stuff!

off topic but fun: Bought a LE 18" barrel for my 870 today! Now I just need a mag extension and side saddle! Anybody have one they want to part with? eh eh?

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

Actually...

Went to Ommelanden today and one of the regulars told me he had stopped by last monday and they were still licenseless... things do move slow. :(

dave_in_delaware

imported post

Update:

I just called X-Ring. They're still waiting on the paperwork. It's gone to Atlanta, waiting for it to come back, then it goes to Baltimore, etc... eventually they hope to have their FFL soon. But it'll probably be a few more weeks until they can sell guns.

They DO sell pretty much everything else now though (accessories, scopes, some ammo, etc). So go visit them! They're a good bunch of people. I've gotten a few things from them before (fiancee's gun, SERPA holster, Pearce grip extensions, extra 10-rdmagazines, etc).

Myopicvisionary

imported post

I got this e-mail from X-Ring today:

We wanted to update you on some of the things that you can look forward to during our Grand Re-Opening on Saturday:

Our New Look: Come check out our new look – on the outside as well as the inside. On the inside you’ll see something you haven’t seen in the store for a while – GUNS!! (Glock, Beretta, Smith & Wesson, Bushmaster and Ruger just to name a few.) On the outside, well, it’ll be pretty obvious what changes have been made once you drive up.

Guest Expert: We are pleased to announce that Richard L. “Dick” Niekamp has graciously offered to spend the day with us on Saturday. Dick has served as Muzzle Loading Education Coordinator for the National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association, chaired the committee that wrote the original muzzleloading safety manuals for the NMLRA and the NRA, has published works in the Muzzleloader Blasts, Muzzleloader and Backwoodsman magazines, and is a lecturer for the DE Humanities Forum on Colonial History, pertaining to the American/Pennsylvania Longrifle. Dick will be available throughout the day to share his knowledge and answer any questions that you may have.

Consignments: If you would like to place a gun on consignment with us, please do so by Friday afternoon, so that it will be available for the Grand Re-Opening.

Pictures!! If you would like a picture taken with your new purchase, just let us know. We will have a digital camera and printer to capture that “new gun” glow. (For privacy purposes, we will NOT post your pictures on our website.)

Speaking of purchasing a gun – everyone that purchases/orders a gun will receive an X-Ring t-shirt.

Green Dot, One Day Sale: Sorry, I’ve been sworn to secrecy by Bob, so I can’t tell you the brand name of the items that we’ll be placing on sale, but it is a very popular item. We’ve even dedicated part of a display case to the items that are on sale.

Bring your appetite: We’ll have plenty of food and drinks.

Door Prizes/GiveAways: Stop by our Door Prize table to complete an entry form and pick up some giveaways from X-Ring, as well as the Army National Guard. We’ll pick a door prize winner every hour. Winners will be notified via phone and posted on our website (you don’t need to be present to win).

Have you seen one of our ads? Check out the Middletown Transcript, Hockessin Community News or the Mill Creek Community News (we even have a classified ad in the Sporting Goods section of the Sunday News Journal, Spark and CrossRoads this week).
Hope to see ya on Saturday!

Attachments

• 1911anim.gif
    1911anim.gif
    8 KB · Views: 872