Could this be Davis' last gasp at political relevance??
Rep. Tom Davis poured nearly $400,000 into his [second] wife’s bid for a second state Senate term from his congressional re-election campaign last month, according to finance reports released Tuesday.
The expenditures are legal under Virginia law, which places no limits on the size of donations as long as the contributions are disclosed. The money, which mainly funded television commercials, does raise questions about the congressman’s future.
I'm generally against campiagn limits, but then again, maybe there otta' be a law on this one.
A $400,000 contribution for a mere VA STATE Senate seat?
Chap says below, SNIP: "Finally, we are still accepting donations at http://www.fairfaxsenator.com. In the last month, Congressman Tom Davis has donated $400,000 to his wife's re-election. Don't let them buy this election. You can fight back and we will win."
Friends, Virginians, citizens of Fairfax:
Seven days to go.
We are running on all cylinders as we approach the finish line. So many folks have asked: "What can I do?" Here it is:
1. Make phone calls. Our phone bank office is running full tilt at 10098 Lee Highway in Fairfax City (across from Outback Steakhouse). We have 30 lines dedicated for our campaign from 11 am - 9 pm. Please give us some of your time. You can reserve a time by calling 703-349-3361 or you can walk in. It's a great way to meet people and support our team in the last few days.
2. Walk neighborhoods. We are running "Get Out The Vote" canvass teams from our campaign office on Saturday and Sunday. Shifts go out at 11 am and 3 pm. Last weekend we had 200+ volunteers enjoying the beautiful fall weather. Come join us.
3. Work the polls. We have slots open. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer a shift on Election Day.
4. Respond to negative attacks. If friends and neighbors ask about attacks against me or my campaign,refer them to our response website which is http://www.thestraightrecord.com We will set the record straight.
5. Spread the word in the virtual world. Put a "Vote for Chap" tagline in your email signature. In the next few days, I will be sending out an election day memo entitled "The Case for New Leadership". Forward that to your contacts. This is a great method of advertising -- and it's completely free.
Finally, we are still accepting donations at http://www.fairfaxsenator.com. In the last month, Congressman Tom Davis has donated $400,000 to his wife's re-election. Don't let them buy this election. You can fight back and we will win.
Thanks again for all you've done. We are very close to victory. If you have any questions, please contact us at http://www.fairfaxsenator.com or 703-349-3361. Let us know how we can represent you better.
Visit us at http://www.fairfaxsenator.com
Paid for and authorized by Petersen for State Senate
© 2007 fairfaxsenator.com - All Rights Reserved
Powered by The Websolutions Studio