Thread: Nevada CC Permit

Post imported post

Hi... need some advice regarding CCpermit application in Nevada... Does one have to own a pistol before he could apply for a CC permit or could one get a CC permit then buy a pistol?

Thanks in advance.

Post imported post

You have to own and qualify with a pistol at a certified range. go to "The Gun Store" on Tropicana. Class is about $100 and 8 hours long... so pack a lunch. You will also Qualify at that time. I think you can make arrangements in advance to pre-qualify before the class. Give them a call.

Post imported post

Thanks Bravo_Sierra for the info... Actually this inquiry is for my dad who is there in Las Vegas... He is buying one of my revolvers and wants it shipped to American Shooters.

I will relay this info. to him.

Thanks again

Post imported post

Check out Bargain Pawn for the FFL transfer and the CC permit.

http://www.bargainpawn.com

I haven't used them, but their prices look good.

Post imported post

Sigaleps wrote:
    Thanks Bravo_Sierra for the info... Actually this inquiry is for my dad who is there in Las Vegas... He is buying one of my revolvers and wants it shipped to American Shooters.

I will relay this info. to him.

Thanks again

American Shooters is a great store, that's where I get my range time in actually. They will be an excellent FFL. Also look at Machine Gun Kelly's.. real name of the store, just accross from the airport!

P.S.

You can legally own full auto's and silencers in Nevada

Post imported post

if he can't sit for that long or wants to break it up over a few days Contact Master Shooters Supply

3hr blocks in the eveningand a separate range day.

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Doesn't Floyd want like $125 (vs $60 from Glenn @ Bargain Pawn or The Gun Store)?

http://www.awtccc.com/price.html

http://www.bargainpawn.com/gunsales.html
    http://www.thegunstorelasvegas.com/ccw.htm

I'd like to know what warrants the difference? Is it that much better in some way?

Post imported post

$125 vs $100 vs $80 or less

I don't have a clue as to what anyone charges.
    I was offering an alternative.
    If his Dad has a problem sitting for along time he mightsave $40 at the rangeand spend twice that much at the chiropractors office the next day.

I do know people have failed to quailify at other ranges and with Floyds help they pass.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

I was going to bring up the fact that Las Vegas requirements are different from the rest of the state, but I read that the originator of this thread was inquring for a Las Vegas resident.

Post imported post

Serial numbers are not required on/for a CCW permit anywhere in Nevada.

Post imported post

As others have noted, you do NOT have to own a handgun in order to get a NV CCW permit.

You may rent or borrow a handgun for qualification purposes.

Post imported post

As others have noted, you do NOT have to own a handgun in order to get a NV CCW permit. You may rent or borrow a handgun for qualification purposes.
    +1

I still don't own the G26 that I qualified with and had put on my permit. All the instructor needs to see is that you can shoot that specific firearm well, it doesn't matter if you own it or not.

And +1 on above that serial numbers ARE NOT needed for your permit.

Post imported post

This allows people to try handguns out before the decide to qualify with them. Awesome!