• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nevada CC Permit

Sigaleps

imported post

Hi... need some advice regarding CCpermit application in Nevada... Does one have to own a pistol before he could apply for a CC permit or could one get a CC permit then buy a pistol?

Thanks in advance.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

You have to own and qualify with a pistol at a certified range. go to "The Gun Store" on Tropicana. Class is about $100 and 8 hours long... so pack a lunch. You will also Qualify at that time. I think you can make arrangements in advance to pre-qualify before the class. Give them a call.

Sigaleps

imported post

Thanks Bravo_Sierra for the info... Actually this inquiry is for my dad who is there in Las Vegas... He is buying one of my revolvers and wants it shipped to American Shooters.

I will relay this info. to him.

Thanks again

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

Sigaleps wrote:
Thanks Bravo_Sierra for the info... Actually this inquiry is for my dad who is there in Las Vegas... He is buying one of my revolvers and wants it shipped to American Shooters.

I will relay this info. to him.

Thanks again

American Shooters is a great store, that's where I get my range time in actually. They will be an excellent FFL. Also look at Machine Gun Kelly's.. real name of the store, just accross from the airport!

P.S.

You can legally own full auto's and silencers in Nevada ;)

Marco

imported post

if he can't sit for that long or wants to break it up over a few days Contact Master Shooters Supply

3hr blocks in the eveningand a separate range day.

Marco

imported post

$125 vs $100 vs $80 or less
I don't have a clue as to what anyone charges.
I was offering an alternative.:cool:
If his Dad has a problem sitting for along time he mightsave $40 at the rangeand spend twice that much at the chiropractors office the next day.:(

I do know people have failed to quailify at other ranges and with Floyds help they pass.:D

calmp9

imported post

I was going to bring up the fact that Las Vegas requirements are different from the rest of the state, but I read that the originator of this thread was inquring for a Las Vegas resident.

varminter22

imported post

As others have noted, you do NOT have to own a handgun in order to get a NV CCW permit.

You may rent or borrow a handgun for qualification purposes.

jfrey123

imported post

As others have noted, you do NOT have to own a handgun in order to get a NV CCW permit. You may rent or borrow a handgun for qualification purposes.
+1

I still don't own the G26 that I qualified with and had put on my permit. All the instructor needs to see is that you can shoot that specific firearm well, it doesn't matter if you own it or not.

And +1 on above that serial numbers ARE NOT needed for your permit.

calmp9

imported post

This allows people to try handguns out before the decide to qualify with them. Awesome!