• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

R2KBA presentation

mazellan819

imported post

I just had the opportunity in one of my criminal justice classes at school to give presentation on 2nd amendment. I was1 of 3 in my group. I covered open carry. I feel it was a good opportunity to educate future law enforcement on the laws regarding open carry. The teacher is an officer and someone asked him what his views were on open carry, and he said he would prefer it to be concealed but that it was not against the law to oc. Anyways I thought it was a good experience and thought I would share it with all of you.

Maze

imperialism2024

imported post

Ah, what a coincidence! I just did a presentation on open carry laws in PA for my criminal law class Monday night. Unfortunately, I planned too long of a presentation for the time I ended up having to do it in, so I had to skim through the finer points of the law. But I got through the basics, preemption, and how "disorderly conduct" can't apply to OC. It was interesting, though, as everyone in the class had a look of wonder on their faces, and actually paid attention and seemed genuinely interested. I just wish I would have remembered to bring copies of PA open carry flyers, but I didn't think of it until, oh, now. :cry:

mazellan819

imported post

Its not uvu until july 1st.and yes it was uvsc. There were a lot of questions durring my portion. Many of the students werent aware of open cary. I enjoyed it so much that I want to become an CFP instructor.

imperialism2024

imported post

Wow, there were no questions after mine. I don't know if I just did a very effective job at teaching it, everyone was already aware of it (if only), or if the info just didn't have time to sink in.

Anyway, the best place, IMO, to teach about the legality (and usefulness) of open carry is in criminal justice classes, as these are the people who are going to be either oppressing or leaving alone open carriers in the future.