• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed Man Shot By FCPD

XCon

imported post

Fairfax County Police received a call from a crisis center on Wednesday, October 31 at 4:35 a.m., regarding a suicidal person. Officers went to the 9800 block of Natick Road in Burke to check on the welfare of an adult man. When they arrived, a man matching the description left in a car. Police followed the car to the 5100 block of Woodland Way, where the car stopped. Police observed the man with a handgun in his possession and began negotiations. The man pointed his gun at an officer. That officer fired one shot, striking the armed man. Edward Connor, 71, of 9835 Natick Road, was transported to Inova Fairfax Hospital where he was pronounced dead. No officers were injured.

Attachments

• SD.JPG
    SD.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 509

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

What is the relavence of this thread to OCDO? Looks like a suicide by cop.
Maybe Swatpro911 can tell us.

bayboy42

imported post

Wanna know the most impressive/unheard of part of this story................................................................................

That officer fired one shot, striking the armed man. Edward Connor, 71, of 9835 Natick Road, was transported to Inova Fairfax Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Now thats something you don't hear of too often :lol::what:

IanB

imported post

I thought opsgear WAS swatpro911 under a new name?

It must have snowed last night in Ffx Co. Check out the slush in the street, snow around the stop sign, etc.

attachment.php

KodiakISGOOD

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
I thought opsgear WAS swatpro911 under a new name?

It must have snowed last night in Ffx Co. Check out the slush in the street, snow around the stop sign, etc.

Yeah i was out last night on my "bi-weekly traffic sign licking excursion" and you should've seen the look on my face when i got to that one.....it's a good thing i carry an emergency kit with some PAM and a spatula!

anyone able to make out the route # on the top of the sign in the foreground?

also i don't believe there is a 5100 block of Woodland Way

XCon

imported post

yes it is, its not snow, its a camera that didnt take the good picture

XCon

imported post

blockade by PD

Attachments

• SDPanasonic 149.jpg
    SDPanasonic 149.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 321

XCon

imported post

I just wanted to share some pics thats all, any OC dinner you guys planned out yet?

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I think Citizen and LEO229 are getting together at the Blue Oyster Bar, its on Powell.

VAopencarry

imported post

Share some pics of what? and when? That first pic is clearly taken in the winter as evidenced by the lack of leaves on the tree and the SNOW piled up around the stop sign in the distance. If you need attention please go seek it on another website.

LEO 229

imported post

longwatch wrote:
I think Citizen and LEO229 are getting together at the Blue Oyster Bar, its on Powell.
We asked you to join us.. you keep saying your too busy. ;)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

longwatch wrote:

Oh, cruising for trouble are you? I'm not the one who works in store named, ________. Went to some trouble to select that particular employer, didn't you? :)