• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new to the idea of open carry

AbNo

imported post

Leader wrote:
WhiteRabbit22 wrote:
They would say disturbing the peace, but there is no actual law as far as i can see prohibiting the carrying of long guns.

I keep hearing about police departments doing this but I have NEVER been able to find ANYTHING to back it up.

Please show me just ONE example where it ACTUALLY happened.

And more specifically, where it stuck in court.

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

I can't find the link right now, but there was a story on these forums about someone who OCed a rifle, and was arrested for disturbing the peace, the charges didn't hold in court though.

None of them have stuck in court, which is why you don't find any stories about it. But that doesn't mean that the uneducated police won't arrest you for it, then let you deal with court fees and a lawyer.

grog18b

imported post

WhiteRabbit22 wrote:
None of them have stuck in court, which is why you don't find any stories about it. But that doesn't mean that the uneducated police won't arrest you for it, then let you deal with court fees and a lawyer.
False arrest is a crime too. Civil suits should be filed to remedy such arrests. Perhaps if more did, more departments would know the laws...