• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to OC.Two quick questions

GlockLuver

imported post

I assume it's ok to OC with a leg holster?

And i also saw someone OC while drinking beer,is this allowed?

Going to go out for the first time in a few hours..

Tyoung

imported post

I don't see why a drop leg holster would beillegal. As for drinking I believe Idaho law says you can't be intoxicated. I've heard that means above the limit to drive. I view it as a really bad idea. God forbid you have to use your weapon having alcohol in your system could hang you.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

GlockLuver wrote:

Read this Article and see the Picture:celebrate

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695220748,00.html

Packing heat, no apologies
'We're not gangsters; we are normal people who carry guns'

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]By Elizabeth Stuart[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]Deseret Morning News[/font]
Published: Monday, Oct. 22, 2007 12:23 a.m. MDT

bubble6.gif
365 comments
E-MAIL|PRINT|FONT+-
PROVO — For Clachelle Jensen, preparing to leave the house with her two children goes something like this: Baby wipes? Check. Extra diapers? Check. Glock pistol? Check.
"I just feel safer when I have my gun on my hip," said Jensen, 28, who lives in Santaquin. "There's so many lunatics and crazies out there, you never know when something's going to happen."
The petite brunette's not shy about showing off her weapon, either. The Glock has a semipermanent home on her belt.
Jensen packed her pistol to the Red Robin in Provo Saturday, where she met up with about a dozen other unabashedly armed Utahns.
They looked imposing, walking in together, loaded pistols at their sides. The somber spell was broken though, when Jensen's baby started fussing and someone's cell phone went off.
"We're not gangsters," said Brian Nelson, 27, a soft-spoken man from Layton. "We are normal people. We just happen to carry guns."
A couple of the men work in gun-related businesses; the rest ranged in occupation from computer software engineer to political lobbyist. The youngest was a fresh-faced 18-year-old, the eldest had nearly-grown children. The group first met in an online chat room, OpenCarry.org, where they discuss their decision not to conceal their weapons.

"It's a whole lifestyle change," Nelson said.
He said he feels responsible for the safety of those around him when he has a gun on his hip. He always assesses the situation and looks for the exits when he walks into a room.
"You've got to envision what could go wrong because if you make the wrong decision with a gun in your hand, you'll be spending time in jail — and rightfully so," he said.
OpenCarry.org touts the slogan: "A right unexercised is a right lost." Saturday's group of pistol packers echoed the sentiment. A bonus to keeping the gun in the open, said Pether Jensen, a self-proclaimed cowboy from West Valley City, is the opportunity it presents to educate people about Utah's gun laws. No permit is required to openly carry a gun in Utah.
"I have the right to protect my family," he said. "A lot of people don't know they have that right."
Utah gun laws are some of the most relaxed in the country, said Clark Aposhian, chairman of the Utah Shooting Sports Council. His elbow rubbed against the handle of his pistol as he munched on his hamburger. Utah also boasts one of the lowest rates of crimes committed using lawfully-obtained firearms, he said. "We aren't apologizing for a felon trying to buy a gun," he said. "We obey the law and expect everyone else to also."
The only things Clachelle Jensen has ever taken out with her pistol are targets and broken bottles. None of the diners had ever taken aim at a human being.
"I hope the day never comes when I have to use my weapon," said Kevin Jensen, Clachelle's husband. "I just like to have it there in case of emergency."
All agreed that keeping the gun out in the open encourages criminals to stay at bay.
"An armed society is a polite society," they said. Kevin Jensen said he wanted his wife to keep her gun on her belt because she didn't always have hold of the purse she kept it in. He didn't want her to end up "arming a purse-snatcher," he said.
He prefers to wear his Glock strapped to his thigh. He shrugged when someone asked if he was a member of the FBI.
"If I wear it on my waist, I can't tuck my shirt in," he said, while bouncing his 3-month-old on his hip.

E-mail: estuart@desnews.com

Read all 365 comments

Kevin Jensen carries a pistol in a thigh holster while out to dinner at the Provo Towne Centre. His wife also openly packs a gun.
Gallery (2 photos)

4722413.jpg

Kevin Jensen carries a pistol in a thigh holster while out to dinner at the Provo Towne Centre. His wife also openly packs a gun. (Dan Lund, for the Deseret Morning News)

initializetabcontent("story_graphics_tabs");

4722415.jpg

Clark Aposhian, left, Brian Nelson, Jeff Johnson, Kevin Jensen, Clachelle Jensen, Pether Jensen, Jason Montrose at Provo Towne Centre. (Dan Lund, for the Deseret Morning News)
document.writeln(AAMB10);

utoc-45-44 is the one in the cowboy hat:celebrate

pageid=67642191

[

UTOC-45-44

imported post

GlockLuver wrote:

In the State of Utah...as long as we are "under the limit" we can technically carry and drink ( and drive home from the bar). I, personally, wouldn't do it unless I was in my Homestead.

76-10-528 Carrying a dangerous weapon while under influence of alcohol or drugs unlawful.
WP Zipped -- 2,079 bytes -- Last Update 22-Apr-05
76-10-528. Carrying a dangerous weapon while under influence of alcohol or drugs unlawful.
(1) Any person who carries a dangerous weapon while under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance as defined in Section 58-37-2 is guilty of a class B misdemeanor. Under the influence means the same level of influence or blood or breath alcohol concentration as provided in Subsections 41-6a-502(1)(a)(i) through (iii).
(2) It is not a defense to prosecution under this section that the person:
(a) is licensed in the pursuit of wildlife of any kind; or
(b) has a valid permit to carry a concealed firearm.

Amended by Chapter 2, 2005 General Session
Download Code Section Zipped WP 6/7/8 76_0C056.ZIP 2,079 Bytes

41-6a-502

Utah Code § 41-6a-502

Utah Code § 41-6a-502 prohibits operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or a combination of both with specified or unsafe blood alcohol concentration.

(1)A person may not operate or be in actual physical control of a vehicle within this state if the person:
(a) has sufficient alcohol in his body that a subsequent chemical test shows that the person has a blood or breath alcohol concentration of .08 grams or greater at the time of the test;
(b) is under the influence of alcohol, any drug, or the combined influence of alcohol and any drug to a degree that renders the person incapable of safely operating a vehicle; or
(c) has a blood or breath alcohol concentration of .08 grams or greater at the time of operation or actual physical control.
(2) The fact that a person charged with violating this section is or has been legally entitled to use alcohol or a drug is not a defense against any charge of violating this section.
(c) Alcohol concentration in the blood shall be based upon grams of alcohol per 100 milliliters of blood, and alcohol concentration in the breath shall be based upon grams of alcohol per 210 liters of breath.

As written, Utah Code § 41-6a-502 is an "enhanceable offense." This means that if a person is convicted of the same or similar crime within a certain time period, the offense may be enhanced from a Class B misdemeanor up to a Third Degree felony. Additionally, there may be other factors that would result in an "enhanced offense" such as whether or not there was an injury related to the offense or who the passengers were at the time the offense was committed.

(3) (a) A person convicted the first or second time of a violation of Subsection (2) is guilty of a: (i) class B misdemeanor; or (ii) class A misdemeanor if the person: (A) has also inflicted bodily injury upon another as a proximate result of having operated the vehicle in a negligent manner; (B) had a passenger under 16 years of age in the vehicle at the time of the offense; or (C) was 21 years of age or older and had a passenger under 18 years of age in the vehicle at the time of the offense. (b) A person convicted of a violation of Subsection (2) is guilty of a third degree felony if the person has also inflicted serious bodily injury upon another as a proximate result of having operated the vehicle in a negligent manner.

Utah Code §§ 76-3-301, 76-3-203, 76-3-208
A Class B misdemeanor may be punished by a term of imprisonment in the facility designated by the jurisdiction where the offense occurred for up to six months. Additionally, a person convicted of a Class B misdemeanor may be fined up to $1,000.00 plus an 85% surcharge payable the court bringing the total fine to $1,850.00.

A Class A misdemeanor may be punished by a term of imprisonment in the facility designated by the jurisdiction where the offense occurred. Additionally, a person convicted of a Class A misdemeanor may be fined up to $2,500.00 plus an 85% surcharge payable the court bringing the total fine to $4,625.00.

A Third Degree Felony may be punished by a term of imprisonment in the Utah State Prison for up to 5 years. Additionally, a person convicted of a Third Degree Felony may be fined up to $5,000.00 plus an 85% surcharge payable the court bringing the total fine to $9,250.00.

[line]

Sections in this Chapter|Chapters in this Title|All Titles|Legislative Home Page

Last revised: Thursday, July 19, 2007

IdahoCorsair

State Researcher
imported post

Glockluvr,

Welcome to OCDO! ... and to the world of exercising your rights!

Don't drink while carrying. period. It's just stupid... but the law in Idaho for guns/alcohol is the same as driving's BAC limit.
Drop rig is fine, but you'll get more stares that way than if you OC in a belt holster.

Tyoung, also Welcome to OCDO! See you around if you're over in Meridian/Boise area.

Idaho

dng

State Researcher
imported post

GlockLuver wrote:

Leg Holster: legal

Carrying while drinking: A really really bad idea and illegal while under the influence.

bourneshooter

imported post

Welcome GlockLuvr and Tyoung.

If in the Nampa area pm me. I don't know of anybody else in my AO. Need to do some OC group stuff. Do alot on my own, but its always more fun when you can show in masse.

IdahoCorsair, you need to make it to the better county once in a while. The water aint that bad.