• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

$550 for a brand new kimber??

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Ok, so a spammer has been floating through some of the gun forums posting a price list for guns and an e-mail to contact them by. Longwatch was fast on the draw and was able to remove the spam almost immediately, so kudos to him. I'm curious, though, if these prices could be legitimate. I sent a message to the e-mail asking about who they are, where they are located, etc., to see if it's just some scam or what. They responded giving little information, saying only that they are in the UK, all firearms are new and never fired, and they ship in 4 days.

So whats the deal here? Can you even ship a gun from the UK to the US in the mail, FFL or not? Please don't start flaming me for asking about this. I've already had someone on another gun forum ask ME if I knew anything about it, so I'm trying to get everyone on here involved.

Anyway here's the original message. I removed the e-mail so as to not advertise.

Fire Arms Agency Limited
Kindly view our price list for new guns below and send your inquiry to *****************
Kimber Eclipse Custom II 45ACP $550USD
Springfield 1911 LW Operator 45 ACP 45ACP $350
Smith & Wesson 627 PC 5" 8 Shot 357 Mag $350
E2S M4 A1 Carbine 16in. .223 $300
Kimber Custom II 45ACP/Night Sights $300
Kimber Stainless Ten II 45ACP $300
Knight Long Range Hunter 27 .52 Cal. Right-Handed Rifle $250
Knight Long Range Hunter 27 .52 Cal. Left-Handed Rifle $250
Remington 870 12 Ga 18" OD Knoxx Spec Ops Stock $200
CZ-75 Compact Black Poly 40S&W $200
Smith & Wesson 442 Airweight 38 Spl $150
Pistols:
Boxed Pair George Washington Flintlock Pistols$1200
Dye DM7 Paintball Gun Clear Dust $700
DYE DM7 Paintball Marker $700
Dye DM7 Paintball Gun Red Dust $700
A cased pair of travelling pistols $800
CARBON 15 97 223 PISTOL $600USD
Planet Eclipse 07 EGO Paintball Gun - Gun Metal Grey $600
06 Bob Long Infamous intimidator $400
Bob Long Ripper 2.5 Intimidator Blue $350
First Endeavor Quest Paintball Marker Olive Dust $350
Dye Matrix DMC Paintball Gun - Black $250
NEW Olympic Arms OA-93 Pistols $350
Colt .45 WWI Faithful Reproduction $300
Colt .45 WWI Faithful Reproduction $300 $300
1860 Army Revolver .44 Caliber Pistols $150
BA-6 Laser HK USP Pistols $150
Riffle Guns:
1924 Wesley Richards Riffle $1200
Marlin 30-30 $250
Price List For Pistols
1860 Army Revolver .44 Caliber Pistols: $150usd
"SIG PRO 2340, 40S&W cal, VG condition.": $180usd
Glock 23 - $200usd
Glock 37 - .45 GAP - NEW:$250usd
Bersa Thunder 9MM Pistol 13 Rd : $200usd
COLT COMMANDER XSE 45 ACP STAINLESS STEEL
PISTOL:$400usd
BushMaster Carbon 15 9MM Pistol: $350usd
RUGER 357 MAG BL 6SHOT REVOLVER: $200usd
GLOCK 22 40SW 15RD FS $220usd
Ruger NR5 22LR Western Revolver :$150usd
WALTHER PPK/S 380ACP DA 7RD SS:$230usd
BERETTA 84FS 380 10RD BLK PG:$300usd
COLT 1970 GOVERNMENT COMBAT SPECIAL:$700usd
COLT 1991 COMMANDER 45ACP STAINLESS STEEL:$500usd
Officer's Colt Civil War Pistol with Custom Grips:$2,000.
Colt 1911 MK IV, Series 80 Officers Model .45ACP:$300usd
Ruger Single Six .22LR, Old Model:$150usd
S&W K-38 Combat Masterpiece, model 15-3. .38 Special:$200usd
Colt Detective Special .38 Special:$250usd
Smith & Wesson 3913 Stainless, 9mm:$260usd
SigArms P228 Nickel Slide, 9mm:$400usd

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

DreQo wrote:
Ok, so a spammer has been floating through some of the gun forums posting a price list for guns and an e-mail to contact them by. Longwatch was fast on the draw and was able to remove the spam almost immediately, so kudos to him. I'm curious, though, if these prices could be legitimate. I sent a message to the e-mail asking about who they are, where they are located, etc., to see if it's just some scam or what. They responded giving little information, saying only that they are in the UK, all firearms are new and never fired, and they ship in 4 days.

So whats the deal here? Can you even ship a gun from the UK to the US in the mail, FFL or not? Please don't start flaming me for asking about this. I've already had someone on another gun forum ask ME if I knew anything about it, so I'm trying to get everyone on here involved.

Anyway here's the original message. I removed the e-mail so as to not advertise.

Sounds like a scam to me. I glanced at the post here yesterday. The 5" 627 for $350 did catch my eye, though...

How did they say they want payment in their reply to your e-mail?

BTW, I don't know why you would redact the e-mail address. People just have a natural urge to censor stuff....it's an amazing thing.

IanB

imported post

Those prices are so low it's either a scam or the guns are stolen. And I'm just a tad curious, how is someone selling handguns from the UK when they are banned there?

By the way, you did not redact the email address properly. Anyone can mouse over the email and it shows the link. Wouldn't a reputable dealer have a real email address instead of a yahoo account?

A Google search of that email shows 3 pages of results. This guy has been spamming all over the place, mostly in the comments section of news stories.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Those prices are so low it's either a scam or the guns are stolen. And I'm just a tad curious, how is someone selling handguns from the UK when they are banned there?

By the way, you did not redact the email address properly. Anyone can mouse over the email and it shows the link. Wouldn't a reputable dealer have a real email address instead of a yahoo account?

A Google search of that email shows 3 pages of results. This guy has been spamming all over the place, mostly in the comments section of news stories.

Thanks, NSL. I missed that. I don'tthink anyone shouldworry about that spam catching some unsuspecting gun lover. Anyone who has been around the Net for a while is smart enough to figure it out.

I'm not brave enough to send an e-mail to the address though. That might be a little dicey...[blur]firearmsagencyltd@yahoo.co.uk[/blur]

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

When you said I DID redact it properly, did you really mean did, or did you mean to say didn't? lol As far as starring it out, Hank, it's not a natural urge to censor things, it's showing respect to the fact that the post had already oncebeen rightfully removed from this forum because it is spam.

Anyway I e-mailed them implying that I was interested in purchasing, but I needed more information. Along with the information I already mentioned, they also said that they can't give me the shipping information until they know what country I am in. I gave them a State and zip code and asked what the total priced shipped for the kimber was (just because it was the first on the list). I also asked if it needed to be shipped to an FFL dealer. We'll see how they respond. So far the spelling and grammar has been correct, but not natural.

I doubt any of it is legitimate, but I'll just keep digging until I find the catch or have a $550 kimber on my hip :celebrate. lol Ok so I wouldn't do that, but I am gonna find out whats goin on.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Haha ok I'm just reading stuff with my eyes crossed tonight apparently. Sorry :). The e-mail addy is fixed now.

Anyway so I lied about the grammar...it sucks. Whoever is typing these e-mails is definitely not english speaking. The last e-mail I sent to them asked very plainly what the total price with shipping would be (I specified a zip code) and whether it had to be shipped to an FFL dealer. This is what I got in response:

Dear Sir,

We greatly appreciate you for placing your order with our company sir.
Due to your recent email we will want you to get back to us with the details of the FFL holder in your country then your item will be shipped to you via FEDEX and your shipping charges to United States will be $50.

But if you could not provide the FFL holder we have a private shipping company that can deliver your Kimber Eclipse Custom II 45ACP to whatever address you want to safely then the shipping charges is $100.

Please get back to us immediately because we are now getting your Kimber Eclipse Custom II 45ACP pack and ready for shipment immediately your payment is confirmed. We hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards

Director.
FIRE ARMS AGENCY LTD.

That's the original format, too. I assure you I DID NOT place an order, lol, and they don't have any of my information. They don't even know my name, and the zip code I gave them wasn't mine. I replied and told them that I would get the FFL dealer address for them tomorrow, and clarified that the total price would be $600 for the Kimber. I also asked how they expected to receive payment. lol This crap is ridiculous.

Stealth Potato

imported post

I think the appropriate rule here is, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

What these guys are actually "selling" is probably one of: (A) nothing, (B) stolen guns, or (C) some cheap knockoffs that are dangerously unsafe to operate. I'm betting on (A), myself. :p

Sure wish I could get a brand new Kimber Eclipse for $550, though...

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Awww all right so I got another reply. These guys are sad...I was hoping it'd be a decent scam. Oh well..

Dear Sir,

We greatly appreciate you for placing your order with our company sir.
Due to your recent email we like to inform your payment will be made via the fastest and the safest method of sending and receiving payment which is Western Union Money Transfer.

Due to your recent message we will want you to get back to us with the FFL holder details tomorrow and also make your payment tomorrow so that your order can be shipped to the address immediately your payment is confirmed.

We want to inform that the Kimber Eclipse Custom II 45ACP will get to you with all the manuals. Once your payment is confirmed your Kimber Eclipse Custom II 45ACP will shipped out of our store and it will be delivered to you within 4 days.

We hope to hear from you soon as possible so we can continue with your order immediately.

Best Regards

Director.
FIRE ARMS AGENCY LTD

Western Union, haha yeah right. I replied back and told them that we would have to use something like paypal so I could dispute the charge if I didn't receive the right product, or any product at all. I also told them that it sounds like a scam. We'll see how they respond to that, lol.

Note: don't worry guys, I'm not about to give them my credit card or any other information. I can't believe that there are people that would fall for this crap.

Particle

imported post

Of course the price caught your eye. That's the point. It's not free, but cheap enough to where it hurts not to take advantage of the offer (read: scam). He ends up with 1/2 to 2/3 the cost of a gun and you end up with...an empty place in both your wallet and holster.

What kind of gun dealer operates in the UK where there isn't anyone to buy any of your guns?

Don't even consider this guy. He's a classic spam-scam artist.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Got two more e-mails from them after questioning their payment method and basically accusing them of scamming. Of course the SMART thing for him to do at this point is just shut up, be continued:

Dear Sir,

Due to your recent email we will like to inform you that we a well organised and a registered company in United Kingdom. We will also like to inform you that we can not ship your order without the confirmation of your payment.

We ceased to receive our payments via Credit Card and paypal due to some customers that paid with a fraud card and causes problem to our company after which we have delivered their items.

We will want you to build a trust in our company because we will not like to lose you as a customer therefore we will not do anything stupid to make us lose you as a customer. We promise you that we will ship your item once your payment is confirmed.

Best Regards

Director.
FIRE ARMS AGENCY LTD

So then 20 minutes later, when I hadn't responded to that e-mail, they send another one:

Dear Sir,

We want you to give us a call via this number in order to talk over the transaction. Tel:+447024063231

Best Regards

Director.
FIRE ARMS AGENCY LTD

What kind of a phone number is that? I'm done with these guys, but I'm surprised they're pushin like they are.

bayboy42

imported post

Its a phone number in the U.K. Google it and check out the results. In their former life it looks as if they scammed in the cell phone market.......I guess they figure bigger profits in the gun market :lol:

imperialism2024

imported post

I think we should have fun with the scammer and play along with him/her.

"I need a gun that can intimidate a convenience store clerk. What do you recommend?"

"I just got out of prison for rape, though I swear I'm innocent, er, not guilty. Anyway, can you ship the gun in packaging so customs doesn't figure out what it is?"

"I want... the gun of Rambo."

"Now, do you have a semi-automatic MAC-10 that can be converted to full auto? Not that I'm planning to do it, but I'm just wondering."

"My name is OJ Simpson..."

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Looks the Nigerians have a new scam. Funny how they didn't even protest me removing the post.

expvideo

imported post

That's totally a Nigerian scam. Western Union+Bad grammar+Yahoo email address=Nigeria. I'm sure if it really got down to it, he'd tell you to send the money to his "finance department" or some crap like that, and they would just so happen to be in Nigeria.

But if you could not provide the FFL holder we have a private shipping company that can deliver your Kimber Eclipse Custom II 45ACP to whatever address you want to safely then the shipping charges is $100.
...riiiight...

Somebody want to see if he's actually having the money sent to the UK, and if so inform the UK authorities of a guy trying to sell guns illegally?

Here's thetypical scam:

I would like to buy your item that I have saw while on craigslist. I have a private shipping company that picks up my items at my for me. I will send to you payment for your item, plus money for my shipper, and you can send the money Western Union to him. I hope I can trust you... Here's a money order that will cover the $500 as well in addition to the $2500 for my shipper. Please western union $2500 to my shippers office in Nigeria.

(the money order is fake but the bank will cash it for you and tell you that it has cleared, then 2 weeks later they will charge you back, because the money order is just a realistic fake)

Looks like in this case they aren't even trying to send out fraudulent money orders.

IanB

imported post

If DreQo is internet savy he could post up the full message headers so we could see what country the emails are being sent from.

MarkNH

State Researcher
imported post

Firearms can only be imported into the US if they are sent to an FFL and the purchaser has an approved ATF form 6.

Even without all the Nigerian scam like the Western Union stuff and even if they were legitimate and sent you the firearm you ordered you would still be in violation of Federal Law if you import a firearm without the correct paperwork.

Like just about any other Federal firearms offense you would be looking at up to 10 years in a cell with a guy named Bubba.