• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun unfriendly candidates to avoid this November

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Brady Campaign Endorses Virginia General Assembly Candidates
Next Tuesday: Help Elect Candidates Who Support Sensible Gun Laws

Dear Virginia Brady Member,

Next Tuesday, November 6, you will go to the polls and make some important decisions about the future of public safety in Virginia. The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence with its Virginia Million Mom March Chapters is pleased to endorse the following state candidates in Virginia who support common sense efforts to stop the gun violence that is plaguing our communities.

This year's election is especially crucial as control of both Houses is up for grabs. The gun lobby is working hard to defeat supporters of common sense gun laws and elect those candidates who are willing to do their bidding. We need you to stand up to them and vote for the following Brady Campaign endorsed candidates.

On November 6, Vote for Safer Communities:
Support Candidates Who Will Support Sensible Gun Laws

Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
with its Virginia Million Mom March Chapters
is proud to endorse the candidacies of:

Mamie Lock (D), for State Senate, District 2
Yvonne Miller (D), for State Senate, District 5
Henry Marsh (D), for State Senate, District 16
L. Louise Lucas (D), for State Senate, District 18
Patricia Ticer (D), for State Senate, District 30
Mary Margaret Whipple (D), for State Senate, District 31
Janet Howell (D), for State Senate, District 32
Jeannemarie Devolites Davis (R), for State Senate, District 34
Richard Saslaw (D), for State Senate, District 35
Linda Puller (D), for State Senate, District 36
Janet Oleszek (D), for State Senate, District 37
George Barker (D), for State Senate, District 39

David Poisson (D), for House of Delegates, District 32
Margaret Vanderhye (D), for House of Delegates, District 34
Ken Plum (D), for House of Delegates, District 36
David Bulova (D), for House of Delegates, District 37
Robert Hull (D), for House of Delegates, District 38
Vivian Watts (D), for House of Delegates, District 39
David Englin (D), for House of Delegates, District 45
Al Eisenberg (D), for House of Delegates, District 47
Bob Brink (D), for House of Delegates, District 48
Adam Ebbin (D), for House of Delegates, District 49
Paul Nichols (D), for House of Delegates, District 51
Jim Scott (D), for House of Delegates, District 53
Chuck Caputo (D), for House of Delegates, District 67
Pam Pouchot (I), for House of Delegates, District 96

Click here to forward this email to friends, family and colleagues in Virginia.

Please support our endorsed slate of candidates with a contribution or with your time, and most importantly, with your vote in the election on Tuesday, November 6.

Help educate your family and friends about the importance of voting for candidates who will stand up to the gun lobby and support sensible gun laws.

Together, we can elect candidates who care about creating a safer Virginia by reducing gun violence in our communities.

Sincerely,

Paul Helmke, President
Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

Paid for by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence and not authorized by any candidate.

sjhipple

imported post

unrequited wrote:

is running uncontested... what do I do, just not vote for that race or write in myself?
No reason not to vote. Vote for the libertarian candidate if there is one (guaranteed anyone running on the Libertarian ticket is pro-gun)...or write in yourself.

IanB

imported post

unrequited wrote:

is running uncontested... what do I do, just not vote for that race or write in myself?
voteforpedro_ringer2.jpg

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'm writing myself in for the Virginia 44th House and the Virginia 36th Senate seats. Anyone else in those districts is welcome to write me in -- PM for correct spelling. Wouldn't it be a hoot if a write-in actually got, say, 100 or 200 votes -- enough to get the candidates to recognize the names?

Tomahawk

imported post

Tess wrote:
I'm writing myself in for the Virginia 44th House and the Virginia 36th Senate seats. Anyone else in those districts is welcome to write me in -- PM for correct spelling. Wouldn't it be a hoot if a write-in actually got, say, 100 or 200 votes -- enough to get the candidates to recognize the names?
PM'ing now. Vote for Tess!