• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FFX BoS to consider gun control agenda items for legislative agenda today

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Anyone want to attend this today? The 2 NOV one will probably be the last meeting before the agenda gets unveiled for the public to comment at a public hearing. I would like to organize a public protest outside the hearing when this hearing is held.

I will probably enter the building concealed and take off my jacket at my chair. Their is no public comment at this meeting, but Connolly and others often make candid anti-gun statements for benefit of those present, especially some County employees.

-----------------------------------------

Friday, Nov. 2, 2007

4 p.m.-Board of Supervisors Legislative Committee

Fairfax County Government Center - Rooms 9 and 10, 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax, VA

Event Contact: Katie Boyle, 703-324-2531, TTY 711

26 NOV - 5 p.m.-Board of Supervisors Legislative Committee (if needed)

Fairfax County Government Center - Rooms 9 and 10, 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax, VA

Event Contact: Katie Boyle, 703-324-2531, TTY 711

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dear General Assembly,

The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors would appreciate it if you would grant us the specific authority to create our own gun laws, so that your plan for gun laws to be consistent throughout the Commonwealth can be discombobulated. We want you to grant us this authority because the very word "gun" scares us so very much, and you would not believe the cleaning bills we incurr when we see a toy gun, let alone the real thing.

Oh, by the way! If you grant us this authority, every other political subdivision of the Commonwealth, along with just about every Commission, Board, and Agency in the Commonwalth will be coming to you next year whining about us getting special privileges and they want those special privileges too.

If you do not grant us this specific authority, we are going to hold our breath until we turn blue!

Love.

Fairfax County Board of Supervisors

IanB

imported post

So... Anything happen today? Any idiotic statements by BoS? I'm very interested in attending the public comments, just need more notice.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
So... Anything happen today? Any idiotic statements by BoS? I'm very interested in attending the public comments, just need more notice.
I did not make the meeting. Check the FFX County web site agenda for board meetings for hearing date.