Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC at Ron Paul Rally in Phila??

Post imported post

Any OC'ers going to the Ron Paul rally next weekend?? I'll be there but will CC, I've never been to a rally before and would imagine that OC would attract alot of unwanted attention.......

Post imported post

From some of the west-coast or mountain-region guys, they've had no problem OC'ing at his events before... depends on where this venue is held obviously.
    -Unrequited

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Lot's of folks were OCing at the Gun Rights Policy Conference in Norther KY a few weeks agio when Ron Paul visited - including when Ron visited teh Opencarry.org hospitality suite. No probelms to be had, even by the State troopers accompanying him.

There is nothing unlawful about OC in Philadelphia, provided you have a PA License to Carry Firearsm or officially recognized carry erpmit from another state.

Post imported post

UTOC-45-44 and I OC'd at the Salt Lake City Ron Paul rally. Were were noticed by two SLC police officers and Ron Paul's entourage and nobody said a word about it. UTOC-45-44 even had his photo taken next to Ron Paul with his Kimber on his side! Although the photo is a head shot, and the OC is was not pictured.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

This rally is in downtown Phila near Independence Mall. I am aware that I can OC however I prefer to keep a low profile.

Just wondering if anyone from this forum was going, and if they were going to OC

State Researcher

Post imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
    UTOC-45-44 and I OC'd at the Salt Lake City Ron Paul rally. Were were noticed by two SLC police officers and Ron Paul's entourage and nobody said a word about it. UTOC-45-44 even had his photo taken next to Ron Paul with his Kimber on his side! Although the photo is a head shot, and the OC is was not pictured.
    Bummer on the pic... but still cool! Finally, a Presidential candidate that doesn't think he needs to disarm everyone within a 20 mile radius of where he walks.

Ron Paul all the way baby! :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate

Post imported post

Ah, moving it to a place where OC won't necessarily result in getting unlawfully arrested and detained by police for days while getting beaten... Sounds like a move in the right direction to me.

Regardless, I've been to the Valley Forge Convention Center, and one wrong turn and you may end up in Norristown... so make sure to either CC or OC, just as long as you have a gun...

Post imported post

Ron Paul carries a kimber? I' m definatly voting for him. Sorry I'm a 1911 snob.

Post imported post

Sorry, I wrote that badly. UTOC-45-44 had a Kimber on HIS side while being photographed with Ron Paul. That would KICK ASS if Ron was packing!
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
    Sorry, I wrote that badly. UTOC-45-44 had a Kimber on HIS side while being photographed with Ron Paul. That would KICK ASS if Ron was packing!
    New bumper sticker?

What Would Ron Paul Carry? WWRPC

Post imported post

Thats OK I'm still voting for Ron.:celebrate

Post imported post

anyone going?

Post imported post

I carried openly during the Ron Paul rally in Cheyenne, Wyoming on the 28th of October. I even got a chance to shake hands with Dr. Paul. The police followed me around for a little while but left me alone once I greeted them and waved. One of the members of Ron Paul's staff offered his hand to me and said he saw "I was exhibiting my second amendment right." He then shared a story about a rally in New Hampshire, during which over fifty armed citizens posed with the presidential hopeful. "I'm glad their on our side." he told me.

Post imported post

BenjaminHare wrote:
    I carried openly during the Ron Paul rally in Cheyenne, Wyoming on the 28th of October. I even got a chance to shake hands with Dr. Paul. The police followed me around for a little while but left me alone once I greeted them and waved. One of the members of Ron Paul's staff offered his hand to me and said he saw "I was exhibiting my second amendment right." He then shared a story about a rally in New Hampshire, during which over fifty armed citizens posed with the presidential hopeful. "I'm glad their on our side." he told me.

Post imported post

Isn't the grounds of Independence Hall a National Park?

Post imported post

cato wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:
    Hall or Mall?
    Either. I used to live up in those parts, and I seem to recall that whole area had national park rangers all over it. There used to be a glass house with the Liberty Bell in it and the rangers would let people in to get close to it. Don't know if they still do; some jackhole took a ball peen hammer to it a few years ago, leaned over the velvet rope and whacked it several times before they grabbed him,so I imagine they're more protective of it now.

EDIT: TIME WARP, CATO!!! I answered your post before you posted, according to the forum clock.

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    Hall or Mall?

Post imported post

So... is it really a good thing that they moved it back to Independence Hall/Mall? I'm getting the impression that any male who doesn't have pale white skin may fall victim to harassment by the Philadelphia Paramilitary.

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    Very good question, here is a map http://www.nps.gov/inde/planyourvisi...d/INDEmap1.pdf

I assume if I am carry concealed and I wander onto National Park land I can be arrested if discovered?? Are they required to post signs to notify me that I am on NP land?

Post imported post

Much of the area is federal property and as such it is not legal to carry concealed oropen on that property.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

cshotsky wrote:
    Much of the area is federal property and as such it is not legal to carry concealed oropen on that property.
    It depends - gun carry is not banned onall federal property.

Post imported post

So my question remains- are there required to be signs notifying me when I am crossing into National Park land? I would feel better carrying my sidearm on the train/subway ride there, but also want to be able to attend the rally.....

Post imported post

Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast