• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at Ron Paul Rally in Phila??

cshotsky

imported post

Much of the area is federal property and as such it is not legal to carry concealed oropen on that property.

freesoul

imported post

So my question remains- are there required to be signs notifying me when I am crossing into National Park land? I would feel better carrying my sidearm on the train/subway ride there, but also want to be able to attend the rally.....

Jersey Ron

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
So... is it really a good thing that they moved it back to Independence Hall/Mall? I'm getting the impression that any male who doesn't have pale white skin may fall victim to harassment by the Philadelphia Paramilitary.

:uhoh:

Take it from me: You will get harassed, detained, relieved of your weapon and possibly worse. The Philadelphia Police department is the most ignorant of all Police Departments that I've come across in regards to OC laws. And this would definitely be a bad week as one of Philadelphia's Finest was murdered last week and laid to rest this past Wednesday. Tension is VERY high in Philly.

Jersey Ron

PS - And yes, if you don't have a lighter hue color, your ass is going to jail.

Tomahawk

imported post

Jersey Ron wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:
So... is it really a good thing that they moved it back to Independence Hall/Mall? I'm getting the impression that any male who doesn't have pale white skin may fall victim to harassment by the Philadelphia Paramilitary.

Take it from me: You will get harassed, detained, relieved of your weapon and possibly worse. The Philadelphia Police department is the most ignorant of all Police Departments that I've come across in regards to OC laws. And this would definitely be a bad week as one of Philadelphia's Finest was murdered last week and laid to rest this past Wednesday. Tension is VERY high in Philly.

Jersey Ron

True, the Philly cops are not exactly models of civil rights heroes, but if you've got the guts to stand up to them, and can stand the harassment,while being very careful to obey the law to the letter, more power to you. Change has to start somewhere, and there have been open-carry incidents in Philly posted here in the past.

imperialism2024

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Jersey Ron wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:

Jersey Ron

True, the Philly cops are not exactly models of civil rights heroes, but if you've got the guts to stand up to them, and can stand the harassment,while being very careful to obey the law to the letter, more power to you. Change has to start somewhere, and there have been open-carry incidents in Philly posted here in the past.
Rural PA OC gear: Handgun
Urban PA OC gear: Handgun, audio recorder
Philadelphia OC gear: Handgun, audio recorder, lawyer

:cry:

reefteach

imported post

I open carried at the Ft Mitchell Kentucky Ron Paul Rally without any problems, as did about a dozen other people. There were various security and LEOs there, and it was a non-issue.

Several OCDO, VCDL people can back that up.

freesoul

imported post

Just got back, got to meet Ron Paul and shake his hand while CC'ing :D

No signs indicating NP land. I didn't go into any of the buildings. Felt real safe in the subway.