• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Minors and Handguns

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

I'm having an issue finding the legislation... I'm having my nephew come down from Pennsylvania to spend the weekend with me later this month. He's expressed an interest in learning how to shoot, so I thought it would be nice to take him to the range. The thing is, he's a minor -- 15 or so, I believe.

Anyone happen to know if minors are legally allowed to use a handgun? Or link me to the statutes?

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

He's coming down to visit me (here in Delaware)... PA Statues are easy to find. Looking for the Delaware statutes.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

Excellent! He'll be here either on the weekend of the 17th or Dec 1st...

I, myself, will be at Ommelanden tomorrow around noonish if anyone is interested in meeting up. If so, drop me a PM and we'll coordinate. :)

dave_in_delaware

imported post

As long as it's supervised, you're OK. I mean, how many of us started shooting at an earlier age than 21?

My children have "handled" firearms ranging from a BB gun to a XD service model to a .22lr rifle (w/ scope) to a Mosin Nagant. Not shooting them, but just to "show" them how heavy they are and how they need to be "bigger" before learning to use them.

They do, however, know the rules of handling gunsand have great trigger finger discipline already. :cool: