• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Digital Recorder

Slowhand

imported post

I recall seeing a post somewhere on the forum a while ago where somebody posted a picture of a nice, compact, long playing, clear digital recorder that would be good for LEO encounters. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Slowhand

imported post

I know there is not much of a need here in Virginia for a recording device unless you live in Norfolk or go by the user name "Danbus" :lol:but I think it is a good thing to have.

dvas

imported post

I bought my first digital recorded just a month ago. THe purpose is wide, from recording conversations, lectures, phone talks,...

My wife liked it so much, that we ordered her another one just 2 weeks after and it is already here!

It is an Olympus DS-30. The sensitivity is great!!! I recommend it.

dvas

PS: we got both of them via eBay for around $80.

Mainsail

imported post

If you’re asking which one is the best, I think the Sony is the best. For crying out loud, it’s a freaking Sony. It’s just a company that’s been in the sound business for, like, 500 years or something. For some reason people keep recommending the one from a camera company. :quirky

sjhipple

imported post

Slowhand wrote:
I know there is not much of a need here in Virginia for a recording device unless you live in Norfolk or go by the user name "Danbus" :lol:but I think it is a good thing to have.

Then you obviously haven't read the threads very much. Plenty of people are detained while open carrying in all parts of Virginia. A few have been arrested (with one lawsuit pending).

Pay attention.