Thread: Hello fellow hoosiers

Post imported post

I just stumbled onto the site and figured I should introduce myself.

My wife and I have lived here in the Hammond/Highland area for about 5 years and still getting familiarwith the place... why is it so cold? :shock:

We open carry from time to time, places like Meijer, Potbellies, Target, gas stations and the south lake mall, never one incident (until last night but I'll make a post by itself). We've always been well received and until last never been challenged.

Glad to a place dedicated to our area.

Post imported post

Whats up? I think we have run across each other on some other forums

State Researcher

Post imported post

Prometheus wrote:

My wife and I have lived here in the Hammond/Highland area for about 5 years and still getting familiarwith the place... why is it so cold? :shock:

We open carry from time to time, places like Meijer, Potbellies, Target, gas stations and the south lake mall, never one incident (until last night but I'll make a post by itself). We've always been well received and until last never been challenged.

Good to see some more Indiana people! I myself live minutes away from Highland.

Some of the other people up here in NWI have contemplated an OC lunch, would be nice to get a bunch of us together.

Where is the post about the trouble you had?

Post imported post

openryan wrote:
    Prometheus wrote:

Good to see some more Indiana people! I myself live minutes away from Highland.

Some of the other people up here in NWI have contemplated an OC lunch, would be nice to get a bunch of us together.

Where is the post about the trouble you had?
    It was at Cabelas and not a 'big deal'.

My wife and I went back and spoke with management and they called corporate for offical policy. Brain the Floor Manager said it was perfectly fine with Cabelas to open or concealed carry in Cabelas. I asked that he inform the staff at their next meeting so they are all on teh same page and he said he would.

An interseting side note, he too has a handgun permit... he didn't realize until that day that OC was legal with it. I had him talk to the Hammond police that were at the front door to clarify that before he called corporate. The guy thought I was loopy, ha!

Anyway, my wife and I have been meaning to eat at Cabelas for lunch an OC lunch woudl be great... I've been dying to try some Ostrich