• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm taking a break from the boards

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I'm glad to see Longwatch changed his mind about the BMWAG arrest thread; it looks like the thread is back up.

Funny, I thought I started this thread in the CA section... my intent was to let the local guys know where I would be disappearing to. Either I mistakenly made the post here or it was moved; doesn't matter either way I guess, as it looks like the CA guys found it.

Pa. Patriot wrote:
...it is almost always the same two goofs that get the threads locked by baiting with their scewed logic (or should we say lack of).

Rather than locking threads maybe the trouble making anti-OC and pro police abuse posters should be warned/banned?

Just a suggestion.
I would prefer not to have that much cencorship... However, if someone is genuinely off-topic or flaming, I agree that the more logical form of cencorship is to snuff out those individuals (rather than making entire threads disappear).

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
I would prefer not to have that much cencorship... However, if someone is genuinely off-topic or flaming, I agree that the more logical form of cencorship is to snuff out those individuals (rather than making entire threads disappear).

What bugs me is when threads or posts or people just disappear with no clue why. A simple explanation as to why such action was taken would likely remove that annoyance.

It does seem curious that in the several years I have been following this forum, it would seem there has been as much moderation in the last few weeks as in the previous few years.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I do not want to delete posts unless its some truly outrageous stuff, I don't like censorship either. Locking a thread seems to work best at stopping folks from yelling at each other without removing what they had to say. Seems if I do it temporarily, tempers go down and we all can get get back to a rational discussion.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

I think being a mod is somewhat similar to being a LEO: no matter what you do, someone is always going to be upset with you.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I can live with it somewhat, I figure I have good people spot checking me, and my position can always be removed by Mike and John so I can't go to power crazy.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
Mainsail wrote:
A Truism: Any forum that attempts to promote reasonable and intelligent discussion of firearms and firearms rights will inevitably have closet anarchists and anti-government tinfoil hat wearing psychos attempting to compel everyone towards their paranoid viewpoint.

It’s all a conspiracy, the ‘man’ isn’t going to let you speak. We’ve heard it all before.
Ah, so we anarchists are behind it, then?

:celebrate

I forgot, the Second Amendment really implies the Right to Hunt. There's no reasonable way to read that as a check on overzealous government...
'Truism' has two quite disparate meanings; self-evident and banal cliché. I wonder which was intended.

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

How about a section called Free Fire Zone where you can say or talk about anything? What the moderators could do it open a topic for everyone to vote if they want it. If you think the moderators here have aheavy hand you should try The High Road. Which went from a great board to crappy.