• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What's your funniest OC story?

Ghettokracker71

imported post

LOL. Great thread.

The craziest thing that ever happened to me,was like one of the first time I've ever OCed,taco bell MAJORLY screwed up my order,and yet argued with me about it for like 10 minutes in a room full of customers. I was just shocked that they cared so little that they'd straight up lie to my face looking into my eyes clearly after eyeing my firearm

Stealth Potato

imported post

ChinChin wrote:
“No Mister Danvers, while his majesty has proclaimed that any possession of pistol or musket is forbade and forbidden, these rabble pose no serious threat to either King nor Crown. For these colonist to believe they could ever stand up to the might of his Majesty’s fine fighting men would be madness and that of sheer folly. No. . .we will allow this one to keep his pistol.” The Major then leaned in very close to me, so that only I could hear him and whispered to me “For now.”

He then walked back to the front of the squad and marched them along back down the street.
I am suddenly struck with an overwhelming desire to move to Virginia.

...Or at least to visit Colonial Williamsburg someday. :p

Ghettokracker71

imported post

Stealth Potato wrote:
ChinChin wrote:
“No Mister Danvers, while his majesty has proclaimed that any possession of pistol or musket is forbade and forbidden, these rabble pose no serious threat to either King nor Crown. For these colonist to believe they could ever stand up to the might of his Majesty’s fine fighting men would be madness and that of sheer folly. No. . .we will allow this one to keep his pistol.” The Major then leaned in very close to me, so that only I could hear him and whispered to me “For now.”

He then walked back to the front of the squad and marched them along back down the street.
I am suddenly struck with an overwhelming desire to move to Virginia.

...Or at least to visit Colonial Williamsburg someday. :p

agreed. I'd love to goto col. williamsburg and OC.

OC day? anybody

Carpetbagger

Campaign Veteran
imported post

dngreer wrote:
Carpetbagger wrote:
Back when I lived in a small town in Massachusetts,
Welcome to OCDO! Hilarious story and I am sure it is a very small town, because that's about the only way the chief is pulling someone to give them a message. :lol:

Thanks for the welcome!

The town had about 5000 residents when I lived there. I certainly didn't know everyone in town, but it seemed that way.

Tess -the town is West Boylston, just outside of Worcester. But I have been in and around Lennox. It is a beautiful part of the state. And I have driven the "turnpike from Stockbridge to Boston" (gratuitous James Taylor reference)!

Tomahawk

imported post

OC in Williamsburg. Sounds cool. I was there a few years ago, and I think the gunsmith and royal governor's mansion were the coolest things. They actually make entire muskets there, not just assemble parts. And the mansion has more guns in it than I've ever seen. The walls are literally lined with Brown Bess muskets. It is said that when the revoluion started the royal gov. went into exile aboard a ship and abandoned his mansion. I bet the local Virginia militia companies were shortly thereafter among the best armed militiamen in the country!

paramedic70002

imported post

Mmmm...Williamsburg....

While I live only a couple hours away, I've never doen the tourist thing there, I understand that it is a bit pricier than some other distractions. While I abhor the fact that such an historical area uses commercial rates, I can see how they need to keep the place operational.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Meanwhile back to the thread:

Yesterday, while grabbing a late lunch at a local fast food establishment, an employee behind the counter said, I don't like those" - looking at my OC weapon.

To which I replied, "So if your hair was on fire, you'd prefer to call 911?"
I left her slack jawed while a fellow worker giggled and ate my meal in peace.

Yata hey

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Somewhere on this board I've posted this before.

OCing at the Sams Club near Potomac Mills. Spouse too.

I needed a new cell phone, but had been putting it off -- no one makes one like I want. I stopped by the cell phone kiosk, though. The display was three-sided, and there was a woman in the middle, looking at phones. I sort of stood behind her, looking around her.

She turned (turned out it was an employee), and did a double take. Thinking she had just been startled by my presence, I started to say "excuse me" when she said "You scared me. Twice." I asked "Twice?" and she said "Yes. I didn't know there was someone there. And you have a gun." I asked why she'd be scared by the gun - and she didn't know. It ended up being a very positive experience, but she may have gone to put on clean underwear as soon as she could take a break.

Lthrnck

imported post

Now guys, the OC to Williamsburg sounds fun... But we should all bring our long rifles and have our own little formation and march up to the British and Stand Our Ground.. LOL...

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

Ghettokracker71 wrote:
LOL. Great thread.

The craziest thing that ever happened to me,was like one of the first time I've ever OCed,taco bell MAJORLY screwed up my order,and yet argued with me about it for like 10 minutes in a room full of customers. I was just shocked that they cared so little that they'd straight up lie to my face looking into my eyes clearly after eyeing my firearm
That is actually a great thing. When they treat someone differently based upon skin color, age, sex or weaponry it is due to prejudice. They were rude to you - just like they are to everyone else.
Yeah! We are becoming ordinary! :celebrate

LoveMyCountry

sjhipple

imported post

LoveMyCountry wrote:
Ghettokracker71 wrote:
LOL. Great thread.

That is actually a great thing. When they treat someone differently based upon skin color, age, sex or weaponry it is due to prejudice. They were rude to you - just like they are to everyone else.
Yeah! We are becoming ordinary! :celebrate

LoveMyCountry
+1

The only situation in which I want to be treated differently for the exercise of my rights is when a criminal is deciding who his next victim will be

sjhipple

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
AbNo wrote:
This thread's been quiet for a while. Here's an old story to revive it.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=3995&forum_id=54&highlight=permit+abno

Search for "The Dad".
Can you be more specific, maybe direct link.
My search did not yeild anything that seemed directly related.
Yata hey
GS, depress Ctrl+F and type in "The Dad" (without the quotation marks) and your computer will highlight the first instance. That's the beginning of the story.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Ama-gi - appreciate that - I have learned a new trick that I was previously not aware of - "control f" Thanks.

It would appear that Abno was both carrying openly and concealed that day - normal I would hope.:D Good story.

Yata hey