Thread: New CCW permit applicant

Post imported post

I am new to the ccw process I have heard horror stories of the Philadelphia appilcation process thats what has detered me but with patience in hand & anotherdose in my pocket just in case I will be there first thing tommrow morning...WISH ME LUCK??? PLEASE I will keep you all informed of my progress.....

Post imported post

best of luck,,,keep us informed,,

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Make sure you pay attention to any request for yoiur SSN - see if they warn you disclosure is nbot required; make sure you do not disclose your SSN - write "not disclose, if any" in the SSN blank. A federal Judge ruled in Stollenwerk v. Miller in 2206 that SSns could not be requed in PA gun control. See http://www.paed.uscourts.gov/documen...s/06D0225P.pdf.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Oh, and if you are up for it, REFUSE to submit to fingerprinting - State law does not allow it.

Post imported post

How'd it go? Interesting that the process is different in Philly than in Lancaster. Lancaster was an application and $25 and less than two weeks later a yellow card came in the mail telling me I was approved and needed to get my picture taken for the ID.