• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

District of Columbia gives up trying to capture/arrest criminals themselves

nickerj1

imported post

I almost died from laughter after I found out about this.

http://www.dcsafesurrender.org/

Pure genius. 530 people have turned themselves in for arrest in the past three days, according to the local DC NBC station.

From the looks of it, a judge just shakes their finger at them, says "Don't do this again", and lets them go.

unrequited

imported post

Ridiculous, I hears something on NPR a couple weeks back about this and they didn't mention a single negative, instead highlighting the number of warrants served, blah blah.

imperialism2024

imported post

...and those 530 people who turned themselves in get put on the list of "people most likely to attempt an armed robbery in a police station during the day." I'm post a funny picture, but a certain poster might be unhappy if one of these criminals dies...