Thread: Identity Theft

Post imported post

Pardon if this is a bit off topic. We all use the 2A to protect our families but don't forget about Identity Theft protection as well. We transmit a lot of data in the pursuit of filing for a permit & there is the added risk of robbery & home invasion.

You can get more info on my site below under Books / Services > Identity Theft

Hope this helps.

LINK DELETED

Post imported post

hmmmm, 2 posts, 2 advertisements for your website.........
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
    hmmmm, 2 posts, 2 advertisements for your website.........
    Hmmmmm, too.

Guy introduces himself as Mr. Reynolds....

Seems like he might be violating Rule 3.

Unless he is a MemberModerator, of course.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Correction to yet another inaccurate post full of venom. I never posted my link in a single post or thread. Try to understand the concept of actually advertising and POSTING, ok? That was and is my homepage. Don't like it, don't visit! I never asked you to. THAT would be wrong.

Actually YOU violated Rule 3 by posting my homepage linkso YOU violated the forum's rules, yet again.

Post imported post

BobCav wrote:
    Correction to yet another inaccurate post full of venom. I never posted my link in a single post or thread. Try to understand the concept of actually advertising and POSTING, ok? That was and is my homepage. Don't like it, don't visit! I never asked you to. THAT would be wrong.

Actually YOU violated Rule 3 by posting my homepage linkso YOU violated the forum's rules, yet again.

That's incorrect. Rule 3 reads:

3) Links to spam/membership sites not related directly to firearms are NOT allowed under any circumstances!

What is it about under any circumstances that you do not understand, Bob?

The ruledoes not (and should not) refer solely to posting a link.

A common technique of spammers is to set up bots to register on forums and to include their link on the registrant's profile. This allows the indexing spiders to pick up the link on the site and is beneficial to the spammer.

Surely you know this. It's Internet Basics 101. The idea is to have that link show up in as many places as possible--regardless of whether it's in a post, information page,or on a profile. The fact that the link is on the site is all that matters.

The concept is quite similar to the MLMstrategy of "Go wide, fast!" I'm sure you're familiar with that!

$20K per month in 18 months TOPS!, eh?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Again, it's not a SPAM site or a membership site you dolt! Are you really this stupid?

You have no idea what the company is, where it's been, where it's headed, so that is yet another unqualified statement. Yep, I'll stop back and post a pdf of a check, just for a giggle. CYA!

Small minds, stuck in the past.

Attached Files Attached Files

Post imported post

Why is this thread still here?

Post imported post

I wish there was an "eating popcorn" smilie...

Post imported post

Now, I am NOT a modrerator on this forum, but I have been for several years on two others. However IF I were on here, this is how I would view this debate;

The OCDO Forum Rules of Conduct (FROC) seems to be pretty easy to understand. Rule Number 3 states;

3) Links to spam/membership sites not related directly to firearms are NOT allowed under any circumstances!

Now many would take that to mean links in threads. But since it states under any circumstances it must be taken literally to mean anyplace on the forum with no exception allowed for anyone by anyone.Even then, the site mentioned in BobCav's profiledoes not appear to be;

• a spam site
    • a site thatpromoting/advertising any sort of membership

So Hank Trool's posting of it also did not violate any forum rules.

However since you can't view anything on BobCav's site without giving some personal information,I suspect it's not generating much traffic, so posting it anywhere seems rather pointless to me. Personally I would never enter my personal information on any site that I couldn't preview first. But still, it's not a membership site.

So this constant referencing it as a Rules Violation is unfounded. As well as being stupid and childish. It's a dead horse that I feel certain will continue to be beaten.