• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bad cops whine about lack of respect

ne1

imported post

It's known in police circles as professional courtesy, and now there's a website where cops complain about other cops who won't extend that courtesy:

http://www.copswritingcops.com/home.html

If I was a LEO I wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry. The reads are definitely entertaining, though.

PavePusher

imported post

Yeah, I saw this one too. I think part of the problem may ofthese folks have is that they go into these situations expecting preferential treatment. That is usually enough to set me off on the wrong foot when I run across it in the military. My being in the A.F. has occasionally gotten me some perks, but I never enter a situation expecting, demanding or even asking for them. Sounds like some of these folks need to do the same. It also sounds like a lot of them need to start setting a better example and slow the hell down...

expvideo

imported post

I'm so disappointedin law enforcement. Every one of those "above the law" cops that admit to letting other cops break the law should be fired.

nathan

imported post

If it isn't, why do cops expect us to follow the law if they won't?? They should be held to a higher standard than an 'average' citizen but insteadtheywink at each others' lawlessness.

unrequited

imported post

Like it or not, it's what it is... I know my doctor visits when I was a kid were free because my mom's an ER nurse and knows all the Doc's personally. Do I think that should extend to public servants? No... but it does.

When I was back up in Jersey as a rowdy teenager, I got out of a couple minor speeding tickets just for being an EMT and in one case the officer didn't even ask me for identification, just said, "Chris, slow down and stop driving like an ass... you don't want your crew to scrape you up someday." I knew almost all of the local cops in a 10-mile radius because our volunteer corp served multiple towns.

ne1

imported post

If cops would just obey the law (like they expect everyone else to do) then there would be no need for other cops to look the other way.

American Rattlesnake

imported post

nathan wrote:
If it isn't, why do cops expect us to follow the law if they won't?? They should be held to a higher standard than an 'average' citizen but insteadtheywink at each others' lawlessness.

Easy there...they should be held to the same standard. We are equals.

expvideo

imported post

ne1 wrote:
If cops would just obey the law (like they expect everyone else to do) then there would be no need for other cops to look the other way.

No kidding!

I was working at a nightclub once and I was standing at the entrance talking to the bouncer when I saw a guy taking two beers outside with him to smoke (illegal in washington state to take your drink outside the bar). I told him that he couldn't take the beer outside, so he showed me a Seattle Police badge! I looked at him angrily and said "It's still illegal, and you know better". Drunk a**hole probably had his gun on him too. Anyway the same group of off duty Seattle cops (having a bachelor party for a fellow cop) trashed our club, got in a fight, and we had to kick them out. They went to the bar across the street and got kicked out of there too, slamming the door violently and threatening people as they left.

Yeah, I'm not really a huge fan of cops that think they are in some way above the law.