• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LASER GRIPS LG 305

watchmaker

imported post

[align=center]LASER GRIPS MODEL LG 305[/b][/align]
[align=center]FOR J FRAME SMITH AND WESSON[/b][/align]
[align=center][/b][/align]
Hi guys,

I have been using a Crimson Trace laser grip in my model 36 Chief Special for the last year and a half. Now that I have more time for extended visits to the range, I have been shooting my old Chief Special quite a bit, the point of impact of the laser haven’t change in using more than 400 rounds of 125 grains ammo.

Years ago I used to practice shooting from the hip with the model 36, but never get to be any good when the distance was more than 9 yards. Now with the laser grips I get consistent quick hits up to 15 yards shooting with my hand supported in the middle of my belly.

laserlg305.jpg

No all the firing I do at practice is with live ammo, I use dummies to dry fire the gun a lot, the laser tell me where I am impacting in the target.

I have had this gun for 25 years, it used to be my ankle holster back up gun when I was working at the store, now that I am retired and not longer dealing with expensive merchandise, it rest in an upside down Berns Martin holster style in my left shoulder when I am in need of carrying light.

I recently recommended this grip to a friend of mine that at 75 years old can not longer see the regular iron sights, he is also very happy with his unit.

laserbeam.jpg

To me the great benefit of the laser grips is the shooting I can do without exposing myself to return gunfire, as long as I have a little crack or hole in the barricade from where I can see the opponent, and stick my handgun, out.

Now if I just can convince Crimson Trace to make one for the Colt Anaconda .44 Mag, that I plan to use in an Alaskan fly fishing trip sometime in the future, I will be really happy.

All the best

Watchmaker

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

watchmaker wrote:
[align=center]LASER GRIPS MODEL LG 305[/b][/align]

[align=center]FOR J FRAME SMITH AND WESSON[/b][/align]

[align=center][/b][/align]
Hi guys,

I have been using a Crimson Trace laser grip in my model 36 Chief Special for the last year and a half. Now that I have more time for extended visits to the range, I have been shooting my old Chief Special quite a bit, the point of impact of the laser haven’t change in using more than 400 rounds of 125 grains ammo.

Years ago I used to practice shooting from the hip with the model 36, but never get to be any good when the distance was more than 9 yards. Now with the laser grips I get consistent quick hits up to 15 yards shooting with my hand supported in the middle of my belly.

Hey, that's a nice M36 you got there, pardner. Great little gun...

I have the LG-205 grips on my carry J-frame and agree that CTC grips and practice make it a sweet PD platform. I practice shooting out to 25-30 feet with the laser only. It really does take some practice to do that and not to try to use the iron sights. I don't shoot from the belly, but from a higher position with my arms partially extended in front of me. Double action only, too.

With practice, one can be pretty darn accurate with CTC grips.Moreaccuracy than you're likely to ever need in a PD situation, including one handed shooting.

I'm in theprocess ofshifting over to a 1911for carry and just ordered some CTC grips for that. I'm a big advocate for this technology oneither revos or semi-autos. It's prettydman effective.

spurrit

imported post

watchmaker wrote:
I recently recommended this grip to a friend of mine that at 75 years old can not longer see the regular iron sights, he is also very happy with his unit.

Hell, when you're 75, you'll probably be thrilled if your unit is still working, too!