• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton Roads - OC reports

ODA 226

imported post

PointofView wrote:
I conceal carried in Kuwait City at Starbucks and some Syrianjoint yesterday and nobody noticed. I also so a rich guy with a red Ferrari get out and leave it running while he ran to grab some joe. Yes, this would not take place in many US cities.
Who do you work for and what kindof licensing/ authorizationdo you have to carry off base in Kuwait City?

SaltH2OHokie

imported post

Walmart in Suffolk (Harbor View) tonight for 45ish minutes while picking up last minute Thanksgiving supplies and random Christmas gifts. Hardly anyone even seemed to give it second look.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Bridget and I OC'd most of the day all over the place. Hampton Wallyworld (no .45 ammo) :(, then to Bass Pro and picked up 200 rnds for $80. Stopped at Lowes "next door" to get 1" x 2"s and small nails (tacks) for range target holders. While walking out, I saw a guy ahead of me OCing a pistol in a leather "pancake" holster on his right hip, but he was too far away for me to tactfully say something.

Was it anyone here?

Craig: Check PM's...

PointofView

imported post

wylde007 wrote:
PointofView wrote:
I conceal carried in Kuwait City at Starbucks and some Syrianjoint yesterday and nobody noticed.
Umm, isn't that kinda the point?:?

Political "parties" are like middle school cliques. I don't really need to expound on that. Either you get it or you don't.
Well I was doing it correct then I suppose. Just say good job!

PointofView

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
PointofView wrote:
I conceal carried in Kuwait City at Starbucks and some Syrianjoint yesterday and nobody noticed. I also so a rich guy with a red Ferrari get out and leave it running while he ran to grab some joe. Yes, this would not take place in many US cities.
Who do you work for and what kindof licensing/ authorizationdo you have to carry off base in Kuwait City?
Its all legal.. just not for the citizens in this country.. Now isn't that something?

IamMick

imported post

mpg9999 wrote:
OC'd to 7-11 today on Armistead, near Langley AFB, as I have many times before. As I was paying for my purchase the cashier said unless I have a badge, I can't carry there. I asked him if it was corporate policy and he said yes. I asked for the managers name then left. They are not posted, which of course I did not point out. Anyone had any problems with 7-11 in the past?
Hey everybody took a break from OCDO but I am back now. MPG I have open carried at that 7-11 several times with no problems. No new developments except applied for my CC permit in hampton and they weren't allowing fingerprinting except for Mon-Wed but it payed off because I went to high school with the person doing the fingerprinting lol. At Farm Fresh about 3 weeks ago, no incident but cashier looked at my strong side and asked "Is that thing real?" I replied "Yes it is" she asked "Are you with the police department?" I said "No I just prefer to carry" and she said "Wow I didn't know you could do that" Glad to be back on OCDO hope everyone is having a great Turkey Day. I'm stuck on an Aircraft Carrier but they had a really nice spread and I ate myself into a turkey and stuffing coma. Wish everyone a Happy Holidays and hope to hear from ya guys :)

Mick

MSC 45ACP

imported post

I've read somewhere (on OCDO I thought) that Southland Corp. has a similar position to WalMart's: They go with the laws of the state in which they are located.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

I've OCd in MANY 7-11's and WAWAs(includinga 7-11near Buckroe beach about 1930 this evening).

ODA 226

imported post

PointofView wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:
PointofView wrote:
Its all legal.. just not for the citizens in this country.. Now isn't that something?
Please cite for truth. And who supplied your weapon?

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Craig:

Planning to go shooting in your AOR tomorrow, but weather looks nasty. I think I'll still be going and check the on scene weather when we get there. Need to put rounds downrange.

You up?

mike

ODA 226

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
Craig:

Planning to go shooting in your AOR tomorrow, but weather looks nasty. I think I'll still be going and check the on scene weather when we get there. Need to put rounds downrange.

You up?

mike

Mike,

Just got the PM.

Craig

paramedic70002

imported post

Southland Corp (7-11) has historically been anti-gun. Big contributor to the Joyce Foundation and one of the earliest employers to prohibit employee carry. May be due to the fact that a lot of their clerks got blown away in robberies before they figured out how to minimize such things. Of course now crack junkies and soulless youths will blow you away just for fun.

PointofView

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
PointofView wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:
PointofView wrote:

I brought my weapon from home station as did all 13 of us in my office. I have a concealed carry permit issued by the USAF. It Cites USC 1585 and AFI 31-207.

On another note I will goto countries that we are technically not in as my profession requires. I can am required to carry concealed in these countries that we are not in, and work out of a hotel or rented house. Trust me I am okay. Also my job unlike most here often afford me travel that others are not allowed. I am part of an outside the wire profession that attaches to special forces, convoys, red horse, Marines, or could be required to hop from FOB to FOB if managing a DCMA or AFCAP contract.

I am not sure why this is a big deal but my weapon was authorized on NATO orders.

ODA 226

imported post

PointofView wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:
PointofView wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:
PointofView wrote:

I brought my weapon from home station as did all 13 of us in my office. I have a concealed carry permit issued by the USAF. It Cites USC 1585 and AFI 31-207.

On another note I will goto countries that we are technically not in as my profession requires. I can am required to carry concealed in these countries that we are not in, and work out of a hotel or rented house. Trust me I am okay. Also my job unlike most here often afford me travel that others are not allowed. I am part of an outside the wire profession that attaches to special forces, convoys, red horse, Marines, or could be required to hop from FOB to FOB if managing a DCMA or AFCAP contract.

I am not sure why this is a big deal but my weapon was authorized on NATO orders.
So are you active military or civilian?

pyite

imported post

asked to leave the ross in jefferson commons. called the district manager - ed something. he seemed completely clueless about the laws in virginia as well as the ross corporate policy. will never shop there again.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Yesterday... Had a good time at the range with family members. Dad was great with my 2 youngest kids. Shannon is almost 13 and now wants to start shooting in the local youth league and Sean (10) had fun and seems interested, but not as "motivated" as his older sister. They both enjoyed shooting the AK, but really loved shooting dad's old Remington Mod 511. Sean shot ONE round with the "Midget Cricket" (Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II) and was very suprised. He still managed a center-mass shot at15 yards on a TransTar I (reduced size) target. It truly suprised him.
He wanted to shoot it because of the laser :quirky. Go figure. Guess he thought a "laser-gun" would have little or no recoil. Now he knows better. He shot 3 rounds through the AK; kept them center mass, and 3 rounds with big sister'sGlock 21, also center mass. Good fun was had by all and the little ones actually learned something. Looks like one (or both) will be starting in the local junior .22 rifle league.

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Pagan

imported post

Friday night, OC'd to Texas Roadhouse in York county, Saturday Night Chilis in Great Bridge, then to the Hometown Hero's sports pub for about 6 hours while I watched 6 local rock bands, my kin play in two of them, no problems, only one girl said anything, and it was a complement.

PointofView

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
PointofView wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:
PointofView wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:
PointofView wrote:

No more questions. Too much information and I have no idea where you are going with this. What is the problem there tiger?

IamMick

imported post

Hey kinda an unrelated topic but I joined the Virginia Citizens Defense League but haven't gotten any information or anything from them. Do we get anything or is it like here's 25 dollars and thanks.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

PointofView wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:
No more questions. Too much information and I have no idea where you are going with this. What is the problem there tiger?
Me thinks a nerve has been struck...Is someone doing something illegal? Wouldn't be the first time. Be careful over there, "tiger"... ;)