• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton Roads - OC reports

DJEEPER

Which Yorktown bank do you use, DJEEPER?
Bayport Credit Union (no signs posted or anything. never had anything but smiles. I make sure i keep my hands up on the counter as i conduct business to keep them at ease if i sense an unsettling)

BTW:

I could perfectly honestly & with a straight face answer,
No, it's a 17.
Let him puzzle that one out... (Glock model 17.)

haha, thats funny :D

DJEEPER

The "Bike Shop Guy"? Not as colorful a handle as say, Paladin, but it does seem that your reputation is spreading. Does your G/F know about this interaction with the "friendly teller"? And to think you could have used the drive up.

Keep up the good work:banana:

haha, I will take "Bike Shop Guy" over "Crazy gun wielding wackjob" any day. The *cough* fiancee *wink* and I waited outside in the truck until said sketchy guy came out. I told her the story as we waited.

ocholsteroc

haha, I will take "Bike Shop Guy" over "Crazy gun wielding wackjob" any day. The *cough* fiancee *wink* and I waited outside in the truck until said sketchy guy came out. I told her the story as we waited.

I once saw a sketchy person walk into walmart, I was in like the first lane, he comes in sun glasses and hoody over face. He just randomly walks up the bread aisle and then I didn't see him again.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I once saw a sketchy person walk into walmart, I was in like the first lane, he comes in sun glasses and hoody over face. He just randomly walks up the bread aisle and then I didn't see him again.

I've seen a few looking like their intent was to do "cashless" shopping. :uhoh:

wolf-father

Wow must have been shady people day yesterday. Mine started with a man yelling out his car window at wal-mart "They are going to give you a hard time and kick you out for haveing that in there." then he continued to tell me he had one in in a shoulder holster and he get told to leave. (BMWG) It peaked my intrest. So I had a couple of cards so I went back to talk to him. Then I went from a low green state to a deep red when he grabed his blinged out glock out of his car. hight cap. mag and laser grip and HPs. All he kept asking about was so this is a gun club (refering to the web sites on the card) And I was like no it is like a local NRA. Then I excussed my self and left.

Last edited:

45acpForMe

The only problem with being known as Bike Shop Guy is in our world of acronymphomania you will shortly be referred to as the BS Guy! :eek:

Heading to Japan Samurai for lunch with my two daughters and two P220's. :dude: I am debating which is cheaper to feed....

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Heading to Japan Samurai for lunch with my two daughters and two P220's. :dude: I am debating which is cheaper to feed....

lol!

Is one running a 22lr con kit?

Going have to start calling you dual open carrier.

:p

The two P220's are, I think, on his two daughters hips, one each...:question:

That is unless he has forsaken his screen name - that would be a sacrilege. :D

45acpForMe

lol!

Is one running a 22lr con kit?

Going have to start calling you dual open carrier.

:p

No they are both 45acp. One rides in my SERPA and the other is my BUG in a pocket holster (P220 Compact). So only one is OC the other is CC.

My kids are definitely more expensive to feed since they eat non-stop whereas I only feed my Sig's once a week or so. ;-)

I would dual-open-carry since I have a left-handed-SERPA for the P220 but figure it would be over the top a bit. I feel naked with only one gun so I usually have two on me. :)

ETA: I had a nice conversation with the waitress/owner of Japan Samurai. She was talking about her friend/husband (language barrier was a bit confusing) that loved guns and went to gun shows etc. Get this, she actually said that he owns 12 guns!!!!! She asked me how many I have and I said more-than-12. :) She said she was very afraid to simply touch a gun and I suggested have her (friend/husband) break one down and show her how the pieces fit together and being unloaded it was no more dangerous than a hammer. She was amazed when I told her both my daughters shot/target-practice and we talked about calibers and different guns they use. She really liked my Sig P220 Elite Stainless and thought her (friend/husband) had the same model but the rosewood grips might have her thinking of so many others that use rosewood. The language barrier made it a bit difficult to talk and a few questions/statements from me got interpretted into totally different ones so the answers were all about her (friend/husband) and his collection rather than her gun experiences or lack of. My daughters were growing a bit impatient and a couple of other customers came in so our conversation had to end so the cook could feed us properly. :)

Last edited:

45acpForMe

The two P220's are, I think, on his two daughters hips, one each...:question:

That is unless he has forsaken his screen name - that would be a sacrilege. :D

My daughters are 12 and 15 so they don't OC... yet! When they were little I would carry them around, one on each hip but since they can walk by themselves now I felt hip-naked so replaced them with OC-ing. :)

"TWO45acpForMe" :p

Funny! I would have to leave the "TWO" off because if I was dual-OC-ing there still may be a BUG somewhere.

The vast majority of my collection is 45acp but I do have some other calibers that suit there purpose in smaller CC modes. Plus there are the guns that I would have never bought for myself but let my daughters use like the Walther P22. After doing all the caliber research and coming to a decision, my 45acp decision was strongly influenced by my Dad's 1911 and the WWII standard issue. I figure if it worked for him it would work for me. :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
My daughters are 12 and 15 so they don't OC... yet! When they were little I would carry them around, one on each hip but since they can walk by themselves now I felt hip-naked so replaced them with OC-ing. :)
)

My bad - think I was confusing you and your 2 daughters with MSC 45ACP and his girls.

To whom do I owe the apology? :lol:

45acpForMe

My bad - think I was confusing you and your 2 daughters with MSC 45ACP and his girls.

To whom do I owe the apology? :lol:

Only one of MSC 45acp's daughters OC-ed but she is temporarily forced to disarm because of the college "POLICY". So I think neither of us have an OC-ing daughter right now. My girls seem to prefer CC and I would guess on their 21st birthday they would appreciate a CC gun. Between 18 and 21 I will have my work cut out for me to have them OC. Time will tell.

No apoligies needed. Mike and I get confused online but I am the one carrying the Sig P220 and he is the one carrying the Kimber Ultracrimson Carry.... if we ever are in the same room you can tell us apart that way. :)

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Only one of MSC 45acp's daughters OC-ed but she is temporarily forced to disarm because of the college "POLICY". So I think neither of us have an OC-ing daughter right now. My girls seem to prefer CC and I would guess on their 21st birthday they would appreciate a CC gun. Between 18 and 21 I will have my work cut out for me to have the OC. Time will tell.

No apoligies needed. Mike and I get confused online but I am the one carrying the Sig P220 and he is the one carrying the Kimber Ultracrimson Carry.... if we ever are in the same room you can tell us apart that way. :)

Bring them up to the VCDL picnic in Chesterfield/Richmond on August 6th from 11-2:00 at Pocahantas State Park- they'll get to see lots of females OCing and have a blast -plenty of other kids on hand too.

In fact bring the whole crew from Hampton Roads/Tidewater - would be good to see you all again. :D

HTML:
To celebrate the Governor McDonnell's directive earlier this  year to  allow both open and concealed carry in State Parks, VCDL is having a   picnic on Saturday, August 6th, at the Pocahontas State Park in Chesterfield  county from 11 AM to 2 PM.

Address:
10301 State Park  Road
Chesterfield Court House, VA 23832

The picnic is open to  the public and is free (there is a $5 parking fee  that the parks charge for each vehicle entering the park), but waived  this year if you are active duty or retired military.

If you are planning on attending, please RSVP  to: picnics@vcdl.org

Use a subject line that say "Attending" followed by the number in your party, like  this, "Attending 3"

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Only one of MSC 45acp's daughters OC-ed but she is temporarily forced to disarm because of the college "POLICY". So I think neither of us have an OC-ing daughter right now. My girls seem to prefer CC and I would guess on their 21st birthday they would appreciate a CC gun. Between 18 and 21 I will have my work cut out for me to have the OC. Time will tell.

Bring them up to the VCDL picnic in Chesterfield/Richmond on August 6th from 11-2:00 at Pocahantas State Park- they'll get to see lots of females OCing and have a blast -plenty of other kids on hand too.

In fact bring the whole crew from Hampton Roads/Tidewater - would be good to see you all again. :exclaim:

To celebrate the Governor McDonnell's directive earlier this year to allow both open and concealed carry in State Parks, VCDL is having a picnic on Saturday, August 6th, at the Pocahontas State Park in Chesterfield county from 11 AM to 2 PM.

Address:
10301 State Park Road
Chesterfield Court House, VA 23832

The picnic is open to the public and is free (there is a $5 parking fee that the parks charge for each vehicle entering the park), but waived this year if you are active duty or retired military.

If you are planning on attending, please RSVP to: picnics@vcdl.org

Use a subject line that says "Attending" followed by the number in your party, like this, "Attending 3"

45acpForMe

In fact bring the whole crew from Hampton Roads/Tidewater - would be good to see you all again. :exclaim:

I had considered the picnic until I found out the dates of my daughters cheer camp. They both will be in it 9am-3pm and I am their ride. :-(

I hope this picnic isn't as hot as the Newport News one last year! We were melting (in the shade)!

2a4all

Only one of MSC 45acp's daughters OC-ed but she is temporarily forced to disarm because of the college "POLICY". So I think neither of us have an OC-ing daughter right now. My girls seem to prefer CC and I would guess on their 21st birthday they would appreciate a CC gun. Between 18 and 21 I will have my work cut out for me to have them OC. Time will tell.

A more obvious difference is that Mike is lefthanded :D

MuddyTires07

Ok I usually don't post my everyday OC adventures but today was a good one. Was out and about and was called and reminded that we needed food for dinner. So I went to the Hidenwood Foodlion. Went inside did my shopping checked out came out side to find a note on my truck. The note said that only cowards and guys with small male units open carry guns. This almost made my day i just wish they weren't cowards to leave me a note.