• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton Roads - OC reports

mpguy

Re: Open Carry in Hampton Roads

At McD's atm. Went to Revolver Armorer earlier to get a new cleaning kit. Last night, Ruby Tuesday, Wal-Greens, Walmart for eats and Xmas shopping.

Man i hope Ihop hasn't gone anti...Will check the one here in Suffolk. I did go to Xeninth bank in Suffolk to break a $100 bill, saw a no fire arm sign on the door, so went to Precision Pawn instead.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

MagiK_SacK

Open Carry in Hampton Roads

OC'd today to Lowes, Target, and Walmart looking for Christmas lights. Saw a fellow OCer at Lowes carrying a S&W. Had a short conversation about 1911s. All in all good day, just need to find the darn lights I'm looking for.

mpguy

Re: Open Carry in Hampton Roads

Just came from wally world doing pictures with the family. At Texas Road House now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Norfolk is in the Hampton Roads are, right?

Is there no one in or around Norfolk who could help us out by delivering some paperwork to an address in Norfolk?
Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

Just passing on an invitation for some fun, and a chance to play a supporting role in the Ferry Tale.

stay safe.

Esanders2008

Ok I got in touch with user. I will be helping out. :)

Just got done eating dinner at Rancho Grande on military hwy, and saw another OCer as I was leaving. I told him about the forum. He said he would check it out.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Ok I got in touch with user. I will be helping out. :)

Just got done eating dinner at Rancho Grande on military hwy, and saw another OCer as I was leaving. I told him about the forum. He said he would check it out.

You, sir, are a mench.

Besides telling folks about OCDO you could give the one of Ed's cards, one of the VCDL cards with carry laws, and a VCDL application form. Three of each takes up very little room - especially if you tear the application form from the rest of the VCDL brochure. I got creative/compulsive and wrapped Ed's card inside the VCDL card and wrapped both inside the VCDL application. It's a handy little package.

stay safe.

Esanders2008

Why thank you sir! I actually need to see about getting some of Ed's cards. But I kinda want two sets, one for OCers I meet, and one for "hey why do you have a gun hurr durr" ;)

AFCop

OC'd at the Cookout, Wal-Mart and Lowe's on Jefferson.. Great food/prices at Cookout... Been OCing since o got here and have had no issues.

The Airframer

Open carried yesterday at The Armory, 7 11 on Independence and Gamestop on Indian River, no issues. CC'd to Ruby Tuesdays and AMC for a late showing of The Hobbit out of respect of the heightened fear that spawned from the senseless acts in CT yesterday. Plan on OC'ing about today doing more Santa shopping.

I have some food for thought in light of the horrendous attack yesterday: Virginia schools require tornado drills, bomb drills, and fire drills. Although a fire may be a more likely scenario than the tornado or bomb and I think it's great they prepare for those things, however, there is no such thing as a "shooting drill" in our schools. Maybe the teachers have guidelines to fall back on if such a tragedy were to unfold but my kids know absolutely nothing about how to react if God forbid, it were to happen. I believe somebody that could implement such a reaction plan needs to be written until such action is taken and a plan is instituted.

As sad as it is, in today's society, it seems a mass-casualty shooting is more likely to occur than a tornado, bomb, or fire. Our children are not prepared, who do we need to contact?

Esanders2008

Open carried yesterday at The Armory, 7 11 on Independence and Gamestop on Indian River, no issues. CC'd to Ruby Tuesdays and AMC for a late showing of The Hobbit out of respect of the heightened fear that spawned from the senseless acts in CT yesterday. Plan on OC'ing about today doing more Santa shopping.

I have some food for thought in light of the horrendous attack yesterday: Virginia schools require tornado drills, bomb drills, and fire drills. Although a fire may be a more likely scenario than the tornado or bomb and I think it's great they prepare for those things, however, there is no such thing as a "shooting drill" in our schools. Maybe the teachers have guidelines to fall back on if such a tragedy were to unfold but my kids know absolutely nothing about how to react if God forbid, it were to happen. I believe somebody that could implement such a reaction plan needs to be written until such action is taken and a plan is instituted.

As sad as it is, in today's society, it seems a mass-casualty shooting is more likely to occur than a tornado, bomb, or fire. Our children are not prepared, who do we need to contact?

+1

45acpForMe

York County schools have intruder/lockdown drills a couple times a year. I am not sure about all of VA.

1) The evil in CT should start an all out push to repeal the GFSZ legislation. If they have an armed guard/principal/teacher in every school these a**holes will stop targeting our kids.

2) We should repeal the cruel and unusual clause against punishment of heinous crimes like CT. If he didn't commit suicide I believe a wood chipper face first would be considered reasonable!!!

Been OC-ing around doing Christmas shopping. Got some looks at pizza hut last night but had a cashier at Barnes & Noble shake my hand today.

2a4all

My email is down (a Cox problem), so I'm posting this here.

I think that VCDL should do something to show support for the folks in Newtown, CT.

We are quick to respond to even the smallest perceived infringement of our 2A rights. This is the most egregious abuse of those rights imaginable.

Shouldn't we make an appropriate statement to that effect?

d dubya

Sobriety checkpoint tonight in James City County. Ruger .40 by my side. No questions other than "Driver's license, please". No info volunteered on my part.

The Airframer

York County schools have intruder/lockdown drills a couple times a year. I am not sure about all of VA.

1) The evil in CT should start an all out push to repeal the GFSZ legislation. If they have an armed guard/principal/teacher in every school these a**holes will stop targeting our kids.
2) We should repeal the cruel and unusual clause against punishment of heinous crimes like CT. If he didn't commit suicide I believe a wood chipper face first would be considered reasonable!!!

Virginia Beach schools (at least the one my children attend) do not have any such drills. Do we write the superintendent, principal, board of directors, governor?
1.) I wholeheartedly agree with the faculty being armed in addition to an armed guard/school resource officer at all points of entry, regardless of locks.
2.)This horrendous act should have never happened to begin with. Warning signs should have been raised at some point. Mental instability is the only possible motive I could fathom and mental illness/treatment should be under attack, not our rights. Why did his mother leave the guns where her live in 20y.o. could get to them knowing he had some serious issues. One must ask, how do you overlook such instability and still allow access to some serious firepower? This is still USA and due process must be adhered to despite the severity of the atrocity, that's what separates us from the monsters overseas without due process.

OC'd last night to 7 11 on Independence, Books-a-Million at the Damneck/P. Anne shopping center on the corner, and walmart on P. Anne. Walked right by one of VB's finest sitting outside of Walmart, strong-side facing him, he didn't even bat an eye in my direction.