Page 3 of 304 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: VA Open Carry - Hampton Roads

Post imported post

OCed at GameStop at Centerville/Mt Pleasant.

Post imported post

OC at:

Harris Teeter Greenbriar Parkway

Food Lion (Soon to be Bloom??) Centerville Turnpike

Mr. EZ Pan Shop Military Highway

fág an bealach
    ACTA NON VERBA
    At OCDO there are two things that are not tolerated, open carry intolerance and long gun open carry.
    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

mrguppy wrote:
    dont mean to sound like a fool but what is the ocdo and which village inn
    OCDO is Open Carry dot org. I think Bubba discussed which Village Inn earlier in the post.

Post imported post

can I carry one of these openly? We should carry big guns=more respect from the bad guy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

swatpro911 wrote:
    can I carry one of these openly? We should carry big guns=more respect from the bad guy
    Only if you have a CCP :^).

Post imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
    mrguppy wrote:
    OCDO is Open Carry dot org. I think Bubba discussed which Village Inn earlier in the post.
    wow do i feel stupid right now

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

mrguppy wrote:
    Dutch Uncle wrote:
    mrguppy wrote:
    wow do i feel stupid right now
    That's OK, we all feel stupid from time to time. Just make sure there are very long intervals between those times and you'll be fine. As in do not follow my example.

Post imported post

Wednesday 21 November:

Chesapeake City Hall - Commisioner of the Revenue

Food Lion - Centerville Turnpike

Chartway Credit Union inside the Farm Fresh Centerville Turnpike

HarrisTeeter Greenbrier Parkway
    fág an bealach
    ACTA NON VERBA
    At OCDO there are two things that are not tolerated, open carry intolerance and long gun open carry.
    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
    mrguppy wrote:
    ...or in the instance above it could mean....Open Carry Dining Out....that is what we we do a couple of times each month. I only know of one Village Inn in the area, is there another one?

Post imported post

Friday 23 November - Black Friday

M Wireless -Brand new place , behind the new Paradox Restaurant Near Greenbrier Mall. I was their first customer. After buying a Crackberry Curve I got up to look at bluetooth headsets and the girl said to the other salesman "Look he has a gun, be nice to him." Very friendly, no problems

A&N by Greenbrier Mall

@Lantec Bank

Leslies Pool

Walmart
    fág an bealach
    ACTA NON VERBA

Post imported post

25 November:

Hampton Convention Center (Gun Show)

McDonald's Mercury Blvd.

Bass Pro Shop Outdoor World

fág an bealach
    ACTA NON VERBA

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:
    25 November:

Hampton Convention Center (Gun Show)

McDonald's Mercury Blvd.

Bass Pro Shop Outdoor World

last time i was up at bass pro shop they told me i had to have a trigger lock on it next time if i want to oc

Post imported post

mrguppy wrote:
    last time i was up at bass pro shop they told me i had to have a trigger lock on it next time if i want to oc
    I heard that people have had problems there so I looked for a sign but did not see one.

No problems today. The nice old lady who was handing out sales flyers saw it, the guys behind the gun counter saw it and the check out clerk saw it. No comments from anybody.
    fág an bealach
    ACTA NON VERBA

Post imported post

O.C. witout incident on 28 November:

Centerville Turnpike Farm Fresh

Great Bridge Walgreens

fág an bealach
    ACTA NON VERBA

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:
    mrguppy wrote:
    I heard that people have had problems there so I looked for a sign but did not see one.

No problems today. The nice old lady who was handing out sales flyers saw it, the guys behind the gun counter saw it and the check out clerk saw it. No comments from anybody.
    the lady waited till i had checked out and was about to leave before see asked me was nice about it though.

Post imported post

mrguppy wrote:
    Thundar wrote:
    mrguppy wrote:

the lady waited till i had checked out and was about to leave before see asked me was nice about it though.
    So this store that sells guns and open carry holsters waited until you had made your purchases and demonstrated that you were a responsible gun user before asking you to put a trigger lock on your openly carried firearm?

Do they even make an open carry holster that accommodates a trigger lock?

Actually I think we have a new kind of open carry. Yes we have had IWB (Inside the Waistband) OWB outside the waistband, Mexican Carry, shoulder holster and ankle holster. .......... Now we have a new one - the trigger locked open carry. I recommend that we give the instigator of this new type of open carry full credit and forever refer to trigger lock mandated open carry as Bass Pro Shop (BPS) Open Carry!!!
    fág an bealach
    ACTA NON VERBA

Post imported post

01 Decmber O.C. without incident at:

Battle of Great Bridge Reenactment - Along Southern Bank of Chesapeake & Albemarle Canal

Zoots in Great Bridge

Bank of America in Great Bridge

Food Lion in Great Bridge.

Locks Point Park
    fág an bealach
    ACTA NON VERBA

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:
    mrguppy wrote:
    Thundar wrote:
    mrguppy wrote:

So this store that sells guns and open carry holsters waited until you had made your purchases and demonstrated that you were a responsible gun user before asking you to put a trigger lock on your openly carried firearm?

Do they even make an open carry holster that accommodates a trigger lock?

Actually I think we have a new kind of open carry. Yes we have had IWB (Inside the Waistband) OWB outside the waistband, Mexican Carry, shoulder holster and ankle holster. .......... Now we have a new one - the trigger locked open carry. I recommend that we give the instigator of this new type of open carry full credit and forever refer to trigger lock mandated open carry as Bass Pro Shop (BPS) Open Carry!!!
    bps
    but yeah the lady pulled me over just as i paid a nice bit to them to tell me that, next time i m goin to just oc and see if they say anything.

Post imported post

3-10 Dec without incident:

Walgreens in Great Bridge

Bank of America in Great Bridge

Zoots in Great Bridge

Locks Point Park

Great Bridge Bicyclery (Contract Post Office)

Farm Fresh on Centerville Turnpike

Chesapeake City Hall

Taylor's Do It Center in Great Bridge

Home Depot on South Battlefield Blvd.

fág an bealach
    ACTA NON VERBA

Post imported post

Food lion, oyster Point and Warwick

Wine Store.

Patrick Henry Mall Parking lot where the elderly woman was shot. (Waiting on my Daughter) Got out of the Jeep for just a quick Fire-Drill (Checking the tailgate) Saw the (Upgraded Security) A big TRUCK with Yellow Lights.. they used to have a little SUV... boy I really feel safe now...

No trouble..

And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms....The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson in a letter to William S. Smith in 1787. Taken from Jefferson, On Democracy 20, S. Padover ed., 1939

Free Flight

Post imported post

Welcome to my boring life.

Sam's Club

Wal-Mart

Farm Fresh

CC inside Patrick henry Mall (No signs at the entrance still) Had a nice Mocha at the beanery...

And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms....The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson in a letter to William S. Smith in 1787. Taken from Jefferson, On Democracy 20, S. Padover ed., 1939

Free Flight

Post imported post

Just took my wife and younger daughter to Olive Garden on Jefferson Ave, NN. No problems, though I understand OG has been considered anti.

In view of all the recent murders in the so-called "gun free zones", I'm sure I would have had a zesty discussion with the mgr. had he tried to eject me "to maintain a safe eating environment for other patrons".

Post imported post

Stopped by East Coast on Rt 17 (by winfree's Firearms)

I was CC under my Jacket to get the Admiral some cigs

There was this real "Twitchie" guy just getting ready to check out, he knocked over a box of Slim-Jims or something like them off the counter and all over the place.

the Lady behind the register looked at him.. like "Well, are you going to leave them there...?" he says in a real Assholeish kind of way.. "Well its your own damn fault for putting them there...." and proceeded to put his items in front of her to check out. It was clear to me that the guy was a complete ass and was not going to pick up his mess... so I bent over and picked up the box (now empty because its contents are scattered all over the floor) and put it back on the counter where it was. he watched me do this (I'm fairly sure I gave him a "Stink Eye" and I know that my jacket rode up way above my Kimber... and I also know he saw it.) All of a sudden Mr ******* turns into Mr "I'm sorry... Here SIR I will get those..." and apologizes to the lady... Profusely... then pays her and runs out like the hounds of hell are on his heels.

She says to meafter he had gone "What was his problem??!!?" and we mused together as towhat changed his tune.. I told her "I think he saw the light! and corrected his ways..."

Shethanked me for helping and I wished her a merry Christmas and left with the Admiral's supplies...

Free Flight

Post imported post

Lots of Open Carry in the last week.

Great Bridge:

Bank of America, Walgreens, Taylors Do it Center, Dollar Tree, Radio Shack,Starbucks (inside Farm Fresh).

Centerville Turnpike:

Farm Fresh, Tropical Smoothie Cafe, Bloom, Navy Federal Credit Union

Greenbriar Area:

Best Buy, Target, Petsmart, Harris Teeter. Did get the:what:from Harris Teeter check out clerk.

Greenbriar Mall:

Went in via the Sears lower level doors to the tool section. I didn't go into the rest of the mall.
    fág an bealach
    ACTA NON VERBA

Post imported post

Freeflight wrote:
    Stopped by East Coast on Rt 17Â* (by winfree's Firearms)

I was CC under my JacketÂ* to get the Admiral some cigs

There was this real "Twitchie" guy just getting ready to check out,Â*Â* he knocked over a box of Slim-Jims or something like them off the counter and all over the place.

the Lady behind the register looked at him..Â* like "Well,Â* are you going to leave them there...?"Â*Â* he says in a real Assholeish kind of way..Â*Â* "Well its your own damn fault for putting them there...."Â*Â*Â* and proceeded to put his items in front of her to check out.Â* It was clear to me that the guy was a complete ass and was not going to pick up his mess...Â* so I bent over and picked up the box (now empty because its contents are scattered all over the floor)Â* and put it back on the counter where it was.Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* he watched me do this (I'm fairly sure I gave him a "Stink Eye" and I know that my jacket rode up way above my Kimber...Â* and I also know he saw it.)Â* All of a sudden Mr ******* turns into Mr "I'm sorry...Â* Here SIR I will get those..."Â* and apologizes to the lady...Â* Profusely...Â* then pays her and runs out like the hounds of hell are on his heels.

She says to meÂ*after he had goneÂ* "What was his problem??!!?"Â*Â*Â* and we mused together as toÂ*what changed his tune..Â*Â* I told her "I think he saw the light! and corrected his ways..."

SheÂ*thanked me for helping and I wished her a merry Christmas and left with the Admiral's supplies...
    Now, THAT was funny! Wish I were there to see that dude's face...

Page 3 of 304 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast