• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton Roads - OC reports

Cam757

Just OC'd in the Farm Fresh off Fox Hill, Wawa on Mercury no issues yet! Pretty new to the forums, any places in Hampton I should be concerned about for no OC/CC?
Thx!

Last edited:

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
Just OC'd in the Farm Fresh off Fox Hill, Wawa on Mercury no issues yet! Pretty new to the forums, any places in Hampton I should be concerned about for no OC/CC?
Thx!
Welcome! If you are not a member look into VCDL.org. At least signup for free email. Also look for get to gethers with others in the area.

Last edited:

wrearick

there are a few places that are posted......

Most of the malls have a "code of conduct" that they apply to inanimate (fire arms) objects, although my fire arm has never misbehaved while at the mall.

Buffalo wild wings are mostly posted.

TGI Fridays have a corp policy against firearms but don't post

2a4all

Thx!
There are several merchant-centric areas on the Peninsula that ban firearms, but they generally post. Toys-R-Us, Babies-R-Us (both by corporate policy), Hampton Convention Center (except when there's a gun show) to name a few.

If you get up to Newport News, carry is welcome at 2nd Street Bistro (Kiln Creek Shopping Center on Victory Blvd), Longhorn Steak House on Jefferson Ave is OC friendly, but Patrick Henry Mall is OC un-friendly, as is the Mariner's Museum. I don't go to cinemas so I can't speak to them. Best Buy is carry friendly.

Most places in York County are OC friendly; The County Grill (Rt. 17) just past the York/Newport News line (we've had several OC dinners there), as is True Value Hardware (a little further up 17 in Grafton), iHOP, Wawa & Pop's (also on Rt. 17) are a few examples.

hafnhaf

carried (concealed, with capitol cops OK) on a capitol building tour. had a nice chat with the officer about the little P3AT i had. he wanted to know if it was first or second gen (1st), and if i had any issues with it (none).

cool building, btw.

BlueSquid

Sam's Club and then Walmart right after for some grocery shopping today. Carried the Judge in a serpa ii holster and 2 speed loaders. No issues. Though, the greeter at Wally World gawked so hard I feared he would tip over while leaning on his walker. He also forgot to, you know, actually greet my wife, daughter and I haha. I told my wife it was probably because he's never seen one that big before. She was not amused :D She even looked a little sad, as if I had reminded her of something she wasn't quite satisfied with in her life, no idea what it could be though. :p

Oh, and haf, the wife an I have already made plans to return to Thai Papaya with a few friends. I'm looking forward to the next meet up, as well. Keep me posted if you set anything up! Otherwise I'm just gonna pick a day and head back there with an open invite for all you folks.

hafnhaf

OC'd to Noodles and Company, Monticello and 199 in Williamsburg. No issue. In fact, they are OC friendly, and have given the OK to have an OC lunch/dinner there. Maybe next month...