• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton Roads - OC reports

Thundar

imported post

mrguppy wrote:
last time i was up at bass pro shop they told me i had to have a trigger lock on it next time if i want to oc

I heard that people have had problems there so I looked for a sign but did not see one.

No problems today. The nice old lady who was handing out sales flyers saw it, the guys behind the gun counter saw it and the check out clerk saw it. No comments from anybody.

mrguppy

imported post

Thundar wrote:
mrguppy wrote:
last time i was up at bass pro shop they told me i had to have a trigger lock on it next time if i want to oc

I heard that people have had problems there so I looked for a sign but did not see one.

No problems today. The nice old lady who was handing out sales flyers saw it, the guys behind the gun counter saw it and the check out clerk saw it. No comments from anybody.
the lady waited till i had checked out and was about to leave before see asked me was nice about it though.

Thundar

imported post

mrguppy wrote:
Thundar wrote:
mrguppy wrote:

the lady waited till i had checked out and was about to leave before see asked me was nice about it though.

So this store that sells guns and open carry holsters waited until you had made your purchases and demonstrated that you were a responsible gun user before asking you to put a trigger lock on your openly carried firearm?

Do they even make an open carry holster that accommodates a trigger lock?

Actually I think we have a new kind of open carry. Yes we have had IWB (Inside the Waistband) OWB outside the waistband, Mexican Carry, shoulder holster and ankle holster. .......... Now we have a new one - the trigger locked open carry. I recommend that we give the instigator of this new type of open carry full credit and forever refer to trigger lock mandated open carry as Bass Pro Shop (BPS) Open Carry!!!

Thundar

imported post

01 Decmber O.C. without incident at:

Battle of Great Bridge Reenactment - Along Southern Bank of Chesapeake & Albemarle Canal

Zoots in Great Bridge

Bank of America in Great Bridge

Food Lion in Great Bridge.

Locks Point Park

mrguppy

imported post

Thundar wrote:
mrguppy wrote:
Thundar wrote:
mrguppy wrote:

So this store that sells guns and open carry holsters waited until you had made your purchases and demonstrated that you were a responsible gun user before asking you to put a trigger lock on your openly carried firearm?

Do they even make an open carry holster that accommodates a trigger lock?

Actually I think we have a new kind of open carry. Yes we have had IWB (Inside the Waistband) OWB outside the waistband, Mexican Carry, shoulder holster and ankle holster. .......... Now we have a new one - the trigger locked open carry. I recommend that we give the instigator of this new type of open carry full credit and forever refer to trigger lock mandated open carry as Bass Pro Shop (BPS) Open Carry!!!
:lol: bps:lol:
but yeah the lady pulled me over just as i paid a nice bit to them to tell me that, next time i m goin to just oc and see if they say anything.

Thundar

imported post

3-10 Dec without incident:

Walgreens in Great Bridge

Bank of America in Great Bridge

Zoots in Great Bridge

Locks Point Park

Great Bridge Bicyclery (Contract Post Office)

Farm Fresh on Centerville Turnpike

Chesapeake City Hall

Taylor's Do It Center in Great Bridge

Home Depot on South Battlefield Blvd.

Freeflight

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Food lion, oyster Point and Warwick

Wine Store.

Patrick Henry Mall Parking lot where the elderly woman was shot. (Waiting on my Daughter) Got out of the Jeep for just a quick Fire-Drill:lol: (Checking the tailgate) Saw the (Upgraded Security) A big TRUCK with Yellow Lights.. they used to have a little SUV... boy I really feel safe now...

No trouble..

Freeflight

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Welcome to my boring life.

Sam's Club

Wal-Mart

Farm Fresh

CC inside Patrick henry Mall (No signs at the entrance still) Had a nice Mocha at the beanery...

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just took my wife and younger daughter to Olive Garden on Jefferson Ave, NN. No problems, though I understand OG has been considered anti.

In view of all the recent murders in the so-called "gun free zones", I'm sure I would have had a zesty discussion with the mgr. had he tried to eject me "to maintain a safe eating environment for other patrons".

Freeflight

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Stopped by East Coast on Rt 17 (by winfree's Firearms)

I was CC under my Jacket to get the Admiral some cigs

There was this real "Twitchie" guy just getting ready to check out, he knocked over a box of Slim-Jims or something like them off the counter and all over the place.

the Lady behind the register looked at him.. like "Well, are you going to leave them there...?" he says in a real Assholeish kind of way.. "Well its your own damn fault for putting them there...." and proceeded to put his items in front of her to check out. It was clear to me that the guy was a complete ass and was not going to pick up his mess... so I bent over and picked up the box (now empty because its contents are scattered all over the floor) and put it back on the counter where it was. he watched me do this (I'm fairly sure I gave him a "Stink Eye" and I know that my jacket rode up way above my Kimber... and I also know he saw it.) All of a sudden Mr Asshole turns into Mr "I'm sorry... Here SIR I will get those..." and apologizes to the lady... Profusely... then pays her and runs out like the hounds of hell are on his heels.

She says to meafter he had gone "What was his problem??!!?" and we mused together as towhat changed his tune.. I told her "I think he saw the light! and corrected his ways..."

Shethanked me for helping and I wished her a merry Christmas and left with the Admiral's supplies...

Thundar

imported post

Lots of Open Carry in the last week.

Great Bridge:

Bank of America, Walgreens, Taylors Do it Center, Dollar Tree, Radio Shack,Starbucks (inside Farm Fresh).

Centerville Turnpike:

Farm Fresh, Tropical Smoothie Cafe, Bloom, Navy Federal Credit Union

Greenbriar Area:

Best Buy, Target, Petsmart, Harris Teeter. Did get the:what:from Harris Teeter check out clerk.

Greenbriar Mall:

Went in via the Sears lower level doors to the tool section. I didn't go into the rest of the mall.

Sage of Seattle

imported post

Freeflight wrote:
Stopped by East Coast on Rt 17  (by winfree's Firearms)

I was CC under my Jacket  to get the Admiral some cigs

There was this real "Twitchie" guy just getting ready to check out,   he knocked over a box of Slim-Jims or something like them off the counter and all over the place.

the Lady behind the register looked at him..  like "Well,  are you going to leave them there...?"   he says in a real Assholeish kind of way..   "Well its your own damn fault for putting them there...."    and proceeded to put his items in front of her to check out.  It was clear to me that the guy was a complete ass and was not going to pick up his mess...  so I bent over and picked up the box (now empty because its contents are scattered all over the floor)  and put it back on the counter where it was.      he watched me do this (I'm fairly sure I gave him a "Stink Eye" and I know that my jacket rode up way above my Kimber...  and I also know he saw it.)  All of a sudden Mr Asshole turns into Mr "I'm sorry...  Here SIR I will get those..."  and apologizes to the lady...  Profusely...  then pays her and runs out like the hounds of hell are on his heels.

She says to me after he had gone  "What was his problem??!!?"    and we mused together as to what changed his tune..   I told her "I think he saw the light! and corrected his ways..."

She thanked me for helping and I wished her a merry Christmas and left with the Admiral's supplies...

Now, THAT was funny! Wish I were there to see that dude's face...

Neplusultra

imported post

Freeflight wrote:

There was this real "Twitchie" guy just getting ready to check out, he knocked over a box of Slim-Jims or something like them off the counter and all over the place.

the Lady behind the register looked at him.. like "Well, are you going to leave them there...?" he says in a real Assholeish kind of way.. "Well its your own damn fault for putting them there...." and proceeded to put his items in front of her to check out. It was clear to me that the guy was a complete ass and was not going to pick up his mess... so I bent over and picked up the box (now empty because its contents are scattered all over the floor) and put it back on the counter where it was. he watched me do this (I'm fairly sure I gave him a "Stink Eye" and I know that my jacket rode up way above my Kimber... and I also know he saw it.) All of a sudden Mr Asshole turns into Mr "I'm sorry... Here SIR I will get those..." and apologizes to the lady... Profusely... then pays her and runs out like the hounds of hell are on his heels.

She says to meafter he had gone "What was his problem??!!?" and we mused together as towhat changed his tune.. I told her "I think he saw the light! and corrected his ways..."

Shethanked me for helping and I wished her a merry Christmas and left with the Admiral's supplies...
Yes, that is funny. It reminds me of the time I was OCing prior to getting my CCP. I didn't even know OCing was legal at the time. My storage complex had a series of break ins over a month or more. So I was out there patroling on foot through the area and came across four young guys parked in a car. I walked up to them in the dark and asked who they were and if they rented there. It was all yes sir, no sir :^). They were practically tripping over themselves trying to prove their innocence. They said they used their storage area for band practice and were waiting for a friend who drove a black pickup, which is the description of the vehicle doing the break-ins. I was sure these were the guys.

I told them to be careful as there had been a number of break-ins and that I and a number of others were out looking for them. All this with my .45 in plain sight.

There were no more break-ins after that.

Freeflight

Campaign Veteran
imported post

OC to the Barber Shop..

This is the new Barber that opened up a Shop on Old Denbigh just off Warwick. A Japanese couple. she runs a Alteration shop next door. I recommend him Highly!!! Got an excellent haircut and a Japanese back massage too. (The massage has a special name but i don't remember it...)

He never said a word about my firearm.

Edit correct spelling errors. Sheeeeshthe english natzi's on this board...

Slowhand

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
Freeflight wrote:

Yes, that is funny. It reminds me of the time I was OCing prior to getting my CCP. I didn't even know OCing was legal at the time. My storage complex had a series of break ins over a month or more. So I was out there patroling on foot through the area and came across four young guys parked in a car. I walked up to them in the dark and asked who they were and if they rented there. It was all yes sir, no sir :^). They were practically tripping over themselves trying to prove their innocence. They said they used their storage area for band practice and were waiting for a friend who drove a black pickup, which is the description of the vehicle doing the break-ins. I was sure these were the guys.

I told them to be careful as there had been a number of break-ins and that I and a number of others were out looking for them. All this with my .45 in plain sight.

There were no more break-ins after that.
I have always been convinced that OC does more good than harm. I don't know why people are so skiddish about people that OC. It's not like we are walking around with a gun in our hands. And if it scares away the bad guys, more people should be doing it.

Neplusultra

imported post

Slowhand wrote:
I have always been convinced that OC does more good than harm. I don't know why people are so skiddish about people that OC. It's not like we are walking around with a gun in our hands. And if it scares away the bad guys, more people should be doing it.
I would have to agree. The combination of OC and CC works great together. OC so the bad guys know guns are around and CC so they don't know who has them :^).