• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton Roads - OC reports

apollosmom

Williamsburg area

OC'd at the Lumber Liquidators, Williamsburg Prime Outlets...and later at Second Street Restaurant...no issues with me or my Walther...did sweat in fear though at the Outlets that some of those wearing tight spandex rubbing together would start a fire.

wylde007

Cherry Blossom Festival

My wife and I went down to Red Wing Park with our little one to the Cherry Blossom Festival on Saturday.

I caught one Parks & Rec guy shadowing me for a few minutes, but nothing ever came of it.

An elderly lady asked me if "that was legal" and then asked why I "feel like I need to carry a gun". I asked her why she felt like she needed to wear a seatbelt. :banghead:

45acpForMe

OC-ed to Walmart twice no issue. Lunch at Pizza-hut and had a man wearing a harley davidson hat and pony tail ask if I was law enforcement? We talked for 5-6 minutes and I gave him a card. He seemed more interested in telling me his stories of disarming a gang banger and popping a wheelie at someone pointing a gun at him. :) So don't think he will be carrying anytime soon but you never know. ;-)

After lunch my daughter complained that people coming up to talk about OC & gun laws takes away from our daddy-daughter time. :-( We got plenty of that working on our garden recently though.

ETA: The checkout woman at Pizza hut overheard some of our conversation and asked if he thought I was LEO. I gave her a card too and reminded her that women in general have very good reason to carry seeing that 97% of violent criminals are men. :) She seemed to take the card and comment thoughtfully.

Last edited:

t33j

Biked to the Norfolk Zoo to see the tigers... but they weren't out. The Asian Black Bear brothers were play fighting with each other which was just a cool.

Just attempted to bike to a friends house and got hit by a car and pushed into Hampton Blvd. Tore up the front end. Don't think the girl who hit me even noticed I was armed.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Biked to the Norfolk Zoo to see the tigers... but they weren't out. The Asian Black Bear brothers were play fighting with each other which was just a cool.

Just attempted to bike to a friends house and got hit by a car and pushed into Hampton Blvd. Tore up the front end. Don't think the girl who hit me even noticed I was armed.

D@mn there goes your day. Hope you are alright.

45acpForMe

You were wearing a helmet I hope? So any broken bones or some road rash?

Please tell me the Dan Wesson wasn't hurt. :)

45acpForMe

OC-ed to Japan Samurai for lunch then to Walmart and Food Lion.

Last night at Vinny's I was sitting strong side out in a booth and several people noticed.

No issues other than increasing waistline! :-(

45acpForMe

OC-ed to Exxon to get a PowerBall ticket so I can afford gas. :) Then to Walmart to buy up some 22LR. A man asked me about my SERPA holster and we talked a bit while WAITING for a Walmart employee to man the sporting goods counter. I have had to track down people recently to buy ammo. We then went to Tropical Smoothie to get one for my daughters (their request). No issues.

Earlier today I was unarmed because of my visit to Ft. Lee. On the way home traffic came to a complete stop for 45 minutes. So I sat in bumper to bumper traffic with engines off waiting for the interstate to reopen (50 miles from home). A truck went off the road several miles ahead of me. Sitting there I was THRILLED that I had to disarm before leaving for work this morning!!! Many had gotten out of their vehicle looking around and walking a bit waiting. Fortunately the interstate reopened and I had no need of a firearm. :) Traffic s_cked in general today with the interstates coming to complete stops twice on the way to work I64w & I295s. One was another accident with three cars on the shoulder/ditch and I295 they were patching pot holes while holding three lanes wide of traffic at a complete stop until they advanced 100 yards to the next pot hole! :cry:

t33j

while WAITING for a Walmart employee to man the sporting goods counter. I have had to track down people recently to buy ammo.

Had the same problem at the York County Walmart last weekend (and every time I go there) trying to get some 22. Ended up going to Bass Pro and bought ammo there while getting other things.

tcmech

Taylors Hardware in kempsville, Home Depot on Lynnhaven, and food lion on providence . I don't think anyone noticed.

2a4all

OC'd to Rob Wittman's office (in Grafton to talk about the Gov't shutdown), Winfree's, Pop's and to the Williamsburg City Council Chambers for the "Constitutional Conversations" event. One of the law students who conducts the sessions showed me his PA CCW permit.

Last edited:

IrRelevant

Did a couple of repo's a couple weeks back in the evening. Carried the XD .45, no issues, hit a ghetto mini mart in Portsmouth, got a few looks from the thugged out customers, but no words were spoken. All in all successful night.

45acpForMe

Anyone know if sams club chesapeake OC friendly?

I don't know about any particular store but Sam's club is part of Walmart and believe it is fine for OC.

ETA: OC-ed to the Grafton Taco Bell and an employee held the door for me going in. She said I was customer #3 which surprised me since it was lunchtime. As I went in I saw 6 or so other customers in there so I wonder if I was OC-customer #3. :) No issues but a few looks from men my age. Usually the LOOKs come from the younger or very-old crowd.

Last edited:

MSC 45ACP

I don't know about any particular store but Sam's club is part of Walmart and believe it is fine for OC.

ETA: OC-ed to the Grafton Taco Bell and an employee held the door for me going in. She said I was customer #3 which surprised me since it was lunchtime. As I went in I saw 6 or so other customers in there so I wonder if I was OC-customer #3. :) No issues but a few looks from men my age. Usually the LOOKs come from the younger or very-old crowd.

You may have been OCing Customer # 3, Jim. I am a frequent visitor to that Taco Bell. Since its near the range, they probably get quite a few customers from the range. Was the employee a "little slow"? I think I know who you're talking about. She's very friendly, but "not all there". You will also meet one of the managers there that will ask about your sidearm. I introduced him to OC about a year ago with ED's Cards (or it may have been one of yours). He obviously doesn't carry there, but we talk about shooting every time I see him. He didn't know much about OCing or VA laws before we met, but he's always looking forward to talking to an OCer about carrying and about guns. A very nice fellow.