• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton Roads - OC reports

ocholsteroc

Well I OC-ed today at Chipotle, Kroger, Atlantic Coast Tumbling and Domino's. No issues.

I saw this video from a robbery in FL that was interesting. The man seemed to have the gun out when he stood up but being in FL he probably was CC-ing before that. This happened a few days before I was in the area.

[video]http://bcove.me/ewdzwwm4[/video]

I heard it was a Taurus 380 he shot them with.

45acpForMe

Lots and lots of threads and reports of that defensive shooting.

I will have to go read some of those theads to see what everyone thinks. I commend his actions but am wondering how LEA see it since he is firing at the criminals as they are running away.

OC-ed to Walmart, Arbys, Food Lion, Exxon yesterday no issue.

Taylor95482

I will have to go read some of those theads to see what everyone thinks. I commend his actions but am wondering how LEA see it since he is firing at the criminals as they are running away.

OC-ed to Walmart, Arbys, Food Lion, Exxon yesterday no issue.

The DA stated that the shooting appeared justified and he wasn't planning to file charges. As far as I'm concered, the criminal still had the gun in his hand when he was running away, and that makes him a threat. The older gentleman was simply attempting to stop the threat, it's entirely safe to assume that the bad guy could have turned around and continued to fire. My 2 cents.

wylde007

Don't Post Much in this Thread...

Because I hate repeating myself. Home Depot and Lowe's (VB locations) this weekend.

It also looks like I will be having a new neighbor sometime soon. A fellow who was 2nd Squadron, 11 Armored Cav (Blackhorse) and his wife are buying a lot in my neighborhood. He was there when my dad was (919th Engineers, 3rd Squadron, 11 ACav). We talked about his lot for a spell with his realtor there. We talked for maybe 15 minutes before anyone realized I was carrying. The wife says "Looks like this guy's right up your alley" while pointing at my hip.

The nice (one of many, I should say) thing about Pungo is that carrying a firearm is less unicorn-like and more commonplace.

At least, I like to think so. I haven't gotten but one queer look yet, and that was from some lady sitting in a booth across from us at Pungo Pizza. I almost didn't notice, but she just kept staring - and I don't think she was admiring my perfectly-formed glutes. :D

45acpForMe

<snip> At least, I like to think so. I haven't gotten but one queer look yet, and that was from some lady sitting in a booth across from us at Pungo Pizza. I almost didn't notice, but she just kept staring - and I don't think she was admiring my perfectly-formed glutes. :D

Maybe she was staring at your purple cammo pants! :) It has been a while since I have had "the stare" treatment. It is almost like they can wish you into non-existence by simply continuing to look at you!

OC-ed to Heaven & Earth and talked to the attendant for a few minutes about bible versions (NIV,KJV,etc) for my daughter. No mention of the FNP on my hip and no issues.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by wylde007

<snip> At least, I like to think so. I haven't gotten but one queer look yet, and that was from some lady sitting in a booth across from us at Pungo Pizza. I almost didn't notice, but she just kept staring - and I don't think she was admiring my perfectly-formed glutes. :D

Maybe she was staring at your purple cammo pants! :) It has been a while since I have had "the stare" treatment. It is almost like they can wish you into non-existence by simply continuing to look at you!

OC-ed to Heaven & Earth and talked to the attendant for a few minutes about bible versions (NIV,KJV,etc) for my daughter. No mention of the FNP on my hip and no issues.

LOL - I can't get that image out of my mind. I'd pay for such a picture of Wylde :lol: :lol:Think of the options!

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
Found these at purple store:
B000FVXORU.jpg
Great casual short in a popular camo color
Six pockets, inlcuding two cargo pockets
Button fly
Wide range of sizes
Adjustable waist provides a custom fit
Will they work Peter? rofl.gif

Man Grape beat me to it! :banghead:

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I, umm, actually have a pair of the ones on the left. Matching boonie hat, too.

"Urban" camouflage. HA!

Hee haw! - Wylde blending/fitting in with the urban establishment :p

OTOH - it just might be a good tactic - who would be afraid of someone wearing purple camo?

You could accessorize with one each of these:

20120623204606251.jpg

45acpForMe

Sorry Wylde007 I didn't mean for my simple rib to turn into a pile on! :-( At least you look FABULOUS while OC-ing. ;-)

MagiK_SacK

Wow I never would have taken Wylde007 as a purple kind of guy!!!

Back on topic - OC'd this Sunday on my way to/from Woodbridge to go to IKEA. I know it's not Hampton Roads but I don't really feel like posting in two different threads about my same day of travel, lol. Anyways, to my dismay after the three hour drive I was disappointed, to say the least, when we got there and I saw a no firearms sign on the door. It's at this point I wanted to turn around and just go home. With a pregnant wife, and our soon to be new baby daughter's godmother there protesting me wanting to leave the place I really had no choice but to stay. I wanted to leave, but ******* of a pregnant woman is like asking to be shot, lol. I spoke with the manager about weather or not it was a local policy or a corporate policy I was told it was corporate although he could not show me in writhing. An e-mail has been sent to confirm the policy, express my displeasure, and urge them to rethink disarming LAC. My biggest mistake was not doing the proper research before I left to ensure such a policy did not exist. It's just sad that sort of thing needs to be done.

After finally leaving IKEA we headed off to the Outlet Mall (outdoor shopping center) in Williamsburg. Now after the visit to IKEA when we first arrived at the stores the first think I did was drive around looking for signage on doors or any other location that would indicate a no firearms policy and I did not notice one. So we shopped around and it wasn't until we ended up in the Food Lion shopping area on the opposite side of the main entrance that I finally noticed a sign. Rule 15 on that sign reads as follows: "Possession of any article defined as a weapon, whether illegal or not, unless the person possessing such weapon is law enforcement personnel required to carry such a weapon". Sunday just wasn't my day. In my defense It was the only sign in the whole area, which was probably a good 1-2 acres. Not to mention the multiple times a passed security with even a raised eyebrow. Thankfully we didn't end up buying anything.

The last stop of our day was at the Wal-Mart in Norfolk where thankfully I had no issues.

Lesson learned this weekend, do some research about new locations(stores) when traveling a distance so I don't waste my time. Hopefully next weekend will be a better weekend for me. :banghead:

The Airframer

OC'd today over to Starbucks, Shell on Independence to fix my stupid flat tire, and Walmart on P. Anne looking for some purple camo without luck :lol: . Had a few people staring at me from the intersection over at the Shell station and i turned a few heads at Walmart but no confrontations. Man its hot out there.

Last edited: