• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton Roads - OC reports

45acpForMe

Does everyone have a dang motorcycle? We need an OC ride. Just about to get my license.

Heres my bike plate im getting...
397207_4006515806148_1368207674_n.jpg

Going on this:
480238_4002279460242_320413025_n.jpg

Very nice! I used to have a Honda Magna that looked similar. I sold my motorcycle and feel that I have used up all my luck!

I would love to get another one but with kids to support I fear it isn't in my or their best interest. :-(

Look what recently happened to DJEEPER vs Deer! At least he walked away from it but with all my luck used up I may lose some ARMZ, LEGZ or worse. ;-)

2a4all

The wife and I (OCing) went for our (almost) daily walk a couple of hours ago (1:00 pm). Several of the neighbors were out doing yard work, and one, whom I'd seen carrying on a few occasions, called me over (said he'd seen me out walking frequently) and showed me a steel plinking target he'd fashioned from a piece of steel plate and some re-bar. Said these went for about $200.00 on line, but his would last forever with his .22 rifle.

A few doors down, another neighbor, who is a cop, was out working on his truck, so we stopped to chat about it. It's a bit of a family heirloom, and he's restored it for sale.

The weather was a bit warm for my wife, but otherwise a pleasant experience.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The wife and I (OCing) went for our (almost) daily walk a couple of hours ago (1:00 pm). Several of the neighbors were out doing yard work, and one, whom I'd seen carrying on a few occasions, called me over (said he'd seen me out walking frequently) and showed me a steel plinking target he'd fashioned from a piece of steel plate and some re-bar. Said these went for about $200.00 on line, but his would last forever with his .22 rifle.

A few doors down, another neighbor, who is a cop, was out working on his truck, so we stopped to chat about it. It's a bit of a family heirloom, and he's restored it for sale.

$200.00 is an awful lot to pay for a steel .22 cal target.

http://www.rollingsteeltargets.com/Steel-Targets/Impact-22-Rolling-Steel-Target.html

http://tinyurl.com/9rfejb6

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
Does everyone have a dang motorcycle? We need an OC ride. Just about to get my license.

Heres my bike plate im getting...
397207_4006515806148_1368207674_n.jpg

Going on this:
480238_4002279460242_320413025_n.jpg

Very nice! I used to have a Honda Magna that looked similar. I sold my motorcycle and feel that I have used up all my luck!

I would love to get another one but with kids to support I fear it isn't in my or their best interest. :-(

Look what recently happened to DJEEPER vs Deer! At least he walked away from it but with all my luck used up I may lose some ARMZ, LEGZ or worse. ;-)
Nice bike! I also had a Honda Magna. But after damaging it and myself about 12 years ago the wife wont let me fix it or get another. Still have it the garage, guess I'll give it up someday.:cry:

2a4all

In retrospect, he may have been trying to sell me his home brewed version

Vanns40

Peter is correct

I like that one !:D

There was actually a court ruling some years ago, although search as I might I can't find it, that your personal safety is a "good and sufficient reason" to carry in church. I've always asked my pastor and two that I've had have said they're happy to have me armed during services. If they had said differently I would have gone to a different church.

mpg9999

There was actually a court ruling some years ago, although search as I might I can't find it, that your personal safety is a "good and sufficient reason" to carry in church. I've always asked my pastor and two that I've had have said they're happy to have me armed during services. If they had said differently I would have gone to a different church.

It wasn't a court ruling, but rather an AG opinion.

Esanders2008

So I found a video game shop that is not only OC-friendly, but Pro-OC: Video Game Heaven on Battlefield Blvd. I went there today because a needed a new controller for my Super Nintendo. The guy working there (I think he was the owner) asked me if my gun was real. I was thinking that this was going to end poorly, and that I would have to find another shop. So I just said yeah, it's real. He said cool, and he was thinking of buying one. I actually spent more time talking guns than games. :banana::banana:

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
OC'd yesterday at Bed Bath and Beyond, Office Max and Costco. Saw another OCer on a motorcycle on Rt. 171 (Victory Blvd.): black guy with what appeared to be a 1911 with a skull on the mag floorplate.

I had planned on leaving my 9mm in the car at Costco since everyone says its anti, but I am so damned absent-minded these days I didn't realize I'd left it on until I'd was on my way out!

2a4all

OC'd yesterday at Bed Bath and Beyond, Office Max and Costco. Saw another OCer on a motorcycle on Rt. 171 (Victory Blvd.): black guy with what appeared to be a 1911 with a skull on the mag floorplate.

I had planned on leaving my 9mm in the car at Costco since everyone says its anti, but I am so damned absent-minded these days I didn't realize I'd left it on until I'd was on my way out!
I find that almost happening to me sometimes. I just hope I don't forget and get out of the car while in a school parking lot.:uhoh:

Some people also look for their glasses not realizing that they're wearing them.

NikRyJ

Open Carry in Hampton Roads

HAHA... Personally I would not mind staying here, but the Mrs is a bit upset that in the 10 months we have lived here, my car has been smashed, her car has been vandalized, and there was a pit bull running loose that actually attacked me and my dog. She also doesn't care for the neighborhoods around us (HUD) and would like to live closer to her job (that she got after we moved here)

SOOOOOOO... to keep the Mrs happy.. and the rent wouldn't go up, I'm willing to move to an area surrounded by nice areas.

EDIT: My wife just reminded me that someone also torched our dumpster about a month ago...:shocker:

Where on Indian river do you live? I'm a delivery driver part time and I always carry my handgun while working. Just want to know what area to really watch out for. Is it level green? College park?

nilla

hunt club farms

i just got off the horn with a lady at hunt club farms. bottom line; their policy is not OC freindly.

she asked for my name, i said i'd rather wait on hold. then she asked me for a # to call me back. i obliged with a first name and cell #
she called me back and had me confused with some one else whom with they have had previous problems before.
she was very defensive and short with me on the phone. it felt like a verbal dance to try and get an answer out of her as to thier policy.
i'm not sure if i should disarm and pay the admission fee or do something else tonight.

i understand their standpoint, seeing as how they make money by scaring the crap out of people. scared and armed paying customer could end badly for the 'monster'

called them back and asked to speak with her manager, she said she was the manager (i guess it was a different lady). i explained my situation, and she was more understanding than the other lady was. i felt better about the conversations, but didn't change their policy.

Last edited:

MagiK_SacK

Open Carry in Hampton Roads

OC'd today to the Virginia Zoo in Norfolk for military appreciation day. No issues. One gentleman asked about VA OC laws because he wants to carry too. So I edumacated him, and passed along one of Ed's cards. Another guy tried to be funny and asked me if I was afraid one of the lions might get out. Couldn't think of anything funny to say so I just laughed it off. All in all it was a good day.

pyite

OCd as in loaded/hot/ready to go? What was the location of this particular show and who was the promoter?

OC until i unloaded in the Jeep and put the magazine and spare round in my pocket (sshhhh). Then OC unloaded into the show to get zip tied. Easier to carry it in a holster than in a case/bag/pocket/man purse to the Glock armorer.