• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton Roads - OC reports

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
OC until i unloaded in the Jeep and put the magazine and spare round in my pocket (sshhhh). Then OC unloaded into the show to get zip tied. Easier to carry it in a holster than in a case/bag/pocket/man purse to the Glock armorer.

OK, that is what is normal and customary - unloaded OC.

BTW - I zip tie my own. Never had a problem with doing that either.........but have a fast removal secret :p

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Grapeshot

... but have a fast removal secret :p
Oh, you put yours on inside out, too?

:banana:

It looks tied, but racking the slide will drop the zip. I save it and reuse it next time.

GreatDaneMan

That is the surest sign of success - we are winning.

The last guy that OC'd in autozone inspired me to OC more.
Today OC'd portsmouth DMV. Chatted with security officer for a few minutes in line, not even about the OC, not even a blink, cool guy...then they called me to the window before pen even touched the paper they gave me. In and out of DMV with plates in 15 minutes.

Then OC'd around on motorcycle and a few friends houses. Also OC'd portsmouth pepboys no problems.
An old friend moved into my neighborhood and he caught my eye while riding by on bike. Saw him as i was passing and skidded to a stop LOL. Spent about an hour catching up. Turns out I work at Aut0z0ne, he works at Advance still, and my friend he moved in with now works at Oreilys. :D

mpguy

Re: Open Carry in Hampton Roads

OC to the gun show in Hampton and got some night sights installed on my G19.

I went Sunday with a friend. Had to leave before the Misses killed me for coming home with a new toy. :)

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

Esanders2008

So I OC'd to Wild Wing Cafe today, since BWW wants unarmed victims as customers. I'm planning on sending my receipt to BWW corporate, but if anyone has a good working letter let me know.

45acpForMe

OC-ed to Sports Authority, JC Penney, Food Lion yesterday.

Today, PTC (Hollister, Deliahs, Pink, B&BW, Target a couple other stores I can't remember the names), China Ocean. No issues.

mpg9999

OC'd to Chipotle at Patrick Henry Mall, Lowes, Wawas, Kroger, and The Hibachi Grill this weekend.

I was considering OC'ing at the Poquoson Seafood festival. It turns out most of there parking was at the High School. I had a hard time figuring out if part of the festival was on school grounds or not, but I think it was on city park property. Anyone know for sure?

zoom6zoom

Tonight checked out the County Grill & Smokehouse on Rt. 17 in Newport News. No issues, food was decent. Had been planning a visit to the German store up the street, but apparently they are closed between 3 and 5 PM several weekdays now. Bummer.

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
Tonight checked out the County Grill & Smokehouse on Rt. 17 in Newport News. No issues, food was decent. Had been planning a visit to the German store up the street, but apparently they are closed between 3 and 5 PM several weekdays now. Bummer.
...technically in York County, but close enough to the line that it doesn't matter.

They're used to us from all of the OC dinners there throughout the years.

:)

Esanders2008

OC'd to Pembroke Mall today - No issues

Went to MacArthur Center afterwards - No problems in Dillard's, where I entered and my wife shopped for a while. Went to the food court, and within 2 minutes I was approached by security and informed of their "policy". I was then asked to leave. Naturally, I cooperated and left.

It's sad. The areas where I need my sidearm the most are the ones that frown upon it. :banghead:

zoom6zoom

Dinner in Newport News again before heading up to Williamsburg for the night...

Das Waldcafe on Warwick Blvd. Really good German food; service was a might lackluster. Spaetzle was great!

45acpForMe

Dinner in Newport News again before heading up to Williamsburg for the night...

Das Waldcafe on Warwick Blvd. Really good German food; service was a might lackluster. Spaetzle was great!

That is the German culture. Dinner is considered more of a social event and waitresses tend to leave you alone for 45 minutes at a time as to not interrupt conversations. I could see how eating alone could be annoying if they follow that pattern. :)

When I was in Germany it was hard to run out for dinner and get back to work within 3 hours!!!! Often we stood up and started to leave to get them to even bring us a check. Of course the quality beer may have slowed us down a bit too but that is a whole different story. :)

Haven't OC-ed today since I was in CC-mode and victim mode depending on my location at the time. :-(

Last edited:

45acpForMe

Very cool plate!

OC-ed to Pink, Golden Coral, Food Lion yesterday. As we were leaving GC a young man (teenager) asked what kind of gun I was carrying and I told him FNP-45 and a few of its features and reasonable cost. I think his idea of reasonable and mine were a bit different though by his reaction. :)