• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton Roads - OC reports

2a4all

If you enter via the "store/restaurant" entrance you can OC at Baileys, Chipotle, JC Penney, Dicks and probably others. If you go into the mall propper you will be asked to leave if they notice you.

OC-ed to The County Grill last night for my daughters banquet. No issues (in a room of 25 cheerleaders and 50 parents).
I know Dick's is OC friendly because I (and others here) have asked them.

Why do you think that the other places you've listed are OC friendly? My wife likes to shop at Penney's, but has taken to buying her purses at gun shows because of Penney's lack of coordinated purse 'n' holster sets.:uhoh:

45acpForMe

I know Dick's is OC friendly because I (and others here) have asked them.

Why do you think that the other places you've listed are OC friendly? My wife likes to shop at Penney's, but has taken to buying her purses at gun shows because of Penney's lack of coordinated purse 'n' holster sets.:uhoh:

Typically on any given day, I don't shop for purses and matching holsters. :p

As far as the dinner at the County Grill, I could have said I went to dinner with 25 cheerleaders and omit the parents part but felt it better to be honest than lurid. :dude:

I forgot to say Monday I took my daughter to Food Lion for a job application and talked with the manager, while OC-ing. No issues. Hopefully she will get a job and start paying her way, freeing up some monies for me to buy more ammo!

45acpForMe

OC-ed today to Atlantic Coast Tumbling, Food Lion and Subway.

Yesterday for lunch I was OC-ing at Taco Bell and ran into a Bronze Star winner (license plate) who asked if I was a detective or something. I said no just an average joe. He asked why then was I armed. I responded supporting the 2A and self defense. I handed him a OC info card and talked about a few of the reasons to OC. He seemed to agree with them all and seemed to take to heart the proactiveness of OC over CC when a criminal is selecting his target. It was a good short discussion. I ended the conversation saying that I OC to educate too since if I was CC-ing he never would have asked a question because he never would have known. :) He had told me he was a life member of the NRA and he said that he knew that VA was an OC state when I asked him. Hopefully he will consider "carrying" something and possibly OC-ing in the future.

Tomorrow is a range day and trying to decide what gun to shoot. I will probably have to go with the AK pistol because ammo is cheaper. :)

AFCop

OC'd at Lowe's and Wendy's on Mercury... Painting tomorrow, movers on Wednesday and then we won't be homeless in Va anymore. In the coming weeks, any like minded OCers in the Newport News area want to get together for a lunch let me know... Still trying to learn the area.

wylde007

Completely (well, almost) OT, but my wife asked me to buy her a voice recorder for her own uses generally unrelated to OC... but I knew exactly where to come to do my research.

I was torn between the Sony and the Olympus VN-702PC and ultimately went with the Sony because of ^^^ this recommendation, as well as a couple of others.

mpguy

Re: Open Carry in Hampton Roads

OC'd at Lowe's and Wendy's on Mercury... Painting tomorrow, movers on Wednesday and then we won't be homeless in Va anymore. In the coming weeks, any like minded OCers in the Newport News area want to get together for a lunch let me know... Still trying to learn the area.

I'm in Suffolk, maybe in a few weeks after Thanksgiving we can find somewhat of a middle ground spot and hang. Welcome to Va.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

AFCop

11/21 OC'd at the Walmart on Jefferson with no issues.

11/20 OC'd at the Burger King on Ottis during a kids night with no issues. A little girl (about 1) went to touch my holster and mom intercepted before I had to say or do anything without saying a word about the gun or giving any looks....

AFCop

OC'd while the wife and I did very little black Friday shopping.. Hit the Walmart and Best Buy on Jefferson with nothing more then a look by everyone, including the Newport News officers hanging out at each. Had to stop at KMart but was only there for a minute, I cc'd there but only cause I didn't feel like dealing with anyone, I was already annoyed with the lines, etc. Only place that had the bunk beds for my two youngest sons unfortunately.

mpguy

Hit Applebees, Walmart, and 7-11 off Carolina Rd. In Suffolk. I was surprised the lines weren't longer..but at any rate..peaceful evening.

2a4all

OC'd while manning the VCDL Table at the Hampton Gun Show (Sat & Sun).

Then to Bass Pro with the Mrs for a little shopping. Her very 1st OC experience!

Attachments

• IMG_20121125_162448.jpg
    IMG_20121125_162448.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

mpguy

Carried to the usual places lately. Work, food lion, Walmart as needed.

GreatDaneMan

Been having plenty of OCers in autoz0ne as usual.

Ran into an OCer on my lunch, a young father with his little one in a stroller OCing a sigma. Chatted for a bit and gave him eds card pointing him here.

In other news....

Picked up a Para SSP 1911 with NICE stag grips.......got a smoking hot deal on it. And finally I can use a serpa holster!!! Never had one that they supported.

Esanders2008

Open Carry in Hampton Roads

So I am at ihop right now and noticed a sign. :Uh oh: I'm not sure if it said all weapons or unlawful weapons. I'll have to check on my way out. But it's the one on north military hwy