Thread: Carry in State Parks

Post imported post

Ok, so I'm looking at some of the State Parks on Kentucky's website and I looked at the General Rules or some ****, and it says that firearms are prohibited. I thought you could carry in Kentucky State Parks just not the federal ones. What's up with this?

Post imported post

I'm not sure where you read that, carrying is allowed in KY state parks:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

Post imported post

Firearms are not prohibited in KY state parks. The only proof I can offer is that they are not prohibited in OH state parks, and KY is much more gun friendly. Obviously, IANAL.

Post imported post

firewater1022 wrote:
    I've lived in Kentucky for 30 years now, and as far as I know, the rule has always been that firearms (of all types) and archery equipment are 100% prohibited from all state parks. I've even known people to hassled and threatened with prosecution for having ammunition in a vehicle in a state park.

Although, I can't find any proof of it at: http://parks.ky.gov/regulations.htm

Under Campground Rules and Regulations on the webpage you linked to:
    Item 17: 17. Alcoholic beverages, firearms and fireworks are prohibited.

Of course, this doesn't really clarify it much, but I would assume (perhaps wrongly) that it would mean that since you can't have firearms in your campsite, firearms would be prohibited from the state park as well since that is where the campsite is.

Post imported post

I actually wrote the Kentucky State Police about this and they said CC is legal in state parks and there is no statute governing the open carry of lawfully owned firearms. They also requested a link to the page on the parks website so they could inform them to change their policy.

Post imported post

hi all, new guy here. ijust talked to the ky state police and was informed that it is ok to carry in kystate parks.

best to all, vic!