Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cops writing cops..."Professional Courtesy?"

Post imported post

This site just dropped my jaw. I can't believe it even exists. I guess some people are just exempt from the law.

http://www.copswritingcops.com/home.html

"Yeah, it's illegal. But I'm a cop, so it's really O.K."

Post imported post

This is a duplicate of the thread directly below this one, as of the time you posted it.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Either we are equal or we are not.

I have not had contact, initiated by him, with a LEO since 1977.

Post imported post

This actually didn't surprise me a bit. I've heard it my whole life from LEOs. Right or wrong, it happens quite often.

Post imported post

I just took a look at this website and its outrageous!!!Cops are obliged to follow the same laws as the rest of us. I cannot stand this attitude of entitlement. They don't deserve to get a break when they break the law.

Post imported post

The copshtopo are above the law, only we are bound by and held to it. Seig Heil.

Post imported post

What a bunch of whining little pansies. ( The ones crying about not getting a pass. )These ******** should have to pay double for the ticket and the points on their insurance. ( Again, the ones crying. BOO HOO )

Last speeding ticket I got was 67 in a 65. That officer was truly a DICK as they like to call them. ( That officer (singular) was a DICK!!! )

Edited to not blanket all law enforcement

Post imported post

Just remember, it is not wise, fair, or right to holdan entiregroup of people (no matter who or what they are) responsible for the actions or comments of a small group.

Relative to this topic: Not all LEOs are bad, so it is not right to issue blanket statements slandering all law enforcement.

Post imported post

WOW...I've never heard such whining from IL, NY, NJ, MA--all states where POs are allegedly worshipped...because they are above the law.

Boo hoo....join the rest of us

Post imported post

Have I stopped cops and let them go?

The answerequals "have I stopped citizens and let them go"

Let me make it easy. YES! :P

Have I written cops? YES! :shock:

Have I let beautiful women go? YES!

Have I not let beautiful women? YES! :?

Just like a any other motorist.... I get to decide if I want to let you go or not. Attitude = Ticket!

Do some cops take great pride and brag about writing cops? Yes!! VA Troopers are known for this.

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    Have I stopped cops and let them go?

The answerequals "have I stopped citizens and let them go"

Let me make it easy. YES! :P

Have I written cops? YES! :shock:

Have I let beautiful women go? YES!

Have I not let beautiful women? YES! :?

Just like a any other motorist.... I get to decide if I want to let you go or not. Attitude = Ticket!

Do some cops take great pride and brag about writing cops? Yes!! VA Troopers are known for this.
    I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but thank you for doing what you do. We need more honest cops like you. I'm starting to think VA might be a nice place to live.

Post imported post

expvideo...DON'T PUSH IT

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    The best was that story you told us about the Jersey cops speeding home from Katrina who got stopped on I-81 in Virginia for doing like a buck or so, and got all P-O'd that they didn't get a pass. And yet, I have gotten a pass from the VSP.

Given my knowledge of Jersey cops and your statement about attitude = ticket, it all makes sense. And it earns cool points for the VSP.

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    Well, at least the state troopers are consistent jackasses to everyone. Sadly, I doubt they'd hold fellow state troopers to the same standard. I see too many state troopers blantantly violate traffic laws (including reckless driving with no lights or sirens on the interstate) in order to get to their speed trap spot as fast as possible to believe that they really have any respect for the law, or the safety of their fellow citizens.

State Researcher

Post imported post

What a ridiculous website... Are they angry because of the puny fines for most tickets, or the principle of it all? This is just cops wanting to hold themselves to a higher standard than civilians while off duty, sure they deserve a warning just like other citizens if it is a first offense, or its been a while, or if it was minor, but why spend time arguing about it.

I would like to see what would happen if one of these idiots tried to use this "cops 4 cops" argument in court to fight off the ticket.

Post imported post

vtme_grad98 wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:
    Well, at least the state troopers are consistent jackasses to everyone. Sadly, I doubt they'd hold fellow state troopers to the same standard. I see too many state troopers blantantly violate traffic laws (including reckless driving with no lights or sirens on the interstate) in order to get to their speed trap spot as fast as possible to believe that they really have any respect for the law, or the safety of their fellow citizens.
    I know what you mean, a Mass State trooper almost ran me of the road when I was getting off the highway and he cut off a tractor trailer too. Cops are definetly not the golden standard for good driving.

State Researcher

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    ...I get to decide if I want to let you go or not. Attitude = Ticket!...

Ok, I'm curious, how is this right? Why do 'warnings' even exist? Either you break a law or you don't. If you get caught, you should be punished, period. Cops shouldn't have the power to decide whether you deserve punishment or not, especially based on your attitude, which has NOTHING to do with committing a crime!

Now please don't start with the "well have YOU ever accidentally did something that was technically illegal?" crap. Yes, I have. I've purposefully broken the law, too. I deserved punishment for both, and lord knows I got it lol. If a law exists that keeps catching people doing something accidentally, well maybe the law needs to be changed.

Oh and I am soooooo tired of women getting off because they have big boobs (or some other attractive feature). Every other cute girl I meet talks about how they speed constantly and have gotten pulled over a lot but never got a ticket. That's absolute crap.

Anyway that site is absolutely crap, too. All I read was the part about the cop complaining that he got clocked doing 84 in a 65 and didn't understand why he got a ticket. WTF?!

Did anyone elsesee the American Ganster movie yet? This is the same crap. The one cop in the station that does the right thing gets screwed over by the other cops. Absolutely ridiculous.

/rant

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Re: The Public Speaks...
    Posted: 10/9/07 4:52 am dep214, how did you ever get a badge with such execrable* language skills? Didn't they have a written exam?
    You had at least 27 errors in only 94 words, dude--almost 30%! (Particularly stupid is using "know" in place of "no".)

gothikchile13 did answer you; you just didn't like the answer. And, if you truly didn't care what s/he thought, you wouldn't be posting replies; therefore you do care, at least a little; so you're wrong there too.

You said,
    Quote:[line]we are going to take care of each other whether you like it or not.[line]
    But that's exactly the problem. At issue is the contention that police officers should be exempted from the same laws that everyone else must obey. When you took your oath to support/defend/enforce the law, was there a clause that said "except where such enforcement might hurt an officer's feelings"? Did you mentally add such a clause if there was not an explicit one?

I was glad to see your last sentence, though:
    Quote:[line]well from now on all citizens will no longer get a pass.[line]
    Since you and your fellow officers are citizens too, this means that you and they will no longer get such a pass. Thanks for your commitment to fair and just enforcement; we need more police with that attitude!

(Now, go ahead and flame me the way you did gothikchile13. If you do, it will be amusing--and kind o' sad....)
    -----------------------

*Go look it up. I'll even help you (isn't that nice of me?): dictionary.reference.com/.../execrable Edited by: Argent47 at: 10/9/07 4:53 am
    Re: -

Post imported post

Emailed the site owner...

"So.... what I've gathered is... people should become cops so they can get out of traffic tickets?

I mean, am I reading this correctly? It looks like that's what you are suggesting here.

Never mind standards of behavior, catching bad guys, keeping the public (at large) safe. Be a cop, speed for free!"
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

AbNo wrote:
    Emailed the site owner...

"So.... what I've gathered is... people should become cops so they can get out of traffic tickets?

I mean, am I reading this correctly? It looks like that's what you are suggesting here.

Never mind standards of behavior, catching bad guys, keeping the public (at large) safe. Be a cop, speed for free!"
    That's just the tip of the iceberg, really. The getting-out-of-traffic-tickets is just a symptom of the larger disease of "L"EOs perpetuating themselves as a superior class of people.

The only way to treat the situation as anything other than an elitist disregard for the second-class, i.e. non-"L"EOs, is to argue that police officers have more driver "training" than is mandated by states for "civilian" drivers' licenses, and thus they are exempt from speeding. The only problem is that private "civilians" whose driver training meets or exceeds that of a police officer are not exempt from speeding persecution, er, prosecution.

I generally break down cops into three categories:
    1) Those who genuinely want to enforce and uphold the law in the interest of ensuring justice.
    2) Those who believe that being a cop is the best way to enforce their personal moral beliefs onto others
    3) Those who want to appear superior to other people and get off on their ability to intimidate others.
    And while all three groups may be susceptible to giving breaks to cops for speeding (and other crimes), the reasoning is vastly different for each.

Post imported post

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

cwcstaff@copswritingcops.com
    Figures. Wusses.

Post imported post

Personally, I don't have a huge problem with it, and I'm not a cop. I've been ticketed about 20 times out of about 30 stops, but some of those were multiple tickets on a single stop, so I'd say that even I get a free pass about 50% of the time.

I think in ANY field of work, you tend to help people in your line of work out however you can. When I worked at GM testing new concept vehicles years before production, I had access to a lot of information, and the people who developed it. If someone I knew ran into a problem with their vehicle, I could often get information a dealer could not get, or get a factory engineer involved in the case. Would the general public have access to that kind of help? Nope.

I've been working in Iraq now for about 3-1/2 years. Several people I know have come over here to work. Since I make the assignments for the 1,400 people we have here, I know where the good sites are. Do I hook up the people I know by sending them to nice bases? Yep.

Does the guy in the donut shop probably bring home donuts fresher than the ones the general public can buy when the bakery opens the next morning? Yep. Does the guy who owns the garage fix his friend's car for free? Yep. Do cops let other cops out of speeding tickets? Yep.

So what?

Post imported post

One of those is a violation of law?

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:
    ...I get to decide if I want to let you go or not. Attitude = Ticket!...

Ok, I'm curious, how is this right? Why do 'warnings' even exist? Either you break a law or you don't. If you get caught, you should be punished, period. Cops shouldn't have the power to decide whether you deserve punishment or not, especially based on your attitude, which has NOTHING to do with committing a crime!

Now please don't start with the "well have YOU ever accidentally did something that was technically illegal?" crap. Yes, I have. I've purposefully broken the law, too. I deserved punishment for both, and lord knows I got it lol. If a law exists that keeps catching people doing something accidentally, well maybe the law needs to be changed.

Oh and I am soooooo tired of women getting off because they have big boobs (or some other attractive feature). Every other cute girl I meet talks about how they speed constantly and have gotten pulled over a lot but never got a ticket. That's absolute crap.

Anyway that site is absolutely crap, too. All I read was the part about the cop complaining that he got clocked doing 84 in a 65 and didn't understand why he got a ticket. WTF?!

Did anyone elsesee the American Ganster movie yet? This is the same crap. The one cop in the station that does the right thing gets screwed over by the other cops. Absolutely ridiculous.

/rant
    While you may (and more than likely do) deserve the punishment, a little forgiveness and a warning to knock it off is appreciated. Does a chronic speeder deserve a warning? No, but his record is going to get pulled up, and a ticket will more than likely be issued. I have been caught speeding four times, and every time I honestly didn't notice how much I was speeding (I knew I was over, but didn't realize it was 15+), and I appreciated the cop giving me a warning, as I really don't go that fast 99% of the time.

State Researcher

Post imported post

FogRider wrote:
    While you may (and more than likely do) deserve the punishment, a little forgiveness and a warning to knock it off is appreciated. Does a chronic speeder deserve a warning? No, but his record is going to get pulled up, and a ticket will more than likely be issued. I have been caught speeding four times, and every time I honestly didn't notice how much I was speeding (I knew I was over, but didn't realize it was 15+), and I appreciated the cop giving me a warning, as I really don't go that fast 99% of the time.
    I do understand that warnings are nice, I've gotten one or two of them as well. The problem is giving warnings creates a huge gray area. There's no limit to how many warnings one person can get, especially since not all warnings are official. The LEO might just tell the cute big-boobedbimbo to "be more careful" next time. The concept of law ispretty simple. If a law says you can't do something, and you do it, then you're wrong and should be punished. There's no gray are there.

Lets consider a hypothetical situation where a first speeding offense resulted in a loss of license, period. No exceptions, no warnings. Would you let yourself not notice that you were speeding anymore? Lord knows I wouldn't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast