Thread: open carry

Post imported post

I am confused if you open carry is that like a cop on you side or what? The rules say concled carry out of sight like a shoulder holster. What is the meaning of open carry?Is it is leagal to carry on you hip or is it not? If you gun is laying on the seat of you car that is in plain sight or is that open carry???? DUHHHHHHHHHH It is confusing of how the law is written it says one thing and means another. Some one please explain exactly what is legal and is not. I want to carry on my hip but dont wont to be arrested everytime I do so!!!!!!

Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

I thought that the term "open carry" was self-explanatory. Anything that's not concealed is open carry.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Open carry on this board refers to the carry of a loaded handgun in a holster where the handgun is in plain sight.

Right now John Pierce and I have erred on the side of conservatism temporarily coded MS as an indeterminate state for OC.

However, in reality it appears that OC is not unlawful in MS provided you hold a permit to conceal - the wrinkle is that (1) MS statute requires a permit to conceal, or partially conceal a handgun, and (2) MS Supreme Ct. saus a handgun in a holster is partially concealed.

Stand by for possible update on the map!

Post imported post

My understanding of the definition is very simple; if clothing is covering the firearm, it's concealed. Rolls of fat hiding the gun could be CCing too, maybe...

Post imported post

I carry conceal but i have been reading here about open carry .Do open?

Post imported post

picarl wrote:
    I carry conceal but i have been reading here about open carry .Do open?
    I have open carried around the Hattiesburg area for a while. The only folks who have asked me about it were some girls at the Kangaroo store on HW 49N.