• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Burke Wal-Mart OC A-OK So Far....

ufcfanvt

imported post

I'm new to this forum and I recently moved to Burke near the Wal-Mart. I avoided OC'ing there because I didn't have the time to deal w/ their crap if they started any. I've been lurking on this forum and I'd seen a lot of Wal-Mart problems. They also really ticked me off by getting rid of their rifles. I've assured them before that they will lose my business the day they take the ammo off the shelves. I was expecting some major management involvement the first time OC'ing in the store.
I OC'd in Giant and several other stores w/ no problems.
I OC'd in Walmart for the first time the other night when I had some time to look around and deal w/ any problems that might have arisen. I went through just about every section of the store and passed several employees. Only received a couple looks at my Glock 22 fully exposed on one hip and the two extra mags in their holder on the other hip.
The cashier was a young kid and there was some problem w/ his card reader. Two managers got involved, but only gave short glances at my weapon.

I left and was stopped by an older gentleman asking if I was LEO. He was very happy to hear that I was just a citizen protecting myself and others.

I've been CC'ing mostly, but I'll keep OC'ing where ever I can, when time and weather permits.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Welcome to OCDO! I'm glad to hear you have not had any issues. Just be prepared and informed in case someone does start fussing about it.

nova

imported post

I'm in Burke as well. Though I'm at GMU on campus 'till I finish next spring's semester...then I'll commute.